Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2019, 02:25 PM

Default Whisper heat furnace opinions

I have an older whisper heat furnace that I'm thinking of putting in my garage, I generally just keep it on low so things don't freeze, however a fellow told me that because it has a damper it may break down and It wouldn't give of any heat,any advice would be appreciated thanks.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:25 PM

Those are my least favorite furnace due largely to that ridiculous damper door and it’s mechanics. Buy a new compact unit heater and don’t look back. A compact unit heater takes up very little space and it’s at the ceiling rather than the floor, don’t waste valuable shop floor space for a used furnace that’s probably oversized anyways. That’s a common temptation trap for many.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Those are my least favorite furnace due largely to that ridiculous damper door and it’s mechanics. Buy a new compact unit heater and don’t look back. A compact unit heater takes up very little space and it’s at the ceiling rather than the floor, don’t waste valuable shop floor space for a used furnace that’s probably oversized anyways. That’s a common temptation trap for many.
A bout how much do they weigh?and does the ceiling have to be drywalled?I just have insulation and polly now. Thanks
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:22 PM

They’re only about 40-50 lbs if that. It’s best to put up some drywall above it first before suspending it, even if it’s the only sheet hung in the garage.