Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-14-2015, 01:52 PM

Default MILARM Edmonton Rifle Sale

Just a heads up to anyone who thought they purchased a rifle over the phone this morning with MILARM in Edmonton. They just called me back and said sorry but the preference went to people in the store so we sold it. I would have gone down in person but I'm not in town. I was extremely excited to purchase my first rifle today and get out shooting soon, but see I'm now back to the drawing board.

I've read many terrible reviews for customer service there, but figured most seemed old and outdated. He apologized on the phone but busy or not, you shouldn't tell a customer it's yours, take the credit card info and call back hours later saying you sold it to another customer who was there in person.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bganz View Post
Just a heads up to anyone who thought they purchased a rifle over the phone this morning with MILARM in Edmonton. They just called me back and said sorry but the preference went to people in the store so we sold it. I would have gone down in person but I'm not in town. I was extremely excited to purchase my first rifle today and get out shooting soon, but see I'm now back to the drawing board.

I've read many terrible reviews for customer service there, but figured most seemed old and outdated. He apologized on the phone but busy or not, you shouldn't tell a customer it's yours, take the credit card info and call back hours later saying you sold it to another customer who was there in person.
We have done our best to get everyone sorted out. I apologize again for the mis-communication regarding us saying we had one in stock when we didn't. There was about 60 people standing out front when we opened and we've never offered these sales to clients over the phone or email before. We clearly have some wrinkles to iron out and I assure you that will happen. Apologies again.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:06 PM

That sucks, guess you should have made the trip in and stood in line like the rest of us. Picked up two smoking good deals, thanks milarm
Old 10-14-2015, 02:06 PM
Banned

what rifle were you after i'm sure someone can find you one for the same price
Old 10-14-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double gun View Post
That sucks, guess you should have made the trip in and stood in line like the rest of us. Picked up two smoking good deals, thanks milarm
Glad you're happy with the sale! I need about 43 beers!
Old 10-14-2015, 02:29 PM

Thanks MILARM, for the apology again. I can only imagine how busy you are with such a killer sale. I just wish I had been able to take part, and wasn't lead to believe I had.

I definitely would have loved to been there in person this morning, as it would have been much simpler, I agree, but I'm out of town working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
what rifle were you after i'm sure someone can find you one for the same price
It was the Tikka T3 Lite Left handed 30-06. My goal is to get one solid rifle that will last a long time. I was stretching my budget just for the gun, and was hoping to get a scope for Christmas, so I can't afford much more than that for sure. Anyways thanks for trying to help, I sincerely appreciate it.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bganz View Post
It was the Tikka T3 Lite Left handed 30-06. My goal is to get one solid rifle that will last a long time. I was stretching my budget just for the gun, and was hoping to get a scope for Christmas, so I can't afford much more than that for sure. Anyways thanks for trying to help, I sincerely appreciate it.
ooooo had to be a lefty.... that might be harder
Old 10-14-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
ooooo had to be a lefty.... that might be harder
Haha yep, the struggle is real..
Old 10-14-2015, 03:24 PM

Default lefty

52286 Tikka T3 Hunter, Blued/Wood, Left Hand, 22.4" 30-06 Sprg 970.00 NEW

P&D Edmonton
Old 10-14-2015, 03:49 PM

Maybe Milarm would make good on the error and order a lefty for ya and give it to you at the sale price? Wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:10 PM

Well seems like the right thing to do would be to honor the deal made over the phone by the milarm representative instead of calling you back to tell you to pound sand. If you make a deal....honor it. But hey that's just my opinion
Old 10-14-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cplante View Post
Well seems like the right thing to do would be to honor the deal made over the phone by the milarm representative instead of calling you back to tell you to pound sand. If you make a deal....honor it. But hey that's just my opinion
^ x2
Old 10-14-2015, 05:43 PM

I think the op should send a pm to Madball and give him the opportunity to make it right. He seems like a stand up guy to me.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cplante View Post
^x3
Old 10-14-2015, 06:59 PM

Once I'm done work today I'll send him a pm and see if he feels the same way. Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:40 PM

Glad I did not call in from cow town for a lefty -06.....would have been disappointed to get a call back .....but then again my budget would not have stretched to a T3.....
Old 10-15-2015, 10:14 PM

Killer deals

Last edited by JCJ; 10-15-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:28 PM

Millarm should have called you back and told you they sold out and yours was mistakenly given out to a customer in store, but don't worry, we have one ordered and we will toss in some ammo.

They had the chance to fix this Before the customer even knew and should have had the fix it ball rolling. Very poor performance milarm.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJ View Post
Killer deals
Saw what you did there.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:49 AM

When I called, a nice lady took my name, cc, and what I wanted, but she did not say that they were mine. She said that someone will call you back to finalize the deal if the rifles were still available. Got the call back next day and told I got one of the two rifles I wanted. Also picked up a pistol while talking to them over the phone. Will get a call back next week to finalize the transfer of the pistol. Thanks Milarm. Please do get your website going for future sales.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:06 AM

Its nice to get an appology, but meaningless if it were my bussiness I would certainly be going out of my way to be getting the fellow I made hollow promises to happy. You guys owe the man a rifle get to it.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:12 AM

Bganz

Check out this ad, not a 30-06 but a 270 might do.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=267305
Old 10-16-2015, 09:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreya3212 View Post
Millarm should have called you back and told you they sold out and yours was mistakenly given out to a customer in store, but don't worry, we have one ordered and we will toss in some ammo.

They had the chance to fix this Before the customer even knew and should have had the fix it ball rolling. Very poor performance milarm.
the thing i don't get is that they would make money selling the rifle to him right? otherwise that makes for a pretty bad business strategy.

so why not sell him another one. it's a live deal never give up a customer that is willing to buy.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
the thing i don't get is that they would make money selling the rifle to him right? otherwise that makes for a pretty bad business strategy.

so why not sell him another one. it's a live deal never give up a customer that is willing to buy.
Pretty standard business practise,t's called a loss leader , they bring in a bunch of product and sell it at their cost or even a tad lower, take the hit, hoping that once the customer gets in he/she will see something else they absolutely do not need but must have
( happens to me all the time!)
I once bought a really nice fishing rod from a shop in town at a firesale price, brand new.
They brought them in for their store opening , the rod was less than their cost.
That was 1982 I think, still have it and use it!
Cat
Old 10-16-2015, 09:32 AM
Banned

Another thing to consider is the state of the dollar.
Could be that a lot of the stuff they are selling has been in stock for six or more months.
The gun in question for example...if they don't have another one in stock, and it's coming out of the U.S. they are going to pay 25-30% more for it because of the current lousy exchange rate.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Pretty standard business practise,t's called a loss leader , they bring in a bunch of product and sell it at their cost or even a tad lower, take the hit, hoping that once the customer gets in he/she will see something else they absolutely do not need but must have

Cat
ya it could be.

those should be the in store only sales though because it wouldn't make sense to sell it over the phone where you can't upsell or have impulse buys. which is why you always see the "instore only" disclaimers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Another thing to consider is the state of the dollar.
Could be that a lot of the stuff they are selling has been in stock for six or more months.
The gun in question for example...if they don't have another one in stock, and it's coming out of the U.S. they are going to pay 25-30% more for it because of the current lousy exchange rate.
ah yes the Canadian Peso
Old 10-16-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I once bought a really nice fishing rod from a shop in town at a firesale price, brand new.
They brought them in for their store opening , the rod was less than their cost.
That was 1982 I think, still have it and use it!
Cat
It is a standard practice, but with the all the big stores available the smaller guys really need to keep up. You sell a gun to a customer and he's happy you potentially have yourself a customer that will come back for more products regardless of the price. You sell a gun to a guy and then tell him he didn't make the cut you've probably loss a customer.

I know myself when I bought my first gun it wasn't the best experience. The next time I tried a different location and had a great experience. I've since stuck pretty close to only shopping at the place I had a good experience.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:17 AM

Well everyone, thanks for all the advice and help! I sent MilArm a pm and the next morning they wrote me back saying they would gladly order one in for me. So props to MilArm for coming through for me.

I'm getting my LH Tikka 30-06!!! <---- literally what I'm doing..
Old 10-16-2015, 11:04 AM

That is what I knew would happen. Madball is obviously a good dude who is trying to make a go of a new to him business. I am guessing that Milarm will continue to gain in popularity as an Edmonton based LGS that deserves our support.

Glad it worked out for the op.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
That is what I knew would happen. Madball is obviously a good dude who is trying to make a go of a new to him business. I am guessing that Milarm will continue to gain in popularity as an Edmonton based LGS that deserves our support.

Glad it worked out for the op.
I know for myself, I have never had a bad experience that I can remember since my first purchase from Milarm in the 80's , and will go back again.
Cat

Tags
milarm, rifle, sale