Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-23-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scesfiremedic View Post
Happy Camper RV in Edson is an Arctic Fox dealer as is Tee Pee Town RV in Camrose.

Have a look at the Northwoods Forum (they manufacture Arctic Fox)http://www.afnash.com/forum.php

The RV.Net Forum is also an excellent resource to ask questions or do a search for issues with certain brands. www.rv.net/forum/

I am looking at purchasing an Arctic Fox fifth wheel as I am sold on their quality!
Checking it out now. Thank-you.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:04 PM

I too am shopping for one (with the same floor plan as you ) and ive come to the conclusion they are all kinda junky, just pick one with a good floor plan and the goodies you want. Laminated aluminum walls are "supposed" to be the best. Ive had good recomendations from ArrKan, but I found them pushy and right off the bat tried to upsell me. Dealers are all probably like that though.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:09 PM

Outdoors Rv Mfg. same owners as Nothwood. Dunno if they have a floorplan like you specify but they have a good build. I have the 280 model with a rear kitchen. gr kids use a tent but it does have a hide a bed and wrap around dinette that work in a pinch. Supposedly 4 season but I think without skirting I'd be leary of freezing. Valves are inside and water tank has a heat tape BUT.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLantz View Post
I too am shopping for one (with the same floor plan as you ) and ive come to the conclusion they are all kinda junky, just pick one with a good floor plan and the goodies you want. Laminated aluminum walls are "supposed" to be the best. Ive had good recomendations from ArrKan, but I found them pushy and right off the bat tried to upsell me. Dealers are all probably like that though.
I hear you. Why do the salesmen have to launch into their "High Powered Sing Song Voice" as soon as thy open their mouth? Do they teach them that? Don't they realize that we are all real live humans, themselves included? They're so busy with their 'Lines' that you can hardly get them stopped, and then when you ask them a question, half the time they don't know the answer, so they just try to wing it. Especially the younger guys. When I get to a dealership now, I end up doing the crouch and dash, like I'm running through a war zone, till I spot a sales guy with some age on him. I want to talk to the guy who is older than my shoes, at least.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seenitall Onhorseback View Post
Thanks. I'll sure take a look at them too. Do you have an opinion if the Jaycos are getting better or Worse with the newer models?
Can't comment on this as i'm still running the '04 model i bought second hand in '05. Still in great shape and works for us at this stage. Good luck on the search
Old 08-23-2014, 03:23 PM

i have been researching for a good fifth wheel take a look at http://www.granddesignrv.com/index.php or http://www.openrangerv.com/ from what i have researched on them they have the highest quality and are very well built
Old 08-23-2014, 05:46 PM

The 65% was a private sale, I believe the fellow was having a hard time sellin it as the used price for the unit was more than a new "other brand". I

tried to buy from Trailer Town, but instead of the 65% of new on a two year old unit he wanted 80% and to play games. They also did not have a weight for the unit he was selling, just the Manufactures "leave the factory" tag. Well that pure BS they Always weight more ready to go.

I am pushing the weight limits of the truck, so it was important to me. That's how I know what it weights.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:31 PM

Thanks to all, now I just need to go and look at what's available.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:30 AM

Some of the main manufacture's are Jayco , Forest River and Keystone - Thor.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:13 PM

Have a look at the website for Dutchman trailers. We bought a 29' Denali last year, winterized, and used it for hunting every weekend last fall til the end of October. Heating vents run through floor and tanks are all covered in the underbelly. Trailer weighs 8200 lbs dry and we pull it with our 2500 Silverado. Hauls really well.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow dog View Post
Have a look at the website for Dutchman trailers. We bought a 29' Denali last year, winterized, and used it for hunting every weekend last fall til the end of October. Heating vents run through floor and tanks are all covered in the underbelly. Trailer weighs 8200 lbs dry and we pull it with our 2500 Silverado. Hauls really well.
Thanks!
Old 08-29-2014, 12:47 PM

I'm still struggling with the price of an Arctic Fox, but it seems like the way to go. I've been talking to a salesman "Don" at Teepee Creek. He seems like a nice guy, not a robot, haha.
I'm leaning towards new, at least that way we should have the warranty to fall back on. If these trailers are as expensive as I would imagine to fix, it might be worth the extra to buy new...
Why doesn't some little old lady in Pasadena have a used one for sale, that she only used to go to church on Sundays?
This forum has been super valuable to me in my search for the ultimate trailer. Thanks again, I think I am going to do it and just buy the thing. I wish they were open for business at about 10 pm (Which happens to be 5 hours after Happy Hour started). It always seems like a SUPER good idea around 10:00!! haha "To Hell with the expense, let the Hide go with the Horns! Whiskey all 'round, and fresh horses for my Men!!"

Tags
advice, arctic fox, camping, reviews, trailers