Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
I'm sorry to disagree but I don't see the connection. In this day and age gun control doesn't lead to tyranny and mass murder. You can always vote in a government to reverse it. It's the beauty of democracy...... 3 more years of NDP then boot.
Ok, what has this to do with the discussion you want to initiate?

We are mandated by federal legislation.

You are a troll.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:14 PM

One thing that give antis an advantage is a lack of skin in the game. There is no reason for the antis to back down from the fight but gun owners can only go so far in not complying.

If they decide to prohibit ARs what options do we have? There is vocal protest but if those with registered ARs risk jail or the loss of all of their firearms if they try to resist. The fact that firearm owners are comprised of a large majority of lawful citizens there is a reduced risk of a heated armed standoff or withholding of prohibited property.

We are in a clear cut case of bullying and extortion, we are forced into a corner where they know we won't risk a criminal conviction fighting back. The scary question is when do they cross the line and some individuals say enough and risk the conviction for their rights.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
Ok, what has this to do with the discussion you want to initiate?

We are mandated by federal legislation.

You are a troll.
You see what that was there is an example of a government that nobody is happy with and how in 3 years an election comes around and you can vote them out. Rather than slide down the rabbit hole to tyranny and mass murder. I'm sorry you could not follow it.

There's no Nazi party hiding around the corner here guys. If you want to educate people and bring them around to our way of life please don't use this as your argument to do so. No sane person. I've ever met is going to buy into it.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:16 PM
Banned

Default go fish

Quote:
You see what that was there is an example of a government that nobody is happy with and how in 3 years an election comes around and you can vote them out. Rather than slide down the rabbit hole to tyranny and mass murder. I'm sorry you could not follow it.

There's no Nazi party hiding around the corner here guys. If you want to educate people and bring them around to our way of life please don't use this as your argument to do so. No sane person. I've ever met is going to buy into it.

go fish
Old 02-05-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:

I didn't think that any sane person would vote for either the provincial or federal government that are now in power, but we all know how that turned out.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I didn't think that any sane person would vote for either the provincial or federal government that are now in power, but we all know how that turned out.
you and me both!! I'm still looking for somebody that voted NDP. Haven't found one yet lol.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Banned

I wonder what this information is doing for firearms business's right now
Most enthusiasts pay attention to what's going on
I was saving to buy a kriss in 9mm before I heard this news and it brought my next purchase to a halt.
Can't be good for business
Old 02-06-2016, 02:02 AM

Quote:
This should be a reality check for the gullible people that didn't want to accept the fact that the Liberals and the RCMP want to take our firearms.

x2. For Liberal supporters, the only thing more exciting than taking a million selfies would be taking a million firearms from law-abiding citizens. Fear-mongering sells papers and gets people elected, unfortunately.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I wonder what this information is doing for firearms business's right now
Most enthusiasts pay attention to what's going on
I was saving to buy a kriss in 9mm before I heard this news and it brought my next purchase to a halt.
Can't be good for business
Buy it and stick to your guns. Don't forget to join one or more pro-gun groups as they'll help you keep it along with other benefits.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:44 PM

Why not band together and fight this in court. If enough gun owners stood united and make enough noise, we may have a chance. At the very least it is better than complaining and not at least putting up a fight.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Banned

Default If life was simple.

I understand and appreciate your post.

Thank you for participating.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:00 PM

Exclamation Gun registry is not dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRange View Post
This would need to be voluntary I imagine. Lots of semi's are non restricted and since the gun registry is gone it's almost impossible for the RCMP to track down and collect them. Sounds like the Liberals are trying to appease citidiots again.
That's not true for anyone who uses a PAL for purchasing, which is nearly everybody. Cabela's for example, records the PAL with the Firearm serial. Their privacy dude says they don't keep records, except to prove that the Firearm was sold to someone who had a valid PAL. In order to do that they have to keep the PAL information with the serial number.

Any ole court order would have Cabela coughing up PAL information, and that of course leads directly to the firearm information and the purchaser. The gun registry is dead, but Cabela's and other companies are maintaining it through the 'back door'. Something the past Conservative government tried to stop, but did not because no penalties were imposed for violating the privacy of Canadians.

or...

Any ole change in the law would have Cabela handing over all firearms records.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:10 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren32 View Post
That is not what I have been told for non restricted. At Cabela's I bought a rifle a couple of weeks ago and told the guy that he should have me on file because I had bough several rifles from them. He told me they DO NOT retain the record (of who bought which rifle) because of the privacy act. He seemed knowledgeable and said he was ex-RCMP. Actually had a pretty good chat with the guy. Can anyone confirm?
This is directly from Cabela's "privacy officer"
----------------------------------------------------
Cabela’s Canada does not keep a ledger of retail firearm sales for non-restricted firearms which includes your person information such as your name or address. We do keep your PAL # associated with a non-restricted firearm purchase only to prove if challenged that we sold the firearm to an individual legally able to purchase the firearm with a non-expired PAL # at the time. These firearm records are not available to any outside agency with a court order and are not shared with the Canadian Firearm Center. As you are aware – CFC has no authority to mandate any recording or reporting to them of any non-restricted firearm sales records. As a valued customer at Cabela’s Canada we safe guard any sales record, firearms related or not, to the highest standards of security.
---------------------------------------------------------

First, the PAL # is kept with the serial number and information of the firearm.
The PAL # of course leads directly to YOU.
Secondly, court orders can get anything from anybody, even the PM office. So Cabela's is full of sh*t.
Thirdly, the liberals will create new laws that will mandate Cabela's to turn over the PAL # and firearm registration.

Lastly, the firearm act specifically states that no information needs to be recorded for non-restricted firarms:

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regula...38/page-1.html

By keeping your PAL# Cabelas is obviously trampling on your privacy rights, and is more worried about public perception in case of an event and not you, their customer. As long as people keep buying guns from Cabelas without complaint Cabelas will keep violating your rights. Let's be clear, there is NO law requiring them to keep your PAL#. All they have to do is verify it at the time of purchase. Cabelas is doing this voluntarily.

I just ordered 2 rifles, one is in the store now waiting for me to pick up. The other is on the way. But now that I have 'cleared' up any misconceptions, I am not picking either rifle up and am in search of more honest retailers.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last2shoot View Post
Cabela’s Canada does not keep a ledger of retail firearm sales for non-restricted firearms which includes your person information such as your name or address. We do keep your PAL # associated with a non-restricted firearm purchase only to prove if challenged that we sold the firearm to an individual legally able to purchase the firearm with a non-expired PAL # at the time. These firearm records are not available to any outside agency with a court order and are not shared with the Canadian Firearm Center. As you are aware – CFC has no authority to mandate any recording or reporting to them of any non-restricted firearm sales records. As a valued customer at Cabela’s Canada we safe guard any sales record, firearms related or not, to the highest standards of security.

Secondly, court orders can get anything from anybody, even the PM office. So Cabela's is full of sh*t.
Thirdly, the liberals will create new laws that will mandate Cabela's to turn over the PAL # and firearm registration.

Lastly, the firearm act specifically states that no information needs to be recorded for non-restricted firarms:

By keeping your PAL# Cabelas is obviously trampling on your privacy rights, and is more worried about public perception in case of an event and not you, their customer. As long as people keep buying guns from Cabelas without complaint Cabelas will keep violating your rights. Let's be clear, there is NO law requiring them to keep your PAL#. All they have to do is verify it at the time of purchase. Cabelas is doing this voluntarily.

I just ordered 2 rifles, one is in the store now waiting for me to pick up. The other is on the way. But now that I have 'cleared' up any misconceptions, I am not picking either rifle up and am in search of more honest retailers.
Regardless of the policy you quoted, I have bought a few rifles from Cabelas and the closest they came to recording any info from my PAL was checking a box that said PAL verified.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
He was shooting a H&K carbine with full auto capability, a gun no-one can buy and own here.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The HK91 is a SEMI auto ONLY, they cannot be turned into full auto without SIGNIFICANT modifications being made and the complete replacement of the FCG.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:38 PM

He was under a firearm prohibition order, fat lot of good it did. Cops went after the two stooges for helping him get an old shotgun that was not even used by him.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:

I have never purchased a firearm from Cabela's. and I have no plans to ever do so,
Old 02-13-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:

Cabela's and WSS both keep track by writing down the PAL number and serial number on an invoice somewhere, depending on the store the papers are locked away for a year then shredded or transferred. This is for legal policy reasons and only managers/supervisors know this and where this stuff goes. I will not buy from big companies because of this, that and I have been mistreated so much at both of the stores named it's stupid.

All it takes is for one man to misinterpret something and he can start a war that lasts for decades.
Anonymous
Old 02-13-2016, 02:59 PM

"The restricted and prohibited firearm provisions of Criminal Code regulations were last updated in 1995, and there are presently numerous models of military and paramilitary firearms on the Canadian market which are outside the scope of the Criminal Code regulations, many being non-restricted in classification," says the 15-page report.

Typical CBC drivel and all from the Liberal pocket pooch press...

Very paranoid and very misinformed too. Changes were made due to the gestapo like motives of the RCMP higher ups and the Liberal government from the time of the LGR. Not only have changes been made but only those that aren't law abiding will make these modifications, many of the firearms in question will simply come apart or have major troubles when modified.

This just proves how backward, uninformed and dictatorial our new government is. We as the people that supposedly voted them in no longer have a say in what happens with our rights.

All it takes is for one man to misinterpret something and he can start a war that lasts for decades.
Anonymous
Old 02-14-2016, 11:03 PM

The RCMP is the one who approves whether or not they can be imported or sold in Canada. Obviously their "experts" (that's a play on words) tested imported and domestic firearms and deemed them OK. So they are the ones who are creating their own problem but trying to blame firearm owners for illegally modifying that which the RCMP OK'd.
There are very few in this country who can posses true "assault rifles". The media is obviously too stupid and ignorant to know the difference. It's all a play for attention.
John 3:16
Firearms Owners are the difference between FREEDOM & TYRANNY!
Gun Control is Population Control

Last edited by 8x68S; 02-14-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:33 AM

Turdo wants Canada to have a seat at the security council and will pay any price to get it. He won't even flinch at throwing gun owners under the bus to achieve that end. RCMP will merrily go along with it to gain their monopoly on guns so don't forget to renew your membership and/or contribute to at least one pro-gun group.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
X2