Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2018, 11:18 PM

I can't even say how much I enjoyed that game...great win. Sorry Soiler Fan Boys, cry, whine, blame refs, cry 'turtle'....it don't matter. You LOST. Ahhh, the sweet taste of the Soiler fan boy tears....hahahahaha.....

Yup, I would have enjoyed that either way, was actually a really good battle both ways. But a win totally Rocks!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-17-2018, 11:19 PM
Banned

How do we get MT's brother? Aren't the Sens about to fold?

As well, I think Smith will be out shopping for a comfy cushion to use on the bench.. He might be there a while. Do they do "Skip the dishes" to the bench?
Old 11-17-2018, 11:26 PM

I'd love to get Chuckie's brother Brayden! that would be a totally ignorant skill line!

For all the hate on Chuckie, you have to admit that he has a Magic Stick in tight for tipping pucks into the net. He has skill, to go with his super abrasive attitude.....I'd hate him too if he wasn't a Flame!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-17-2018, 11:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I'd love to get Chuckie's brother Brayden! that would be a totally ignorant skill line!

For all the hate on Chuckie, you have to admit that he has a Magic Stick in tight for tipping pucks into the net. He has skill, to go with his super abrasive attitude.....I'd hate him too if he wasn't a Flame!
I love him. He shows up when he has to. Tonight was smart. I don't like the optics but he protected himself and drew 14 min in penalties. Smart play actually. He shows up for the bell when its in his weight class.

SB is starting to find his role. I never thought thats what he was going to be but he is doing what he has to in order to stay with the team . I admire that.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Seems I may have missed something. Did the Flamers play tonight?

You were saying??? Funny you don't see guys like this around on games like this. Crickets again, where are the 2 -3 guys who drop in after a Flames loss? Yet we beat the Soilers in a BOA and silence huh. Sack up boys and drop by after a Soiler loss.. Yeah didn't think so.
Great win Flames. Although not the BOA of the 80's but it's back to being a great match up.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if this was part of Chias notes in 2016, decided he liked his turtles slow, instead of smart. He passed on Matthew and signed Lucic.

BTW how is Jessie what's his name working out in Edmonton, I didn't see him in the line up tonight.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:54 AM

Whoa..... not sure where I am right now.

TC.... I’ll EMT you in the AM when sober.

Previous I said hit a guy... I meant bit. His arm got in a way of my drink.
Gonna go dance now.

I think we lost..... not sure...
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 11-18-2018, 06:19 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Flames should have brought up a heavy weight but let the turtle do the talking

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-18-2018, 10:05 AM

Man, I just love the hurt butt over Chuckie getting under everybody's skin, and then to lose so badly....

Delicious, those tears are. Absolutely deeelicious!

Old 11-18-2018, 10:29 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Man, I just love the hurt butt over Chuckie getting under everybody's skin, and then to lose so badly....

Delicious, those tears are. Absolutely deeelicious!
"Chuckie" is definitely an abrasive mouth piece. By turtling when challenged the yappy kid showed the rest of the league that he is, and will be a mouth piece only ...which will open the door for everyone to deal with him in a different way. I would suggest he takes a page out of little Johnny's book and stay out of the corners
Old 11-18-2018, 11:26 AM

Regarding Kassian vs Tkachuk
There is no way this fight would happen. A low skill player fighting another team's top scorer does not happen often. Having the other team's top scorer in the box for 5+ minutes is a trade-off any coach would be happy to have.

Kassian is a fighter and nothing but. Non-fighters and occasional fighters would be loathe to accept this match up.
Face punchers fight face punchers.
Other teams would think it is best to keep Kassian on the ice. Maybe even give him some PP and PK time.

Fights I would have liked to see last night;
Draisaitl vs Tkachuk. The opportunity was there during the big scrum.
Both top players on their team.
Similar size
Neither known as fighter.
Draisaitl mans up for the slough foot.

and .......
McDavid vs Backlund. The opportunity was there during one of the scrums.
Similar in size
Known pacifists
Both are minute munchers for their respective teams.
Crowd would go crazy. This fight would be similar to watching 2 drunken hobos scrapping it out.
This fight would never happen though. Similar argument to Kassian/Tkachuck. McDavid is too valuable to the Oilers to be sitting in the box for 5+. But, ya gotta think, how inspirational would it be to see McDavid drop the mitts?
Old 11-18-2018, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
"Chuckie" is definitely an abrasive mouth piece. By turtling when challenged the yappy kid showed the rest of the league that he is, and will be a mouth piece only ...which will open the door for everyone to deal with him in a different way. I would suggest he takes a page out of little Johnny's book and stay out of the corners
Hal, on some levels I do agree with you. But in looking at the box score last night. MT didn't take a penalty and he specifically drew 18 minutes worth. (4 Roughing and a 10 min misconduct) That is one effective tool. As well, he is tied for the lead in points for the Flames with some damn big names beside him. Some guys carry the water and others chop the wood. Do your Job and all should be ok. His job is to agitate and score goals. He deserves a raise. I am sure he knows it will catch up with him but between here and there he put a Oiler in the box for almost 1/3 of the game. WOW...

For those that think he won't drop the gloves....http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/23054
Old 11-18-2018, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Oops, I didn't realize Rittich was getting the start tonight. Well that a definite mistake. Good for the Oiler's, thanks Peters!
Coach Peters is a busy man so he asked me to pass on this message to you........You're welcome!
Old 11-18-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Coach Peters is a busy man so he asked me to pass on this message to you........You're welcome!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

8 games and the desperate Shames fans have him pegged as the next Kipper! I guess we will see.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:48 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Hal, on some levels I do agree with you. But in looking at the box score last night. MT didn't take a penalty and he specifically drew 18 minutes worth. (4 Roughing and a 10 min misconduct) That is one effective tool. As well, he is tied for the lead in points for the Flames with some damn big names beside him. Some guys carry the water and others chop the wood. Do your Job and all should be ok. His job is to agitate and score goals. He deserves a raise. I am sure he knows it will catch up with him but between here and there he put a Oiler in the box for almost 1/3 of the game. WOW...

For those that think he won't drop the gloves....http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/23054
I'm just saying that if you're going to yap and take cheap shots at players when somebody else is holding him you better answer the bell, he doesn't/won't so I think it's not going to go well for him following last nights game. We shall see I guess
Old 11-18-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I'm just saying that if you're going to yap and take cheap shots at players when somebody else is holding him you better answer the bell, he doesn't/won't so I think it's not going to go well for him following last nights game. We shall see I guess
Yeah, he is yappy...but I'm not worried about him. He isn't afraid to go into corners or be in the dirty areas in front of the net. He has more than a bit of his old Man in him, not as gutless as the naysayers would have it (granted the optics were terrible on that, but was pure theater on his part and looking at the minutes he drew...doing his job well).

The only really cheap thing involving Chuckie last night was the greasy slew foot he got. That was plain dirty.

But overall very entertaining and great win.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Is the irony lost on you that he didn't turtle first? It's okay for one guy to turtle but not another, no one cares, except Oiler fans.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post

8 games and the desperate Shames fans have him pegged as the next Kipper! I guess we will see.
Wouldn't go that far, but he's the best we got right now and so far it's been good enough.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:24 PM

Love all the Tkachuk hate for not going with Kassian. So our leading scorer doesnt fight your goon, instead draws 26 minutes in penalties out of that buffoon, and he's the one doing it wrong?

Never change, Edmonton. LOL
Old 11-18-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
Love all the Tkachuk hate for not going with Kassian. So our leading scorer doesnt fight your goon, instead draws 26 minutes in penalties out of that buffoon, and he's the one doing it wrong?

Never change, Edmonton. LOL
The funny thing is, they then wonder why the team is no good! One of them actually thought we had a better chance starting Smith.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
Regarding Kassian vs Tkachuk
There is no way this fight would happen. A low skill player fighting another team's top scorer does not happen often. Having the other team's top scorer in the box for 5+ minutes is a trade-off any coach would be happy to have.

McDavid vs Backlund. The opportunity was there during one of the scrums.
Similar in size
Known pacifists
Both are minute munchers for their respective teams.
Crowd would go crazy. This fight would be similar to watching 2 drunken hobos scrapping it out.
This fight would never happen though. Similar argument to Kassian/Tkachuck. McDavid is too valuable to the Oilers to be sitting in the box for 5+. But, ya gotta think, how inspirational would it be to see McDavid drop the mitts?
I'm happy chuckie did what he did. Good for a chuckle. Fans see him for what he is now. The league sees him for what he is now. He will get it one day now....Claude L. style. Although Claude would occasionally put his money where his mouth was with a big dude. I still laugh at that turtle, gotta be one of the best ones I've seen

Ever see McDavid drop the mitts? Does a little better than a drunken hobo
Old 11-18-2018, 01:57 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Is the irony lost on you that he didn't turtle first? It's okay for one guy to turtle but not another, no one cares, except Oiler fans.
Hahaha!!!..oh boy.....
Old 11-18-2018, 02:05 PM
Banned

I watched the third period,,,, i guess that’s all i needed to watch
Old 11-18-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Who turtled first? Are you talking about Flapchup being 3rd man in on McDavid and Backlund?
Old 11-18-2018, 02:26 PM

For a really great laugh, just go read the game day thread on the Oilers fan forum, runs 16 pages and goes from the typical 'we da mighty oil yeah!' to typical and endless whining about the refs, to jumping off bridge by the end. The tears are deeelicious! It's crazy the whining and crying, absolutely hilarious. It's even worse, yet funnier, then all the whining and crying here! Hard to believe, but a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon after a great win. Hahahaha....

Old 11-18-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
The funny thing is, they then wonder why the team is no good! One of them actually thought we had a better chance starting Smith.
Easy to gloat about being right when there is no way to prove you wrong. The fact is that Smith's numbers against the Oilers are literally the best of any goalie vs a single team in the current NHL. He is like 18-3-2. Goaltending is more mental than anything at the NHL level as all tenders have the talent and physical ability on any given night to win. Saros is another example of a goaltender I don't like the Oilers playing because for some reason he elevates his games and out performs his stats. Cam Ward is another and I think that is from being a local Sherwood Park kid.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:35 PM

So, this means we have two goalies who can beat the Slightly Oilers now? Sweet!

Old 11-18-2018, 03:01 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2018, 03:03 PM

So sad to be an Oilers fan today....but it could be worse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KICuf5R.jpg (54.1 KB, 27 views)

Old 11-18-2018, 03:07 PM

It was a good game, finally some fire in the league and we got front row seats.
Chuck vs Kassian...did anyone really think the agitator was going to riled into a fight with one of the biggest goons still playing the game?? Yeah I don’t think so but he has dropped them with other folks so give and take. Last night he took 26 mins from Kassian.
Both backups did great. Never even seen that kid from the oil before but dang he’s good and Rittich stopping 3 breakaways, insane, but never should’ve happened as the flames should stop coughing up the puck at the line. Like come on!!
And Backs vs McD...backs might’ve been coming hard but McD definitely did a full head grab and twist. Give and take again, but can’t expect team members not to stand up for either.
Lucic hit on Gio, that boy needs to keep his head up but pretty sure 6mil a year is supposed to score too not just look for the big hit. Still an amazing hit though, kinda like Bennett...