Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2020, 12:58 PM

Default What happens when Google deletes something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
I am working through this video. Lots to digest.

I don't understand how Google works but I'm sure someone here can help me on that. If Google deletes some of its search results, how does this prevent access to the material through other search engines? What I am trying to say is that if Harper had a website and Google stopped listing it, wouldn't the other search engines still link to it?
Old 02-25-2020, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk270 View Post
I am working through this video. Lots to digest.

I don't understand how Google works but I'm sure someone here can help me on that. If Google deletes some of its search results, how does this prevent access to the material through other search engines?
How many people search other search engines?

This reminds me of when my son tells me his truck s harder on gas than mine because he can only get 450km to a tank of fuel and I get 600km to a tank. I try to tell him he only has an 80L tank and mine is 96L. He still thinks a full tank is a full tank.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
How many people search other search engines?

This reminds me of when my son tells me his truck s harder on gas than mine because he can only get 450km to a tank of fuel and I get 600km to a tank. I try to tell him he only has an 80L tank and mine is 96L. He still thinks a full tank is a full tank.
Breaking off from the video for a moment, I have to ask how is this related to my question about Google? Sure, 85% of the searches are done through Google but that doesn't mean that the other search engines aren't easily available. BTW I don't use Bing even though that was the apparent default when I bought a new computer a few months ago but I have to assume that more people will. I use DuckDuckGo and Google.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:21 PM
Banned

What I’m saying is, if you’re not willing to see the bad in someone or something, you’re not going to see it. Like a mother’s love for their child can sometimes blind her from seeing her child doing anything wrong.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:37 PM

I understand now what you are saying Kurt. However, I'm still trying to understand why the Google thing is so important.

The message I got from the video is that people and organizations that want to influence Justin give money to the Foundation that honours his father. In turn, he pushes a government agenda that favours the donors. The government also tries to pass laws that favour those who vote the right way. There is no evidence, or even the assertion as far as I can tell, that the Trudeau Foundation itself is an actor in these areas.

This just sounds like government as usual in Canada, no matter which party is in power.

I think that the emphasis on the Trudeau Foundation is a bit of a red herring in that it distracts us from concentrating on Justin's ethical lapses, lack of transparency, hypocrisy, and the rest of the long list.

Anyway, thanks very much to those who have kept trying to answer my questions. I've learned a lot over the last few hours. I'm not sure the situation is worse than I thought it was, but it sure isn't any better.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
I understand now what you are saying Kurt. However, I'm still trying to understand why the Google thing is so important.

The message I got from the video is that people and organizations that want to influence Justin give money to the Foundation that honours his father. In turn, he pushes a government agenda that favours the donors. The government also tries to pass laws that favour those who vote the right way. There is no evidence, or even the assertion as far as I can tell, that the Trudeau Foundation itself is an actor in these areas.

This just sounds like government as usual in Canada, no matter which party is in power.

I think that the emphasis on the Trudeau Foundation is a bit of a red herring in that it distracts us from concentrating on Justin's ethical lapses, lack of transparency, hypocrisy, and the rest of the long list.

Anyway, thanks very much to those who have kept trying to answer my questions. I've learned a lot over the last few hours. I'm not sure the situation is worse than I thought it was, but it sure isn't any better.
I think the emphasis on google is advertising. Like the saying goes, there’s no such thing as bad press, so when you aren’t getting any press, it’s bad news.... maybe?
Old 02-25-2020, 01:52 PM

I'm not sure that Scheer was the leader that could have got us through some of the mess we're currently in but Justin is proving daily that he's not the one. I don't think separation of Alberta and Saskatchewan from the rest of Canada is a viable alternative. I'm not sure where we can go otherwise, however. Keep living and keep learning or whatever that saying is.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure that Scheer was the leader that could have got us through some of the mess we're currently in but Justin is proving daily that he's not the one. I don't think separation of Alberta and Saskatchewan from the rest of Canada is a viable alternative. I'm not sure where we can go otherwise, however. Keep living and keep learning or whatever that saying is.
A lot of the issues we are facing right now are a big part of the liberals policies, squandering of our tax dollars, a lack of addressing issues when they arise, and more focus on trying to appeal to the UN

Sheer was nothing really impressive but I would place bets that he would have put more focus on improving Canada’s economy and less time giving away our tax dollars to improve other countries economy. We also would see less BS like a carbon tax on Canadians who’s emissions are a mere 2%

I would have gladly taken Sheer over Trudeau but a kindergartner that eats paste would be an improvement over Trudeau
Old 02-25-2020, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post

I would have gladly taken Sheer over Trudeau but a kindergartner that eats crayons and licks windows would be an improvement over Trudeau

I fixed it for you.....

No wait, I just described trudeau
Old 02-29-2020, 09:07 AM
Banned

I was just going thru my "saved" video's on FB and watched this video Michelle Rempel put out. You can see how flabbergasted she is over the decision. I looked through this thread to see if this video was already posted, didn't see anything. It's 6:06 mins.
https://www.facebook.com/michellerem...7721732488360/