Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 09-16-2013, 11:02 AM

Default oldman

Was at the oldman yesterday and caught a bunch of cuts. Some really nice ones in the 16" plus range on both the fly rod and spinner. In one hole I had a 9"-10" cut grab my spinner right at the bank and when I lifted it out of the water a monster bull breached the surface mouth wide open trying to take my cut. Easy 24" probably more. Then when I realeased the cut the bull chased it into the shallows and chomped him up. Incredible first time I've seen a bull take another fish and got to see him so close. Made my day. I wish I could have caught him and gotten pictures but he was well fed after that.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:22 AM

It is definitely pretty cool to see! We've had that happen a couple times now, we actually did get some pictures of this happening. Check out the thread before, my uncle, dad and i were fishing and the same thing happened. Great to hear you had a good day on the oldman.

http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=64079
Old 09-17-2013, 10:47 PM

Sort of had the same thing happen last time I was out! Caught a smaller cut about 12" and took my fly down when a bigger cut around 17" started chasing him around. Not sure if he was trying to eat it or just checking things out but defiantly was cool to see!

Last edited by Chief16; 09-17-2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: misspelt a word. changed but to cut