Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-23-2018, 12:01 PM

Default Norinco NS522

Hi everybody, i was just wondering if any of you out there have a Norinco NS522 and what your thoughts on it is? I'm looking for a rimfire plinker, and this caught my eye. I've heard good reports on accuracy, but bad reports on the stock. Does it hit a nice price point and are they fairly easy to find here? Your thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2018, 09:54 PM

Super accurate, stock is ugly, but functional on the bench. Barrel hammered finish is fantastic. Extraction on mine is very weak and sometimes have to fish out casings with my fingers. Action is rough, but trigger is ok. Not light, but decently crisp. I’m regularly able to shoot 0.5” 10 round groups at 50m with RWS Club. Great value for the money.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:11 PM

I bought a pair of them when they were being sold along with a case of ammo on a blowout sale. the factory stocks are some kind of soft spongy wood and had a dark stain applied under some kind of semi gloss finish. not really appealing in any case, and didn't help the accuracy potential of the rifle. I managed to find a pair of European walnut stocks for mine, they were oversupply units from somewhere down south when some company was bringing in barreled actions from China. it is a classic style stock, no raised cheekrest. anyway both rifles shoot about the same, about a 3/4" group at 50 yards with bulk type ammo, and they can usually hold less than 1/2" with target type standard velocity ammo, and a bit less than that with the high dollar Eley match stuff. I was expecting better, given what some people were posting on the internet about the superb accuracy of these rifles. I guess the rifle never lived up to the hype, at least for me.