Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-08-2020, 08:43 PM

Default CZ Over unders

Any of you shooting CZ over unders? I need a new shotgun (thinking 20 gauge). Have an IGA and wouldn’t buy another. Can’t afford a Benelli or anything fancy.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:47 PM

CZ/Huglu, are decent shotguns that will last a lifetime of hunting, although I would probably be looking elsewhere for a high volume clays gun.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:20 PM

I have a CZ Redhead Deluxe 20ga O/U, very nice gun. Shoulders easy, very little recoil, I love shooting it ( skeet and chickens ).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200808_210127_resized.jpg (11.3 KB, 59 views)
Old 08-08-2020, 11:41 PM

If you are going to buy a Turkish gun take a look at Churchill. They are a step up from Huglu which is where the new CZ shotguns are built. In fact CZ had Churchill build the CZ all American trap combo.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:22 PM

Much obliged. I’ll check out Churchill as well.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:06 PM

I had a cz mallard in 12. It was ok; the wood was nice and had a wide variety of chokes to choose from but i ended up selling it and buying a pair of Ithaca’s - 500 12g, and 600 20g.

I love them; they don’t have screw in chokes, but they have so much better attention to detail. Better wood, great engraving.
Old 08-15-2020, 10:18 AM

I do not own A CZ OU but have shot one. I do not recall the model but it had two triggers in that you had to slide your trigger finger from one trigger to the other to fire both barrels. It took numerous attempts to get this down. For me this was no better than a single shot. But the owner had this down but it would take a lot of practice to get use to this "trigger slide" to fire it. This particular model could not fire both barrels using one of the 2 triggers it had to fired as described above.
Old 08-15-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyr Luxus View Post
I do not own A CZ OU but have shot one. I do not recall the model but it had two triggers in that you had to slide your trigger finger from one trigger to the other to fire both barrels. It took numerous attempts to get this down. For me this was no better than a single shot. But the owner had this down but it would take a lot of practice to get use to this "trigger slide" to fire it. This particular model could not fire both barrels using one of the 2 triggers it had to fired as described above.
My upland shotguns are all English stocked with two triggers, and it isn't an issue at all for anyone with normal coordination and dexterity. By the time I shot one round of doubles skeet, it was second nature . And two triggers does offer the instant choice of two chokes, with no fiddling with selectors, and risking the selector not fully going into place, and the gun not firing. I find that the auto safeties on some shotguns cause more issues for most people than two triggers.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 08-15-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:02 PM

I never had a problem switching between triggers. It took a couple sporting clay stations and that was it.