Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-21-2014, 08:36 PM

Default my neighbor is a pain in my ...

long story short....since he bought a second car his main reason to be an a###### is: I have to move my truck in my garage......

I already moved it 3 meters forward to fit his POS in-front oh HIS house.....

now he parks his car 2 inches behind my truck which is parked uphill.......

what to do about the situation?

I know - the street is for everybody, BUT.......he even called the police laying them about the situation....they spent 2 minutes with me and 45 with this individual......then I tried to solve the problem and moved my truck, but he wants more and more.....

need an advice

thanks

Last edited by kostianych; 05-21-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:38 PM

Location: Just this side of no-where on the edge of common sense

Some people thrive on conflict. As long as he gets a response of any kind he will keep coming at you.

Put him on ignore and forget about it.
Regards,
Dave.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:39 PM

If nice doesn't work stand up for yourself. Why let an a-hole win?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-21-2014, 08:41 PM

Burn his house down. How is this not obvious?
Old 05-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Banned

he don't own that street.
Park how you like and tell him to suck it up.
He can use his own driveway if he like and keep his nose outa tellin you how and when to use yours
Old 05-21-2014, 08:46 PM

I don`t need a conflict.....I`m a big guy hew can stand up when it`s reguired.....

what if I accidentally hit his car while moving up hill or parking my truck....
I know - there will be a lot of s### flowing around.....

I tried to consult with the police services, but they just sent me whole bunch of literature and never paid attention
Old 05-21-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostianych View Post
what to do with this ########.......
Buy or borrow another car and park it accordingly!!!!
Old 05-21-2014, 08:47 PM

Buy him a beer & talk about anything except parking space. Might make better relations & if it don't work you tried
Old 05-21-2014, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Burn his house down. How is this not obvious?
Of course!
Old 05-21-2014, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don`t need a conflict.....I`m a big guy hew can stand up when it`s reguired.....

I tried to consult with the police services, but they just sent me whole bunch of literature and never paid attention
In all reality. There is nothing by law you can do, and anything outside of that will likely make you suffer and be the bad guy.

Just keep parking how you do and if things happen, they happen. Just don't give in to his way.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:05 PM

Had a neighbor once, lived across the street. His son kept parking in front of my house. Since we had two vehicles, I boxed him in so he couldn't get out. He got the message.

Grizz
Old 05-21-2014, 09:07 PM

I had a similar situation. I don't know if you have driveways in the scenario, but with mine I started parking on my driveway and he would literally park as close to my driveway as possible, called bylaw and they must park 1.5 meters from drive way. I waited til he went camping one weekend, called bylaw, ticket and a tow job. Guess what, he doesn't do that anymore. Normally I wouldn't care, but my neighbour is a pedophile, wife beater all around nice guy, so I didn't feel bad about it at all.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:09 PM

I wish I had a driveway
Old 05-21-2014, 09:10 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Had a neighbor once, lived across the street. His son kept parking in front of my house. Since we had two vehicles, I boxed him in so he couldn't get out. He got the message.

Grizz
This.
Smart.
Non violent approach.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-21-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
long story short....since he bought a second car his main reason to be an a###### is: I have to move my truck in my garage......

I already moved it 3 meters forward to fit his POS in-front oh HIS house.....

now he parks his car 2 inches behind my truck which is parked uphill.......

what to do about the situation?

I know - the street is for everybody, BUT.......he even called the police laying them about the situation....they spent 2 minutes with me and 45 with this individual......then I tried to solve the problem and moved my truck, but he wants more and more.....

need an advice

thanks
It was nice of you to move so he could park in front of HIS house. If he is parking close you should be careful not to roll back and damage your bumper....although a long hitch and ball might help too.....
Old 05-21-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post

Grizz
Funny. My buddy had a neighbor across the street with a corner lot. Enough room to park 6 on the street and 2 on the driveway. Every time one of us would park across the street from her place, she would fly out the door screaming at us.

A few months after this 'show' started, my buddy had a few of us over for drinks. She wasn't home but her boyfriend's corvette was parked across from my buddies (her husband drove a pickup). We boxed it in nicely and got to the beer.

A couple hours pass, and she comes over with her regular pleasant attitude, demanding we move. The response? Sorry ma'am, we're drunk. We moved them the next day, around noon.

She too got the message.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:41 PM

Talk his ol' lady into polishing your trailer hitch.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 05-21-2014, 10:04 PM

I dont care about my bumper and my truck has a long hitch long enough to make a big hole in his radiator
Old 05-21-2014, 10:43 PM

i'd park in front of his house and tell him to kiss my arse , whats he gonna do about it?
Old 05-21-2014, 11:01 PM

During our house build we had a brief stay at my MIL's house. A rental neighbor to one side asked my wife to park further way so he could see his car, because of his expensive camera equipment or some other pansy BS. At the time our son was only a few months old, and you all know how much cargo accompanies a first born. He got the picture after I brought over my 3/4 ton crew-cab truck with my 16 foot cargo trailer in tow, just to park it there. I was still driving my plumbing van as well. I left it for a few days to explain the situation. Curious how the wanker wouldn't approach me, but felt bold attempting to boss around my Mrs, who'd grown up her whole childhood in that house & on that block

Last edited by CaberTosser; 05-21-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:08 PM

Do you need a few vehicles to park?
Old 05-21-2014, 11:09 PM

Default Ignorance Everywhere

The guy across the street has bylaw on speed dial if someone parks in front of his house. He even went to the point of painting lines one the curb showing the 1.5 m encroachment distance to his and the neighbors driveway.

I could care less if people need to park out on the road but this self entitled winner has a big driveway that sits empty while his work truck bottle necks the quite little neighborhood.

Biggest concern I have is the drivers have yet another blind spot. Kids on scooters and bikes have other things to worry about.

Guy parks there all week, when someone else has family over for a few hours and beats him to it they call the town bylaw.

What to do?
Old 05-21-2014, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
Funny. My buddy had a neighbor across the street with a corner lot. Enough room to park 6 on the street and 2 on the driveway. Every time one of us would park across the street from her place, she would fly out the door screaming at us.

A few months after this 'show' started, my buddy had a few of us over for drinks. She wasn't home but her boyfriend's corvette was parked across from my buddies (her husband drove a pickup). We boxed it in nicely and got to the beer.

A couple hours pass, and she comes over with her regular pleasant attitude, demanding we move. The response? Sorry ma'am, we're drunk. We moved them the next day, around noon.

She too got the message.
It sounds like its time for you to host a Calgary AO get together.

You have some great and "interesting" board members close by.

Invite 220 swifty ^^^ along for some guidance.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:22 PM

Maybe get them accustomed to doing a walk around before they drive anywhere? Plan "Q", for those who don't recieve positive responses to plans "A" through "P"

Old 05-21-2014, 11:24 PM

Default Long Hitch & Ball are illegal when not in use

Just so you know it is illegal to have a ball/hitch that is not being used on a vehicle. If you roll backwards into their vehicle one quick call to the cops and you could get a ticket and your insurance would not have to cover and damage to vehicles. The police don't give out many tickets for this but if the neighbour complains they might.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby99ca View Post
Just so you know it is illegal to have a ball/hitch that is not being used on a vehicle. If you roll backwards into their vehicle one quick call to the cops and you could get a ticket and your insurance would not have to cover and damage to vehicles. The police don't give out many tickets for this but if the neighbour complains they might.
are you able to reference the laws stating this is illegal?

I've heard this for years. Somebodies friend had a sister who knew a guy that was told by an officer that this was illegal. This is not the first time this has come up and nobody has been able to provide the proof, either provincial legislation or even city bylaws. My hitch is on my truck as we speak.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:40 PM

I'm having similar issues with a rental complex across the street from my place. Lots of people legally parking in front of my home. I've contacted the rental company and they love the excuse that they can't enforce where anyone parks.

They are right unfortunately.

I have asked people nicely to park closer to their residences on the other side of the street with mixed reActions.

When I need to bring my travel trailer home for maintenance or to pack its a two day ordeal where I park vehicles in front of my own home to make enough space to get my truck and trailer in forint of my own house. (It fits within my lot frontage)

I HATE living in Calgary as I have a rural background but I've come to see that this is a fact of life. Including the 700 per year I pay just to park my 24 foot trailer.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby99ca View Post
Please reference legislation for us. I don't remove my hitches for any reason.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 05-22-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
Please reference legislation for us. I don't remove my hitches for any reason.
its only illegal if it blocks the license plate. i just read the legislation.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:30 AM

Quote:

When you know he is sitting in his house watching...Give him the impression something is cooking. Have a friend in a dark suit with a camera and briefcase meet you on the street by the vehicles involved and start taking pictures and video to document how close he is parking using a big tape measure...And be thorough. Maybe he will get the message. At least you will have visually documented proof. Be sure to have the time stamp on the pics or videos. And your friend can witness for you at the same time. Save for future reference if needed.

Or:
Get a sensitive sensor in the rear of your vehicle so that if he parks too close an alarm goes off, with the 200 decibal speaker positioned to shoot the sound back towards him. He's only do in once. He might even have a hard time renewing his licence because he went deaf.

Or a fun last resort:
A couple of jumbo bags of maggots in the air vents of his vehicle would be fun too. He'll have 1000 flies in his cab in a few days. They would put a nice stink in his vehicle.

If you don't like the maggot idea, get a bottle of "ten dead horse" coyote lure and put a couple drops in his vehicle air vents every few days.
He'd never get the stink out and would have to sell the vehicle. Problem solved.