Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-28-2022, 12:39 AM

Default A Valid Reason to Promote Gun Ownership and Competency

The recent developments in the Ukraine and Eastern Europe is an eye opening moment for Governments of the EU, and North America.

Facing an Army of 1 Million Russians, Ukraine is now mobilising Civil Defence Units to bolster their Armed Services and to defend their Country.

This is nothing new for Switzerland, where mandatory reserve service is required of all adult Swiss Citizens who are not elderly.

Being partially of Swiss heritage, the old timers would probably outshine the youngsters over there.

This is something new for alot of dis armed EU States who got onto the Public Safety bandwagon that is being pushed by the United Nations to disarm their Citizens.

Unfortunately, WHY is the UN is not stepping in to protect Ukraine??? Is that because the Russians have a Veto in the Security Council? Is it because the UN is a toothless organisation run by 3rd world Dictatorships?

Now Ukrainians are even allowed to use their own Hunting Rifles in the defence of their Country. That is because there are not enough Army Rifles or ammunition for Ukrainians.

If Armed Conflict from a numerically superior force came to Canada's shores, how long would our 40,000 Soldiers be able to hold off an attack? How soon would average Citizens be asked to form Civil Defence Units? If so, what would we use? Peace Flags?

There is a valid reason for firearms ownership beyond hunting and shooting sports. However, Canada has not had the real world experience to justify Civil self defence.

At least not yet.

Lets hope it always stays this way, but out Politicians should see the merit in Canadian firearms ownership in our modern World where Super Powers may disregard diplomacy.

Drewski
Old 01-28-2022, 04:15 AM

Canada's pathetic response is to not send weapons or ammunition, it's to send "trainers". I bet Putin is shatting his pants right now.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:31 AM

Start buying tennis balls.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Unfortunately, WHY is the UN is not stepping in to protect Ukraine??? Is that because the Russians have a Veto in the Security Council? Is it because the UN is a toothless organization run by 3rd world Dictatorships?
In theory, the UN started out as a noble idea. In reality, the UN has been a cesspool of corruption for 40+ years. At its core, it exists to facilitate wealth transfer, protect criminals, and enrich its sitting members; not to protect member states from wealthier member states.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UN is silent.jpg (21.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg UNHRC appoints Sudanese President Omar Al-Bashir.jpg (79.5 KB, 39 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 01-28-2022, 11:12 AM

If the horn of Helm's Deep is being blown, my allegiance starts with my family and ends with my community.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
In theory, the UN started out as a noble idea. In reality, the UN has been a cesspool of corruption for 40+ years. At its core, it exists to facilitate wealth transfer, protect criminals, and enrich its sitting members; not to protect member states from wealthier member states.
Sad but true.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoteStopper View Post
If the horn of Helm's Deep is being blown, my allegiance starts with my family and ends with my community.
Couldn't agree with you more.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
Start buying tennis balls.
OK, now that was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoteStopper View Post
Yes! Well said.