Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-10-2021, 12:15 AM

Yup, He does seem to have some wires crossed, good intentions for the most part, but his quirks are big ones. I donated to their court case, no issues with the vids from the NFA I've watched, made some damned good ones.

However, it appears the LIbs are not done with us yet, Billy boy is going to mess with classifications now, Lametti is apparently working on changing the criminal code regarding this;

https://ipolitics.ca/2021/03/04/fire...UFYKXjqh1KluQc
Old 03-13-2021, 08:23 PM

A note on amnesties fro Michael Loberg ;

CCFR Answers
1d ·
Re: Do I get the Amnesty?
(Revision Date: March 12, 2021)
By the May 1, 2020 Order in Council that banned hundreds of thousands of firearms, many thousands of Canadians found themselves in possession of these newly prohibited firearms.
To try to avoid Canadian gun owner being immediately liable for criminal prosecution for possessing these newly prohibited guns, the government also made an "Order Declaring an Amnesty Period (2020)" to try to provide protection from that criminal liability for a time.
Subsequent to the OIC ban, many firearms had their classification changed in the Firearms Reference Table, which is a table managed by the RCMP Firearms Lab and provides their *opinion* as to classifications (those determinations are not law).
Despite not being law, those opinions have been generally relied upon by the gun community, even though they are just opinions, and in reliance on that many Canadians bought and sold firearms that were still for a time classed as non-restricted post-OIC, but were then later changed to Prohibited status on the FRT (the "Late FRT Prohibs").
That leads to the obvious question of whether purchasers of the Late FRT Prohibs get the amnesty, or are they liable to criminal prosecution?
I've got some bad news.
Here's the Amnesty provisions, and watch carefully the requirements of subsections (i) through (iv) in s. 2(a):
-------------
"Definitions
1 The following definitions apply in this Order.
"specified device" means a prohibited device referred to in item 4 of Part 4 of the schedule to the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited or Restricted.
"specified firearm" means a prohibited firearm referred to in any of paragraphs 83(a) to (p) or any of items 87 to 96 of Part 1 of the schedule to the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited or Restricted. (arme à feu visée)
Amnesty
2 (1) The amnesty period set out in subsection (3) is declared under section 117.14 of the Criminal Code for
(a) a person who,
(i) on the day on which this Order comes into force, owns or possesses a specified firearm and holds a licence that was issued under the Firearms Act,
(ii) at any time during the amnesty period, is in possession of the specified firearm,
(iii) during the amnesty period, continues to hold the licence while in possession of the specified firearm, and
(iv) if the specified firearm was, on the day before the day on which this Order comes into force, a restricted firearm, held on the day before the day on which this Order comes into force, a registration certificate for the specified firearm that was issued under the Firearms Act; ..."
-------------
Now the bad news: To get the amnesty you need to satisfy all 4 of the conjunctive criteria in (i) through (iv), not just some of them.
Problem #1: To get (i), you needed to own or possess that "specified firearm" on May 1, 2020. If you bought it later, meaning you bought one of the Late FRT Prohibs after May 1, 2020 but before the FRT showed it as prohibited, you don't qualify for the amnesty because you don't satisfy (i).
You are now in illegal possession of a prohibited firearm with no amnesty.
Problem #2: Here's a worse one (at least optically) - if you ordered a restricted firearm before the OIC ban that went prohibited in the OIC, and you took delivery of it after the OIC ban based on the CFO's view that you were the "owner" before the OIC ban so you could still take it, you'll meet criteria (i) and can rest easy on that point, but you still don't qualify.
This is because a Transfer Notice will be issued to get you the gun, and the Transfer Notice will tell you what the new registration certificate number is (though you may not actually get it), but all of that obviously happens after the date of the OIC.
That creates the second kind of problem: you can't satisfy criteria (iv) because you didn't have that registration certificate on April 30, 2020, and that's a hard requirement, so again you are now in illegal possession of a prohibited firearm with no amnesty.
I say this second kind is worse because it was the CFO's office that gave you the Transfer Notice and let you take the gun. They should have known that the amnesty would not apply, and they were tricking the buyer into taking on criminal liability without amnesty.
This is the kind of things this government is doing to us with their incompetence.
--------------
Postscript: If you find yourself having the first type of problem I urge you to remember that you are not obligated to tell anyone when you bought the gun. You cannot lie to law enforcement, but you are under no obligation to make any statements at all, including about when you bought the gun. If they can't prove that beyond a reasonable doubt, you will be fine. Don't ever give them the evidence they need to prosecute you. #STFU
Michael A. Loberg
General Counsel
Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights
Old 03-13-2021, 08:28 PM

And on restricted transfers, wait for the physical copy to CYA?

Re: Transfer Notices as "Temporary Registration Certificates"
(Revision Date: March 12, 2021)
Apparently CFOs are now saying that a Transfer Notice no longer serves as a "temporary registration certificate", meaning you must wait for actual certificate prior to taking possession of the firearm (see photo for the notice sent to retailers).
Under s. 91 of the Criminal Code of Canada ("CCC") to possess a gun you need to BOTH be the holder of the applicable licence and (for restricted and prohibited class firearms) a registration certificate, otherwise it's an offence.
"...91 (1) Subject to subsection (4), every person commits an offence who possesses a prohibited firearm, a restricted firearm or a non-restricted firearm without being the holder of
(a) a licence under which the person may possess it; and
(b) in the case of a prohibited firearm or a restricted firearm, a registration certificate for it. ..."
Note that "...being the holder of..." is not the same as actually having the thing with you. I'm the holder of a driver's licence even if it's not with me. Of course proving that you are the holder of a licence or registration certificate is usually done by producing it, but if the registration certificate exists and is in proper form, you not having physical possession of it does not create an offence, just a proof or evidentiary problem.
Note that on the old ATTs for restricted-class firearm it was (at least for most) a condition of the ATT that you have the registration certificate with you while transporting the firearm, but those old ATTs will all be gone now as the RPAL renewals came along with the automatic ATTs per the Common Sense Firearms Licensing Act, and the new automatic ATTs don't appear to have that requirement anymore.
Back on point, CFOs saying that the Transfer Notice stood as "temporary registration certificates" was a convenient thing they did, which allowed taking a new gun home without waiting for a registration certificate to show up, but it didn't change the operation of s. 91 CCC. The only way to KNOW you are compliant with s. 91 is to have the registration certificate in hand. Otherwise you are ***assuming*** it actually issued, and the price for being wrong potentially is a criminal charge.
That said, if you had the Transfer Notice and it has a registration certificate number on it, there's pretty good odds the registration certificate has issued... you just couldn't prove it if you got caught with the gun on the way home.
As an aside, I doubt it was technically proper to say that the Transfer Notice stood as a "temporary registration certificate", because Transfer Notices and registration certificates are in fact different things. Having a registration certificate number on the Transfer Notice would be some evidence that the registration certificate has in fact issued, but that doesn't mean one serves as the other, it would just serve as some evidence of the existence of the other, by providing a unique registration certificate number that would likely only exist if the registration certificate had been created.
If it came to a criminal charge under s. 91 where you could prove that at the time of the offence you had a licence and the registration certificate had already issued, I fully expect you'd win an acquittal, but it wouldn't be fun.
Michael A. Loberg
General Counsel
Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights
Old 05-14-2021, 07:37 AM

Been busy moving out of Cgy since Apr 14th, finally have internet on the PC setup again, I hate using the phone for typing on and have no idea how to copy and paste links from a phone. Using a new internet service, seems ok, so far.
About the only thing missed really is the revelation of the RCMP still having the old registry on hand, like that was any kind of a surprise. Cons will be happy to use that during an election to crucify someone, not that it will make much difference, was most likely done thru Quebec RCMP as the Quebec gov't wanted it, and someone there probably gave it to them , courst orders or np court orders for or against it. The Libs & DOJ won't do anything about it. My money says Goodale and Blair knew all about it before 2016.
If you haven't seen it, check out Ian Runkle's interview with Ed Burlew, it is interesting to say the least. Can see more than a few FOIA's being requested on this one.

The other whackjobs in BC gov't are preparing legislation of their own, that is worse than Ottawa's clusterflop in progress, you'll probably need a lawyer present to go hunting in BC if that gets put thru. Even the lawyers can't make sense of it. Be very careful taking an autoloading gun there, shotgun, rifle or .22, they want to go a lot further than C21 does.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:27 AM

just a reference to the new BC laws, absolutely incomprehensible to the average citizen;

https://justiceforgunowners.ca/bc-bi...OnbzvAumsHQW4s
Old 05-22-2021, 06:52 PM

Another priceless issue with Bill C21.
Let's say a member of the armed forces, quite possibly even the RCMP or CSIS, has an issue with someone, who goes in and creates a red light case against them, while they are serving overseas. They may or may not be served with the notice of a firearms prohibition order thru the military system, and is technically violating the order, before they even recieve it. And how would the gov entity they are working for deal with it in a combat zone? Could be an air force pilot, a gunner on a destroyer, a cannoneer;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ScXwVlfkO0
Old 06-01-2021, 05:18 PM

Interesting, judge has ordered copies of the Cabinet discussions be sent to her on the OIC's, wonder if what she recieves will be real, fake or redacted to the point it's unusable. And we will never really know the answer to that;

https://calibremag.ca/federal-govern...wcG3Lz3dp41xpM

Believe the above stems from this;

Team Hipwell Scores a WIN. Landmark Decision by Federal Court.
In a landmark ruling released today Associate Chief Justice Gagne agreed with Team Hipwell that the Evidentiary Record before Cabinet that was used in deciding to enact the OIC 2020-298 ( regulation SOR/2020-96) be submitted to the Court for review. The Court closely followed the argument of Ed Burlew LL.B. and that of the other Applicants in deciding to review the Evidentiary Record before Cabinet.
A link to the decision and to the argument of Team Hipwell will be posted soon.
Your donations are being put to good work. Please renew your contributions so we may win this case.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/judicial-...ource=customer

a copy of the decision, from the CCFR website;

https://firearmrights.ca/wp-content/...-CCFR-case.pdf

Last edited by 32-40win; 06-01-2021 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:14 PM

Looks like 2nd reading on C21 is coming up tomorrow, Glen Motz will be doing a livestream on it at 10;30Am Eastern on FB. Not sure if I want to hear what was said in HOC hearings, but, I could probably look them up and find a link to them. Will still have to go to the Senate, and I doubt it will make it thru before Parliament shuts down, unless they railroad it. Lib backbenchers may be a bit spooked on this one, they are getting a lot of flak on it. We shall see.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:30 AM

Certainly the expected response from the Libs, they invoked S39 on supplying info to the judge as requested in the OIC trial. Question is now, how will it affect the court system outlook on the case, and whatever happens down the road? Will they take it lying down and obey the Party, or fight back and foil the Libs over it, it is a clear sign of disrespect to the courts.

https://firearmrights.ca/liberals-in...vide-evidence/
Old 06-17-2021, 02:51 PM

As much as it sucks, it is a possible option at least, and maybe it could pay off, if the OIC is defeated or repealed down the road;

From Mike Loberg, CCFR counsel;

Re: Leaving Canada if You Own OIC Prohibs
The Liberal government’s Order in Council and Amnesty Order created hundreds of thousands of newly-prohibited guns. They also said they would offer compensation for those guns at some time in the future, but to date they have not done that (liars) and owners of those guns are stuck with so-called “safe queens”.
Here’s a further and very serious problem: if you own any of the firearms newly-prohibited under the OIC and you wish to emigrate from Canada, you’ve got only 2 choices:
1. Export the guns if you could (and usually you can’t); or
2. Turn them in to the government for destruction now, without any compensation at all.
These options are simply not acceptable for people who cannot wait for a "buyback" because they need to or want to leave Canada now.
To find a solution I spoke with a number of people, including James Cox at The Shooting Edge, and Mr Cox has agreed to help us out. Here's how:
1. The Shooting Edge has a Prohibited Firearms Business licence and is authorized to acquire and possess any of these prohibited firearms.
2. If you want, The Shooting Edge will take a transfer of the gun, and know up front that it will be a genuine one-way only transfer to the business, and they will keep the gun until either they buyback is finalized or this abomination of a law is reversed.
3. If the law is reversed, and only if the law is reversed, The Shooting Edge will either transfer the gun back to you and charge a storage and handling fee, or sell the gun as a consignment firearm (your call).
4. If this turns into a “compensation program” situation, The Shooting Edge will hold the gun (up to 3 years), turn it in at the appropriate time, process the “compensation”, retain a consignment (storage) fee out of the proceeds, and send you the balance of the money.
I have to add that Mr Cox wanted nothing to do with any part of this abomination of a gun ban, but I talked him into it because it is simple unacceptable that Canadian gun owners who want to leave are left without any solution for their guns save destroying them without compensation. Mr Cox very reluctantly agreed.
Others may also offer this service (they need a prohib business licence and a willingness to store guns), and I hope it means zero guns are caught by this massive hole in this abomination of an OIC.
If you need this service, please reach out to The Shooting Edge.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:01 PM

As much as it sucks, it is a possible option at least, and maybe it could pay off, if the OIC is defeated or repealed down the road;

From Mike Loberg, CCFR counsel;

Re: Leaving Canada if You Own OIC Prohibs
The Liberal government’s Order in Council and Amnesty Order created hundreds of thousands of newly-prohibited guns. They also said they would offer compensation for those guns at some time in the future, but to date they have not done that (liars) and owners of those guns are stuck with so-called “safe queens”.
Here’s a further and very serious problem: if you own any of the firearms newly-prohibited under the OIC and you wish to emigrate from Canada, you’ve got only 2 choices:
1. Export the guns if you could (and usually you can’t); or
2. Turn them in to the government for destruction now, without any compensation at all.
These options are simply not acceptable for people who cannot wait for a "buyback" because they need to or want to leave Canada now.
To find a solution I spoke with a number of people, including James Cox at The Shooting Edge, and Mr Cox has agreed to help us out. Here's how:
1. The Shooting Edge has a Prohibited Firearms Business licence and is authorized to acquire and possess any of these prohibited firearms.
2. If you want, The Shooting Edge will take a transfer of the gun, and know up front that it will be a genuine one-way only transfer to the business, and they will keep the gun until either they buyback is finalized or this abomination of a law is reversed.
3. If the law is reversed, and only if the law is reversed, The Shooting Edge will either transfer the gun back to you and charge a storage and handling fee, or sell the gun as a consignment firearm (your call).
4. If this turns into a “compensation program” situation, The Shooting Edge will hold the gun (up to 3 years), turn it in at the appropriate time, process the “compensation”, retain a consignment (storage) fee out of the proceeds, and send you the balance of the money.
I have to add that Mr Cox wanted nothing to do with any part of this abomination of a gun ban, but I talked him into it because it is simple unacceptable that Canadian gun owners who want to leave are left without any solution for their guns save destroying them without compensation. Mr Cox very reluctantly agreed.
Others may also offer this service (they need a prohib business licence and a willingness to store guns), and I hope it means zero guns are caught by this massive hole in this abomination of an OIC.
If you need this service, please reach out to The Shooting Edge.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:41 AM

This legislation by the liberals is so unfair to law biding citizens! It’s just not right!
Old 06-23-2021, 03:02 PM

Libs announced they are finally getting around to implementing some of the legislation they've been delaying on with the C71 stuff, background checks, ATT's, on July 7th, and will be implementing the transfer registration and store records shortly. Lot of new owners may not be aware of this having been waiting in the rafters for the last two yrs, CCFR found it necessary to put out a vid to quell the hue and cry over it today of people thinking it was something new.

I have no knowledge if they have any agreements or understandings or policies in place with the medical profession on the background checks, they didn't even have a plan for it when they passed C71, and some of the medical practitioners said they likely would not participate in supplying info to the RCMP during the couse of the hearings. Haven't heard of anything requiring them to provide info being passed in HOC, pretty sure we would have heard about that.

And with this, calling in on a transfer will be much the same as the registry was, without supplying details on the gun other than with restricted stuff. For a while, as Ralphie's promise isn't actually in the legislation.

Re: Is the "Lifetime Review" Applicable on PAL/RPAL Renewals?
It certainly appears so.
The amendment in C-71 replaces subsection 2 to section 5 so as to remove the 5 year limit on the qualification to hold the licence at all in favour of a lifetime review, and that means a review on a lifetime criteria could happen literally at any time.
Here's the law including the part that C-71 removed bolded and in italics (so that part is gone):
Public safety
5 (1) A person is not eligible to hold a licence if it is desirable, in the interests of the safety of that or any other person, that the person not possess a firearm, a cross-bow, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device, ammunition or prohibited ammunition.

Criteria
(2) In determining whether a person is eligible to hold a licence under subsection (1), a chief firearms officer or, on a reference under section 74, a provincial court judge shall have regard to whether the person, within the previous five years, [deleted part]

Criteria
(2) In determining whether a person is eligible to hold a licence under subsection (1), a chief firearms officer or, on a reference under section 74, a provincial court judge shall have regard to whether the person

(a) has been convicted or discharged under section 730 of the Criminal Code of
(i) an offence in the commission of which violence against another person was used, threatened or attempted,
(ii) an offence under this Act or Part III of the Criminal Code,
(iii) an offence under section 264 of the Criminal Code (criminal harassment), or
(iv) an offence relating to the contravention of subsection 5(1) or (2), 6(1) or (2) or 7(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act;

(b) has been treated for a mental illness, whether in a hospital, mental institute, psychiatric clinic or otherwise and whether or not the person was confined to such a hospital, institute or clinic, that was associated with violence or threatened or attempted violence on the part of the person against any person; or

(c) has a history of behaviour that includes violence or threatened or attempted violence on the part of the person against any person.
This defines the eligibility to have a licence at all and extends the review period criteria to your whole life. Based on this, renewing your licence should include a pass through this "lifetime review" filter.
Old 06-25-2021, 11:35 PM

Gubmint actually put out an analysis of the implentation of the C71 rules changes in progress at the moment. It's pretty much required reading.

https://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2021/...FWLp8MR3YcKBes
Old 06-28-2021, 02:55 AM

Another one from Mike Loberg, about Bill C36 this time;

Michael Loberg
16h ·
This is if they THINK you might do something. Not that you DID something, just that they THINK you might do something in the future…
“…3 The Act is amended by adding the following after section 810.*011:
Fear of hate propaganda offence or hate crime
810.*012 (1) A person may, with the Attorney General’s consent, lay an information before a provincial court judge if the person fears on reasonable grounds that another person will commit
(a) an offence under section 318 or subsection 319(1) or (2);
(b) an offence under subsection 430(4.*1); or
(c) an offence motivated by bias, prejudice or hate based on race, national or ethnic origin, language, colour, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other similar factor.
Appearances
(2) The provincial court judge who receives an information under subsection (1) may cause the parties to appear before a provincial court judge.
Adjudication
(3) If the provincial court judge before whom the parties appear is satisfied by the evidence adduced that the informant has reasonable grounds for the fear, the judge may order that the defendant enter into a recognizance to keep the peace and be of good behaviour for a period of not more than 12 months.
Duration extended
(4) However, if the provincial court judge is also satisfied that the defendant was convicted previously of any offence referred to in subsection (1), the judge may order that the defendant enter into the recognizance for a period of not more than two years.
Refusal to enter into recognizance
(5) The provincial court judge may commit the defendant to prison for a term of not more than 12 months if the defendant fails or refuses to enter into the recognizance.
Conditions in recognizance
(6) The provincial court judge may add any reasonable conditions to the recognizance that the judge considers desirable to secure the good conduct of the defendant, including conditions that
(a) require the defendant to wear an electronic monitoring device, if the Attorney General makes that request;
(b) require the defendant to return to and remain at their place of residence at specified times;
(c) require the defendant to abstain from the consumption of drugs, except in accordance with a medical prescription, of alcohol or of any other intoxicating substance;
(d) require the defendant to provide, for the purpose of analysis, a sample of a bodily substance prescribed by regulation on the demand of a peace officer, a probation officer or someone designated under paragraph 810.*3(2)*(a) to make a demand, at the place and time and on the day specified by the person making the demand, if that person has reasonable grounds to believe that the defendant has breached a condition of the recognizance that requires them to abstain from the consumption of drugs, alcohol or any other intoxicating substance;
(e) require the defendant to provide, for the purpose of analysis, a sample of a bodily substance prescribed by regulation at regular intervals that are specified, in a notice in Form 51 served on the defendant, by a probation officer or a person designated under paragraph 810.*3(2)*(b) to specify them, if a condition of the recognizance requires the defendant to abstain from the consumption of drugs, alcohol or any other intoxicating substance; or
(f) prohibit the defendant from communicating, directly or indirectly, with any person identified in the recognizance, or refrain from going to any place specified in the recognizance, except in accordance with the conditions specified in the recognizance that the judge considers necessary.
Conditions — firearms
(7) The provincial court judge shall consider whether it is desirable, in the interests of the defendant’s safety or that of any other person, to prohibit the defendant from possessing any firearm, cross-bow, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device, ammunition, prohibited ammunition or explosive substance, or all of those things. If the judge decides that it is desirable to do so, the judge shall add that condition to the recognizance and specify the period during which it applies…”
Old 06-28-2021, 06:59 PM

And today it's back to C71 and the store records;

Michael LobergMichael's House of Politics and Philosophy
1h ·
Re: It Really is a Long Gun Registry
(Revision 28 June 2021)
Bill C-71 adds a requirement for businesses to obtain and keep a variety of information about guns that they touch during their business, be it for sales, repair or modifications. Here's what C-71 adds in that respect:
Conditions — licence issued to business
58.*1 (1) A chief firearms officer who issues a licence to a business must attach the following conditions to the licence:

(a) the business must record and, for the prescribed period, keep the prescribed information that relates to the business’ possession and disposal of non-restricted firearms;

(b) the business must record and — for a period of 20 years from the day on which the business transfers a non-restricted firearm, or for a longer period that may be prescribed — keep the following information in respect of the transfer:
(i) the reference number issued by the Registrar,
(ii) the day on which the reference number was issued,
(iii) the transferee’s licence number, and
(iv) the firearm’s make, model and type and, if any, its serial number; and

(c) the business must, unless otherwise directed by a chief firearms officer, transmit any records containing the information referred to in paragraph (a) or (b) to a prescribed official if it is determined that the business will cease to be a business.
C-71 comes into force in portions by regulation, and the newest regulations the Liberal Crime Family are bringing into force for this part prescribes what that "prescribed information" is. You might want to sit down for this list.
24.1 (1) The following information is prescribed for the purpose of paragraph 58.1(1)(a) of the Act:

(a) the classification of the firearm;

(b) the date and an indication of any business activity related to the possession or the disposal of the firearm, including, if applicable, its purchase, sale, bartering, gifting, consignment, importation, exportation, repair, alteration, deactivation, destruction, manufacture, pawnbroking, storage and display;

(c) the firearm’s manufacturer, make, model, type, action, gauge or calibre, barrel length and, in the case of a fixed magazine, magazine capacity;

(d) all serial numbers on the firearm’s frame or receiver;

(e) the name and address of the individual or business to which the firearm was sent, or from which the firearm was received, in the course of any business activity referred to in paragraph (b) other than an activity that relates to a transfer of the firearm, if applicable; and

(f) if the business caused the firearm to be shipped by another person, the name of the shipper or carrier, their licence number or permit number, if applicable, and the package tracking number of the shipped firearm.

(2) The prescribed period for the purposes of paragraph 58.1(1)(a) of the Act is a period of 20 years that begins on the day on which the record is created.

(3) The prescribed official for the purposes of paragraph 58.1(1)(c) and subsection 58.1(2) of the Act is the Registrar. (4) For the purposes of subsection 58.1(2) of the Act, the records transmitted by the business may be destroyed at the end of the 20-year period that begins on the day on which they were received from that business.

(4) For the purposes of subsection 58.1(2) of the Act, the records transmitted by the business may be destroyed at the end of the 20-year period that begins on the day on which they were received from that business.
That's not a registry, they say. It's not even in the possession of the government, right? But let's not forget s. 102 of the Firearms Act:
Inspection
102 (1) Subject to section 104, for the purpose of ensuring compliance with this Act and the regulations, an inspector may at any reasonable time enter and inspect any place where the inspector believes on reasonable grounds a business is being carried on or there is a record of a business, any place in which the inspector believes on reasonable grounds there is a gun collection or a record in relation to a gun collection or any place in which the inspector believes on reasonable grounds there is a prohibited firearm or there are more than 10 firearms and may

(a) open any container that the inspector believes on reasonable grounds contains a firearm or other thing in respect of which this Act or the regulations apply;

(b) examine any firearm and examine any other thing that the inspector finds and take samples of it;

(c) conduct any tests or analyses or take any measurements; and

(d) require any person to produce for examination or copying any records, books of account or other documents that the inspector believes on reasonable grounds contain information that is relevant to the enforcement of this Act or the regulations.
And there we have it... the government off-loads the cost of the creation of a new non-restricted long gun registry to firearm businesses, and then under the Firearms Act they just come and collect the data whenever they want.
That, my friends, is a Long Gun Registry.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:49 AM

Libs are appointing regional campaign directors.

Attached, is what they are spreading as being Public Safety ads, pls note who is pictured in it vs what they are spouting for propaganda.

RCMP giving bad info to the public again; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDRDI9232uk

Don't forget about Dennis R Young and his ATIPS requests, couple of new ones out fromD'Armani who took over Dennis's site;

https://dennisryoung.ca/2021/07/17/n...aF-DFBsGQ38SdA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Liberal ads.jpg (44.8 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-31-2021, 06:10 PM

Gary Mauser has been looking at some of the cost involved with C71 and the OIC's;

https://fraserinstitute.org/blogs/tr...PBkjjwfmvu4epM
Old 09-01-2021, 10:08 AM

few notes from CCFR today, Trudope is back to spouting off about the OIC's and what's down the road if Libs are re-elected, and a split vote will give them this power.

A question for the #HiveMind … how are the Liberals planning to FORCE a MANDATORY buyback or deactivation on Canadian gun owners? Send letters? Demands by email? Cops kicking in the door? This is theatre. Impossible to enforce 🇨🇦🗳 #Elxn44
I want to know …
They don’t even know who owns what? #impossible

Tracey Wilson
44m ·
BREAKING!! A re-elected Liberal government would make the gun ban forced confiscation MANDATORY meaning they’ll use tax payers dollars to take your legally acquired property. Also, promise to attack handgun owners across Canada 🇨🇦 🗳 #Elxn44 #gunpoli

Tracey Wilson
"a new $800M promise to force people who own banned assault weapons to either sell their guns back to the government or have them 'rendered permanently inoperable.' The Liberals had previously said this buy-back program would be voluntary" 🗳🇨🇦 #elxn44

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fed...tRJN8x6xMGqT_s

And it appears that the US wants to sign on to the small arms treaty again;

BREAKING: Career State Dept bureaucrat William Malzahn took the floor at the Seventh Conference of States Parties to the Arms Trade Treaty to signal the U.S.’ intent to once again bind itself to the terms and conditions of the treaty – the same treaty President Trump unsigned after announcing his intent at the NRA’s 2019 Annual Meeting.
The ATT has severe consequences for American gun owners and U.S. foreign policy. If the U.N. gets its way, its deliberately undefined and loose terminology will be used to mandate the provision of personal information related to any American that purchases a firearm manufactured overseas to the origin country’s government. Make no mistake, this is the first step towards creating a global firearms registry.
President Biden wants to give foreign bureaucrats control over the rights of law-abiding Americans, and the NRA will fight it every step of the way. Stay tuned.

Guaranteed Trudope will follow suit.
Old 09-02-2021, 12:37 PM

Sounds like they want to outlaw lever actions and pinned mags to boot now;

Old 09-03-2021, 02:43 PM

CCFR statement on the quebec debates and some updates on their endeavours;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WIzDaK4Is4
Old 09-03-2021, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Sounds like they want to outlaw lever actions and pinned mags to boot now;

Watch for a run on Ruger #1's in BB chamberings soon although when your 11 yr old buddy shot you in the arse it could sting and that's not very nice.

Nah. They'll ban those too. Can't have vulnerable children influenced by the seductive powers of firearms. I'm afraid the wonders of plinking sparrows, the neighbours cats, etc, while crushing a peanut butter sandwich are soon to be lost. Spitballs fired through a Bic pen at the hot chick in grade 3 will be an indictable offence if they can prove it was traveling over 50 fps.
Old 09-04-2021, 12:45 PM

Blair is on a roll today, speaking in Toronto, telling partial truths, appealing to emotions, but not representing the facts at all, using the US as an example. You have to hear it to believe it.
But, that is what we are fighting, and it is for all the marbles this time, because if they are re-elected, they will enact legislation that will ban and confiscate everything they can think of.

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/video?cl...IjASSDIxxw8r4E
Old 09-06-2021, 09:32 PM

The Turd goes on tv and declares assault rifles have the exclusive purpose of killing people and states that NO ONE has a right to possess them. If no one has a right to have them and their exclusive purpose is to kill people why do almost all law enforcement personal have access to these weapons. going by his rationale law enforcement will become executioners
Old 09-09-2021, 01:45 AM

Handout pamphlet from the CCFR, 150.000 pieces targeted in Ontario ridings and Lower Mainland in BC. Radio and TV ads also running in Ont in targeted areas;

https://liberalref.ca/?fbclid=IwAR0B...TC28Vzy4aygCBw

Liberal reaction from an FB post; Shame on you! If your message is so righteous why the subterfuge? You damage our institutions with crap like this. I hope you receive a cease and desist order very soon!
Old 09-09-2021, 01:51 AM

Podcast explaining CCFR position on PPC, announcements on flyers and ads.

https://podcast.ccfr.ca/episodes/episode-99/

NFA announcement on O'Tooles statements;

https://nfa.ca/2021/09/07/nfa-commen...UnvE8RVcBJW4_w

MSN article regarding NFA;

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/feder...S-zoE6mefnDuYg

Last edited by 32-40win; 09-09-2021 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:11 AM

Pam Damoff is being targeted along with Blair, Mark Holland, some others in Ontario, this is why;

https://justiceforgunowners.ca/liber...pt_wd-CSvp1GrM
Old 09-09-2021, 11:31 AM

A complaint from a Lib abouit the flyer the CCFR is distributing today in Ontario and BC. There is a rumour going round that the Que premier is recommending to vote CPC????? CCFR is also hitting two radio shows today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maggie may complaint.jpg (33.9 KB, 26 views)
Old 09-10-2021, 11:45 PM

Toronto police report on gun crimes and shootings, very interesting, and backs up the fact Billy is lying;

https://calgarysun.com/news/local-ne...XxgvRQU8FMxTvA
Old 09-16-2021, 04:22 PM

If the LIbs wind up with a minority gov't, a coalition or a majority, this is what we are facing, we will be screwed bigtime, it will affect you even if you own a 22 or shotgun with a tube mag, or any mag over 5 rds for any gun you own.
It is also all about the definition of a 5 rd mag, something that people have to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnND3RJWxYw