Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-02-2016, 12:09 PM

Default New(ish) to Medicine Hat

New to hunting in the Medicine Hat area, but grew up hunting just north of here in Sask, and this was the go-to city growing up. Looking for someone to put some miles on with for any animal really, whether it's elk, whitetail, mules, antelope, dogs or birds. Done mostly muzzleloading and archery for whitetail and mule deer and only a couple rifle hunts for some late season whitetail.
25 y/o male with a truck, bow, and shotgun. Don't know many people with land or access too in the area. Been hunting since I was 12 so I have a few notches on my belt.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:21 AM

looking for someone willing to let 2 guys tag along on a field hunt, ducks/geese, we have 2 layout blinds, goose and duck decoys and are eager to learn the basics of fields. we have been hunting lakes the past two years!

edmonton area but willing to travel!
Old 09-05-2016, 11:28 AM

Default First time Hunter

I recently completed my AHEIA conservation and education course, will be applying for my win and licences shortly. Would love to tag along with someone for deer and/or non draw antlered elk around Calgary (give or take 2hrs drive) in November or gamebird anytime during the season.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:49 AM

Tons of good guys on here willing to help. I met a good buddy on here

Good luck
Old 09-06-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasc43 View Post
Hey everyone,

My name is Mark, 25, currently working in Calgary as an engineer. This will be my first season attempting to hunt and getting quite excited. I have been doing a ton of research and reading but it's all quite overwhelming. I am prepared to go out solo but would prefer to have a somewhat experienced partner to go with for company and safety! Looking to fill a couple general deer tags likely just on public land. Planning to get out and scout some locations over the coming summer months. Also open to just tagging along on someone else hunt and helping with glassing, packing out, etc.. I have most equipment and am quite fit, so up for anything, just looking to gain some field knowledge! So if you are a new hunter who wants to try and learn together or someone experienced looking for a new partner, give me a shout. We can meet up before the season for a range session and beer to get acquainted!

Cheers, Mark!
I have done a bit of scouting over the summer but it's a lot to take in, feeling a bit discouraged for the season. Would feel a lot more comfortable with a partner/mentor so let me know if you need a buddy out there!
Old 09-07-2016, 07:49 AM

I'm looking to get out this season and get my first Buck!
Newer to hunting in Alberta. Hunted all my life with my dad in BC. I am 29 years old and have my own gear / rifle.
Located in Red Deer and I will travel if someone wants to take me.
Thanks!
Old 09-07-2016, 08:57 AM

I'll be heading out to whitecourt any 346 early October for wt buck. Anyone wants to tag along I'll give you the layout of the area
Old 09-08-2016, 01:42 AM

Default Within three hours of Calgary

Hey guys, I've worn two pairs of shoes out hiking in and around waiprous in the wmu 316-318 412-414-416 for elk, wt, MD and upland birds and I've been only having moderate luck at finding the amount of animals I expected.

I'm looking for a partner for bird hunting with .22's and big game hunting, I'm medium experience and have my own guns.

Anyone feel like grabbing a coffee and talking about what your targeting this year, I'm willing to share my knowledge for upland birds and locations.

I'll help lug animals out and even gutting, I would just like to get some bucks this year instead of just filling doe tags.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:48 AM

Hey Guys, Grande Prairie area, new hunter looking to learn. I like to hike in to areas. I need to learn how to field dress and would like to watch an experienced hunter. Willing to clean and help pack out your harvests. I am looking for elk/deer myself.

PS I don't bitch about early mornings or long hikes!
Old 09-08-2016, 10:49 AM

Default Looking for pheasant hunting partner in calgary area

Hi everyone,

I am looking to take my German shorthaired pointer puppy out for some pheasant hunting this fall. I mainly want her to get used to gunshots. I have hunted before but not in Alberta. Would love to tag along and split gas

Thanks

Steve
Old 09-08-2016, 02:21 PM

Hey, my name is Michael Todd.
I'm 30 years old, beginner/moderate knowledge hunter.
I hunt mostly on crown land, in wmu 316, 318, 412, 414, 416 for elk, wt, MD and upland birds.
I'm buying general tags until I can get the draws I want, which will be a few years.
I'm a rifle hunter, truck warrior, or long range shooter as I don't have a preference on how they end up in my trunk.
It's about the meat not the horn for me.
I own a suv and car and am extremely safety minded and ethick, I obey all hunting laws.
I don't smoke, and don't drink often.

What are you looking to get this year?
How old are you?
Do you smoke cigarettes? Marijuana?
Are you safety orientated?
Are you willing to put some heavy km on your feet doing some upland bird hunting while scouting for where the animals are?
Do you have problems with shooting yotes, wolf's or bears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrang View Post
Hi there
I am in Calgary
Not an experienced hunter by any mean but have been out hunting for few years, know few WMUs west of Calgary very well
Rifle hunter, Ethical, Social drinking

Hunting for deer on a general tag
Got my truck and ATV and all camping gear

Been scouting and looking for a likeminded partner to scout and pick few spots for the fall

Willing to travel up to 2 hour radius

Would like to meet for a coffee or a drink and chat first, PM me

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2016, 09:16 PM

Default opening week?

my son got his first job so can't really ask for the week off.
looking for my first elk heading up to valleyview area not written in stone
could use some company, have camper going to drop it and scout.
lots of boot leather going to get burned along river banks like to hike.looking for company or just someone to share camp spot as it gets boring sitting at night by oneself.
I'm 60 but more fit than a lot of 40 yr olds .Calls, gps, compass and know how to use them.don't smoke like a few beers but at the end of the day around the campfire when hunting is done.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:56 PM

Default Hunting partner needed

Hi! I moved here from Winnipeg a couple years ago and I used to hunt a lot of small game over there. Now I am struggling to find any WMUs near Calgary to hutn small game. Would love a hunting partner to show me around and hunt with me. Thanks!!!
Old 09-10-2016, 11:16 AM

Default Looking to team up for geese

I'm a every experienced hunter, just not for geese. My 13 yr old son and I bought our own decoys and blinds, so we are self sufficient, but really are brand new at goose hunting. Would sure appreciate the opportunity to join some fellow hunters and learn the ropes. Live in Edmonton. Shoot me a pm if you can help, as I'm always on the site.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:28 AM

Default hunting

[hi there , have you found anyone to hunt with yet, just joined here and moved up here in feb. have hunted for 35 yrs or so , looking for someone to show me around up here, maybe we could help each other out
EldenQUOTE=KrazyKraka187;3300062]Hey guys! Long time lurker here, really havent posted much (if anything).

I am looking for someone to mentor me, or even learn the ropes with me. I am a 24 year old male with little hunting background. Ive only done small game and waterfowl for the last few years but now I want to take the next step and learn big game. Ideally I would like to learn how to hunt deer, moose and elk.

I have my own rifle, bow, and most of the essential gear. I live in Edmonton but I am willing to travel pretty much anywhere. I am very respectful and always willing to learn. I even have access to private farmland to hunt on in the Lamont area. I Just have no idea how to "prep" a hunt, or scout and what to look for. If anyone is willing to take me under there wing or just learn together feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Old 09-12-2016, 11:32 AM

Default Goose hunting

Wondering if anyone is looking for a goose hunting partner? I am 32 just had a baby so trying to hunt around town now so I can help out my wife during the day. I have lay down blinds and decoys just no one to go with or much experience. I work 10 days on and 10 days off so I can go weekdays or weekends and lots of time to scout. I live in Leduc.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:04 PM

Default Taber Pheasant festival

Hey Steve,

I have 3 hunting days booked for the Taber Pheasant festival in October, i went down last year without a dog still had decent success, I hunt with a good friend and my father and we would love for another hunter with a dog to join us. Let me know if you're interested for more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveypo View Post
Hi everyone,

I am looking to take my German shorthaired pointer puppy out for some pheasant hunting this fall. I mainly want her to get used to gunshots. I have hunted before but not in Alberta. Would love to tag along and split gas

Thanks

Steve
Old 09-13-2016, 05:32 PM

In Grande Prairie area. Got everything needed to hunt waterfowl except decoys and experience. I know some farmers who know lots more. Anyone looking to show a guy how its done let me know.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:37 PM

Hey Mark,

You still looking for a hunting partner?
Old 09-15-2016, 09:09 PM

Default Could use help packing out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stustage View Post
I recently completed my AHEIA conservation and education course, will be applying for my win and licences shortly. Would love to tag along with someone for deer and/or non draw antlered elk around Calgary (give or take 2hrs drive) in November or gamebird anytime during the season.
My teen son and I each got mule doe tags in 404. With school and other activities, he can't always hunt with me, so could use another pair of eyes, and hopefully even help to haul the critter out.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:12 PM

Default Love the bunny hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangee View Post
Hi! I moved here from Winnipeg a couple years ago and I used to hunt a lot of small game over there. Now I am struggling to find any WMUs near Calgary to hutn small game. Would love a hunting partner to show me around and hunt with me. Thanks!!!
There are places to go near Calgary. I don't have time to ask various farmers, so I stick to the public land. Good way to scout for the upcoming big game season.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:37 PM

Default Looking for a Bow Hunting Mentor

I am looking for an experienced bow hunter who is open to mentoring me in the fine art of bow hunting. I am willing to put the time and energy in to learn ethical hunting techniques. If you need an extra set of eyes/hands and are willing to impart some of your years of bow hunting wisdom let me know.

I have most of the gear (minus binos/rangefinder) and have been out a couple times with my family in BC learning some of the basics of tracking. I have all the required hunting permits for bow hunting in Alberta, and I live in Calgary. I would like to harvest a deer this year, please message me to chat further.

Shawn
Old 09-17-2016, 03:54 PM

Default Hunting partner in killam, camrose area

Hi there I'm looking for a hunting partner for big game and birds around the killam, Sedgewick, forestburg,camrose area.
I'm 24 and have been hunting safely since I was a young'n. I have a fair bit if gear and a truck. Also have some pretty good hunting grounds around the area.
If your looking for a hunting partner around the area shoot me a message.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:22 PM

Default Hunting partner - Elk / Moose

I am looking for a hunting partner and/or a group to be part with for hunting this season for elk/moose. I haven't bought any tag yet, but I'm sure general tags can be purchased. If you are looking for a a second eye and a helping hand while hunting - I'm willing to put the time and energy in to learn ethical hunting techniques.

I have my certificate, WIN, rifle (308 caliber) sighted in, and have my own field dressing knives. From my work I can take a week off (6 vacation days left) so that I can make sure to align with your timeline.

Pleas let me know via PM and we can go from there.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:49 PM

Default Goose hunting Sturgeon County

Hi, I am looking for a hunting partner or group that I could learn from. I'm 46 and hunted a little when i was younger. I have Shotgun, laydown blind and a few decoys. I am willing to travel some.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:21 AM
Banned

Default .

Any old boys with aches and pains who cant walk much anymore , but would like to get out and look around , ducks ,geese . possibly a deer.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:49 AM
Banned

I live in Calgary, PAL/RPAL for 3 years, just passed my AHEIA test and looking to go for game birds, but I will be happy to come along on a big game hunt to learn to cut it up and help haul it out. I'd love to meet some people to hunt grouse/ducks whatever game birds once I get my license and some tags.

Me, I'm 41, excellent physical shape with great cardio, can hike for days and run packing gear no problem
PAL/RPAL/WIN. License on the way
My only current suitable rifle is a Savage Axis .223 but a .308 is on the horizon, Mossberg O/U and 2 Mossberg pumps, knives, axes, gear, etc.
Otherwise a gym rat, skier, snowboarder, love handguns
Don't smoke, no drugs, barely drink
Got a 2014 GMC 3500 if necessary
Very saftey oriented, take firearms as a privilege not a right so by the book AFA firearms and regulations are concerned
No wife to check in with so no gear wrenching once plans are made
Self employed so I can usually be flexible with scheduling
More interested in meat than trophies, but who knows what's down the road!
Old 09-20-2016, 08:54 PM

Default wmu 521 Moose / Elk Partner

heading out for bull moose and elk sept 29 for at least 10 days maybe 18. camping at swan lake or in the bush somewhere . would like some company at campsite and in the bush. am 30 years old know the country fairly well and easy to get along with. pm if interested
Old 09-22-2016, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballedbore View Post
heading out for bull moose and elk sept 29 for at least 10 days maybe 18. camping at swan lake or in the bush somewhere . would like some company at campsite and in the bush. am 30 years old know the country fairly well and easy to get along with. pm if interested
I sent you a pm.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:48 PM

Looking to fill my bear tag, don't really want to head out alone. Couldn't get out enough this spring so if you're heading out and need a partner send me a note. Looking to go somewhere within an hour or so from Calgary.
Have a bow, 12ga and a 300 at my disposal. Am looking to utilize the entire animal, as with anything I hunt.
Family man in my mid 30's (I forget haha) 37 I think. Located NW Calgary. Looking for elk too.

Happy hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk