Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_dave View Post
Some people are just jerks and think they own the block.
Got one like that acros the street from us, he has a big cube van that is parked out on the street, a 32' motorhome that is also parked on the street, his wife's car parked infront of the neighbours, his daughter in front of our house, his brother (a scary looking biker) infront of the other neighbours house, and a car in the garage.

my one neighbour did call bylaw about the motor home, but he has that parked in the backyard now. This guy has no courtesy and only thinks about him self , not his neighbours. I know the streets ar public , but atleast be courtius to your neighbour.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumtan View Post
If you want to get back at someone with a hot tub....try sneaking a packet of green kool-aid in........or try purple......its always a crowd pleaser.
Right idea - wrong product. Sneak in some of the concentrated food colouring - they jump in fleshy pink and come out blue.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM

A couple of years back, I had a neighbour directly across the street, that, despite having a driveway large enough to easily park two buses in, insisted on parking on the street directly in front of his house. He was so obsessed with this, that on occasion, if he arrived home when someone else had just pulled up in front of his house, he would confront and yell at them until they moved.

So, there was something I did on a couple of occasions, but this once was a good example. I had a friend come over to visit, and when I saw that my neighbour was away at the moment, I insisted that she park in front of his house, and she did. We were up until quite late, around, 1am, and I saw through my front window that he had parked in his driveway, and ostensibly gone to bed, as all his curtains were drawn and the lights all extinguished. I asked my friend for her keys, and told her to watch out the window for the next few minutes. I got in her car and pulled away (drove around the block and parked just down from my house). Sure enough, about 30 seconds after I drove away, the lights came on in my neighbour's house, he can beetling outside in his jammies and slippers, hopped in his car, pulled out of the driveway, and repositioned his car on the street, directly in front of his house.

I did this a few times over the years...always amused me how obsessed he was over that spot.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
If you want to get back at someone with a hot tub....try sneaking a packet of green kool-aid in........or try purple......its always a crowd pleaser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Chaser View Post
Right idea - wrong product. Sneak in some of the concentrated food colouring - they jump in fleshy pink and come out blue.
LOL I will try to remember that.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mm08 View Post
A 220 Conibear trap goes hand in hand with a can of tuna for solving cat problems...so I hear. My arguement is, "what would you do if my pet was crapping in your yard?" ...or what if I crapped in your yard?

Culprit would be caught and have there nose rubbed in it.

Our Neighbours are good no problems. I think the blood on my tailgate from hunting scares them a little.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin455 View Post
Hey Score. You can get motion activated sprinklers that keep pets out of the yard. If that doesn't work a can of tuna(distraction) and a squirtgun full of skunk or doe in hear urine will do the trick.
Thanks. I've tried lots of things but soon as they hear the door open they are gone in a flash. I can't get close to them. I think maybe if it gets a mouse trap on it's face it may help but I kind of doubt it. I have used rocks for mulch and they don't like to go there as much. It's mostly the spraying now and that stuff stains and stinks. Tried to whack em with a soft air gun, but kept missing. I don't know. Maybe they'll move or a coyote will get them one day. We live on the outskirts, but I still can't shoot here. STUPID NEIGHBORS!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helluvahunter View Post
Culprit would be caught and have there nose rubbed in it.

Our Neighbours are good no problems. I think the blood on my tailgate from hunting scares them a little.
All 3 of them??
Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mm08 View Post
A 220 Conibear trap goes hand in hand with a can of tuna for solving cat problems...so I hear. My arguement is, "what would you do if my pet was crapping in your yard?" ...or what if I crapped in your yard?
Yeah, other neighbors are po'd too. Maybe I'll collect the crap and go dump it on his door step with a note saying; "I think this belongs to you".
Old 10-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
Thanks. I've tried lots of things but soon as they hear the door open they are gone in a flash. I can't get close to them. I think maybe if it gets a mouse trap on it's face it may help but I kind of doubt it. I have used rocks for mulch and they don't like to go there as much. It's mostly the spraying now and that stuff stains and stinks. Tried to whack em with a soft air gun, but kept missing. I don't know. Maybe they'll move or a coyote will get them one day. We live on the outskirts, but I still can't shoot here. STUPID NEIGHBORS!!!
put pine cones in your flower beds... problem solved.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Chaser View Post
How about a bottle of dishwashing soap?
Old 10-12-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
put pine cones in your flower beds... problem solved.
Thanks hal. I'm open to all suggestions.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
Yeah, other neighbors are po'd too. Maybe I'll collect the crap and go dump it on his door step with a note saying; "I think this belongs to you".
Reminds me of a job I was on a few years back. The neighbor lady would just be leaving with her dust mop of a dog each morning, and a steaming pile of turd would be left behind. I guess because it was a muddy construction site, she didn't see an issue with dog crap being left behind in the dirt. I didn't see it that way.

I caught her in the act the next AM, and politely reminded her that it was now an active construction site, and safety issues aside, I didn't like dodging mutt grenades with an armload of lumber. She smiled and said 'oh ok', like she understood the concept.

Next morning, I didn't see her walking, so I thought I had made a breakthrough, but then I spotted the steaming turd. Bitch just adjusted her schedule so as to avoid being caught!

I pulled an empty nail box out of the garbage bin and filled it with every turd I could find, some weren't her dogs, but most of em were. I then placed the box on her front porch, with 'I don't bring my dogs to your office to chit, please return the courtesy' written in black marker on the box. I then finished the job on a turd free site.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:41 PM

my neighbour just planted a large apple tree RIGHT ON THE PROPERTY LINE... the tree well is only 2 ft wide, and the edge is on my property line... This is a canopy style apple which will grow large.

I told him it wasn't a good idea as I had already planted my apple 5ft off the line, and it would 'bush up' in the next 3-5 years.

Obviously he ignored this, so I will be buying some nice pruning equitment to help him with his decisions
Old 10-12-2012, 10:05 PM

I have great neighbors on either side of me. The tard across the street? Well, that's a whole different ball of wax. Here's a quote from a thread a while back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Well, I've had enough.

Across from me are a number of rental apartments. This guy lets his cat come and do it's business on a daily basis in my yard. He's gone so far as to enter my back yard to collect his cat, and leave my gate open allowing my dog to get out.

I've spoken to him several times, and he doesn't see my problem.

So saw the cat today, and it ran under the deck. SO I took the hose to it and soaked it good, then chased it out of my yard in full view of the guy.

Currently the cat is up a tree across the street and won't come down. Looks like the guy has an evening of waiting on his hands.

I'll see if I can get a pic to post up.

Note:
I did not harm the animal. Just soaked it.
I warned this guy probably 4 times now.
My sympathy is shot as I've tried all other methods of dealing with this guy. It really made me mad when he entered my backyard and left the gate open, causing me to get a phone call about my dog running around. Thankfully Duke has my cell # on his collar.

Just sick and tired of the *&*&^ cat on my property!! ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Just got done talking to the next door neighbour.

When the cat jumped my fence, his dog (chained in the front yard) went after it and broke the chain, and tree'd the cat.

Fire Dept just left and peace has been restored! Some of the neighbourhood kids got to see inside the fire truck, so I don't think those cats will be left out anytime soon.

Now, even though I was in the right, I have a feeling there will be reprisals. Maybe had better phone bylaw and explain the situation I think....

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=66369

Click on the link to read more hilarity. Really wish the mods didn't close that thread....
Old 10-12-2012, 10:15 PM

People actually call the fire dept for cats in trees? I thought that was only in movies. That's hilarious lol. Kind of a waste of resources and money, but still funny.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
People actually call the fire dept for cats in trees? I thought that was only in movies. That's hilarious lol. Kind of a waste of resources and money, but still funny.
Read the whole thread.... that was discussed
Old 10-13-2012, 12:22 AM

There isn't a person on AO forum who has the patience to read my full rant on my stupid neighbors!!!!!!!!! My cul-de-sac is full of desperate housewives and alpha loosers!!!

STUPID??? I'd take that upgrade any day!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:

Don't you mean yellow kool-aid?

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 10-13-2012, 05:57 AM

We used to have a neighbor that was getting on in years and she would complain about any noise at all. One day while my wife was working in the garden with a portable radio she came over and walked right into the backyard while tapping a butcher knife in her hand and told my wife that if she didn't turn off the music she have to do something about it. Scared the bejesus out the wife.

On other occasions if we had guests she would call the police several times a night to come and ask us to keep it down. The fuzz never could find us too noisy so one evening when she called they came and found nothing too noisy so they hung around until her second call and then went straight to her door and warned her that if she called unnecessarily again they would charge her.

That same summer while my wife was watering the garden she spotted the neighbor lady peeking through the fence, so she sprayed the fence down (to wash off the dust, you know). Needless to say there was a loud screech on the other side of the fence.

The odd part is that the lady would bring Christmas treats to the door every year and two years after we moved we ran into her and her husband while shopping and she couldn't tell us enough about how much they missed us as neighbors! I guess some folks just have odd ways of relating!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:40 AM

What was that old addage...
"tall fences make for good neighbours"
or something like that
Old 10-13-2012, 06:46 AM

I have a run in with my neighbor every time i cut the grass. We have 1.5 acre parcels. I do have to admitt my riding mower is ugly, and although it has a huge muffler on it, i think the baffles are long blown out of it.

Anyways, he usually waits til i'm about half ways done mowing the lawn and then i see him like clock work heading over with 2 cold beers in his hand. So i shut down ol barky...yes sometimes it backfires. And we have a beer, then when he notices i'm about half way done my beer, he phones his house and tells his son to bring over 2 more. Well his son is pretty lazy and thinks he can save a trip or two walking decides to bring a six pack. Then his wife comes home and notices him over at my place and figures since its such a hot day to bring a bucket of beer over on ice. At this point its getting overboard, but think it would probably be rude of me to turn down a generous offer. So after that bucket on that day in question, get thinking my only chore for the day was to get the lawn mowed decide its my 6 yr olds time to learn how to drive a riding mower. So i get him started on it and 2 tomato, 1 potted plant, and a gravel walkway later, i come to the conclusion that might not of been a very good idea.

So as we sit at the front of the yard we hear my wife pull up in the back....at that point my neighbor says he's full and sneaks back into his yard. It took a whole 3.5 seconds for my wife to come unglued...in which i just put up my hands in confusion and said...."DAMN NEIGHBORS"
Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmag View Post
I have a run in with my neighbor every time i cut the grass. We have 1.5 acre parcels. I do have to admitt my riding mower is ugly, and although it has a huge muffler on it, i think the baffles are long blown out of it.

Anyways, he usually waits til i'm about half ways done mowing the lawn and then i see him like clock work heading over with 2 cold beers in his hand. So i shut down ol barky...yes sometimes it backfires. And we have a beer, then when he notices i'm about half way done my beer, he phones his house and tells his son to bring over 2 more. Well his son is pretty lazy and thinks he can save a trip or two walking decides to bring a six pack. Then his wife comes home and notices him over at my place and figures since its such a hot day to bring a bucket of beer over on ice. At this point its getting overboard, but think it would probably be rude of me to turn down a generous offer. So after that bucket on that day in question, get thinking my only chore for the day was to get the lawn mowed decide its my 6 yr olds time to learn how to drive a riding mower. So i get him started on it and 2 tomato, 1 potted plant, and a gravel walkway later, i come to the conclusion that might not of been a very good idea.

So as we sit at the front of the yard we hear my wife pull up in the back....at that point my neighbor says he's full and sneaks back into his yard. It took a whole 3.5 seconds for my wife to come unglued...in which i just put up my hands in confusion and said...."DAMN NEIGHBORS"
Sons of Bitches!!!!

My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Desert_Faux". These posts are for informational and entertainment use only. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.