Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-23-2024, 05:28 PM

Default Dore Lake ice fishing

I've fished Dore a fair bit but never ice fished there. Thinking of going towards the end of March....I'm assuming south bay and moose bay will be holding pike but anyone have any info they'd be willing to share as to general areas? Are the walleye going to be in their typical areas? Earliest I've ever fished Dore is July long and by then the fish have mostly moved out into the main lake so I've spent very little time in any of the bays but am familiar with the lake. We typically stay at Michael Point so I'm definitely more familiar with the east side.
Old 02-23-2024, 05:29 PM

I've only done summer fishing there, but loved it! Hope your ice trip goes well.

Worth a thread bump for you!
Old 02-23-2024, 05:53 PM

No idea on the winter, but in the summer, the channel that takes you into T Bay in the northeast corner is insane.

The bay itself is pretty shallow and weedy and full of bait fish, and bigger fish.

The channel into the bay is like an ambush point for big fish.

Drewski
Old 02-23-2024, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
No idea on the winter, but in the summer, the channel that takes you into T Bay in the northeast corner is insane.

The bay itself is pretty shallow and weedy and full of bait fish, and bigger fish.

The channel into the bay is like an ambush point for big fish.

Drewski
I've actually never been into T bay or anywhere on the north west end. Basically just south bay to Saskatoon Island on the west side. Every time I've wanted to get up there the weather has not cooperated. Last 2 summer trips we have had real bad weather luck which leaves you with absolutely nowhere to get to on that lake lol. At least in the winter I can pretty much go anywhere.