Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-14-2017, 12:59 PM

Default Alarm Monitoring - Calgary

Gang,

Just learned that our alarm technician is getting out of the residential alarm industry (focusing on commercial) and therefore we need to change monitoring companies. Currently with LanVac out of Ontario and pay $25 a month and have been happy with the monitoring but since he will be cancelling his contract with them, we need to go with someone else...

Can anyone recommend another company (for monitoring only). Would prefer responses from people in similar situation if possible ( i/e we had an independent installer vs. one stop shop, because we went with a hard wired system and so we could choose who would monitor vs. having to go with who installed the system). So if possible let us know why you went with the monitoring company you are with (if other then came with the package), or dropped a particular company for any (minor/major) issues you experienced, i.e., delayed response time, how they deal with false alarms,etc. Also, how much do you pay and hat do you get? By the by, I am aware of the new city bylaws, as well. Also, we would prefer local (Canadian vs. U S or overseas monitoring, if that is possible)...

Thanks,

Peter

-Confucius
Old 05-14-2017, 01:15 PM
Banned

Default Absolutely the best !

Secure tek out of Yorkton ....

Local company install One stop security
Paul or Carol 403-291 - 4804

Everyone in my familly uses this company ..
Old 05-14-2017, 03:23 PM

Any cost info or rationale? Why does every in your family use them? Exceptional service? Cost? Are they related to you? Please provide specifics.

-Confucius
Old 05-14-2017, 07:52 PM

I find alarm response to be a waste. 17 break ins in 15 years and never once on site in less than 20 minutes. That coupled with regs that prevent the "guard" from doing anything but calling the police, make them next to useless.
I would recommend doing your own alarm response. I know I am faster and more motivated than any "guard". I have cameras on a live feed that I use to determine whether entry has been made after an alarm and decide whether to call the popo or not.