Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-13-2018, 07:09 PM

Time to schedule a trail ride though the back yards of the city.
Breaking fences and crapping in flower beds as we go.
We'll bring some women and children so we can feel safe shaming the people who complain.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:12 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchief View Post
I would be mad too! and to those who say it's ok, I'm sure there would be a different response if they were on atv's... either way they have no business being there and if they did cut locks or barbed wire, they should be charged
Yup, if said what is true, posted, locked gates etc then tresspassing is trespassing and to anyone who don't think so imagine a bunch of people jumping your back yard fence just to go for a stroll around your little town lot....oh I know you would smile and so "howdy neighbour"....ya right.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-13-2018, 07:51 PM

Looks like a trail ride. Look for paying trail ride groups around there.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
A few kids riding on a road ? Better than spending their day playing video games. Unless they trailered those horses, they're locals, might be in your interest to get out and meet a few of them. If you don't live there, better they don't have a hate on for you.

Grizz
Not to mention have a consrant security service out there watching your land and cabin.... for free. Its amazing what happens whe. you socialize abd allow some access.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:32 PM

I think it would be obvious, but put cams up at the access points to try and grab a plate.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:01 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
A few kids riding on a road ? Better than spending their day playing video games. Unless they trailered those horses, they're locals, might be in your interest to get out and meet a few of them. If you don't live there, better they don't have a hate on for you.

Grizz
Not to mention have a constant security service out there watching your land and cabin.... for free. Its amazing what happens whe. you socialize and allow some access.

My God, they look like a real band of desperados. I 3rd the idea of maybe go meet some of the locals and neighbours. Watch out for Granny, she looks mighty dangerous. And those kids in the helmets ... maybe in a gang.
Where I live we don't freak out if neighbours ride across our lands. Something about the Code of the West.

Puma

Last edited by Puma; 08-13-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:36 AM

it is only going to get worse as people have no where to go. When I grew up in the crowsnest pass during the fifties and sixties as a kid we went everywhere in the valley. I only got in trouble if mom thought we were chasing pack rats in old mine shafts. Now you go there it is all private land or nature conservatory land and there is limited places for even a kid to go.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:00 AM

Maybe I’m just different but I grew up NE of Edmonton snowmobiling wherever we wanted across god knows who’s field to buddies place and to town for fuel. Same with the horses in the summer, and it was never an issue. Hell! Everyone still does that. I get it this is a little different being posted land and fenced and gated and all but from the sound of most on here I should have been drawn and quartered a long time ago.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:42 AM

Default Land access

I see people from town thinking it is wide open country with space for everyone untill they buy or lease a piece of land, then gates go up with all kinds of
NO TRESPASSING, KEEP OUT, PRIVATE, NO HUNTING signs.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Yup, if said what is true, posted, locked gates etc then trespassing is trespassing and to anyone who don't think so imagine a bunch of people jumping your back yard fence just to go for a stroll around your little town lot....oh I know you would smile and so "howdy neighbour"....ya right.
Reading some of the comments you can understand why trespassing is becoming such a problem. People believe they can go where ever they want because "they are not hurting anyone". They have no respect what so ever for another persons property and then they pass this disrespect on to their kids and on and on it goes.

And for those suggesting these people don't look like thugs so its ok to just go trespassing any where you like are usually people who have the same disrespect for other peoples property..........they just don't get it.

Years ago things were different.........people were different. They respected other people and their property..........now to many losers who respect nothing.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingAlberta View Post
Anyone recognize any of these people?

To answer all of the typical questions that come up with a thread like this.
1) They are trespassing on private land, yes it is posted.
2) They don't have permission to be where they are.
3) The locks on the gates were removed (not sure if it was this group or not).
4) This is the fifth group of trespassers so far this year, so it's old and it is not even hunting season yet.

Any help identifying them so i can find out what they were doing and how they got there would be great.

Thank you.
Lets collect some funds for HuntingAlberta new gate, I have an auger we can use to cement a post in the ground, so people can then respect someones property, then maybe things will then be better for Hunting Alberta
Old 08-14-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
So true well put
The biggest problems I have ever had with trespassers have been locals, natives and neighbors. They just assume they can go wherever they want because they live there. City folks and those new to the area have always asked for permission. This constant rant against City people masques who the real problem are.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:16 AM

May have been asked already, but with the power pole on property they were riding on could be a road allowance. If so land belongs to county and road allowance is public land even if adjacent landowner decided to fence it.
Probably would explain why a dangerous couple of grandparents with grand kids would use it for access to their favorite riding area.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
The biggest problems I have ever had with trespassers have been locals, natives and neighbors. They just assume they can go wherever they want because they live there. City folks and those new to the area have always asked for permission. This constant rant against City people masques who the real problem are.
Yep...always the "city peoples'" fault.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
All kinds of people trespass old young as we can see not sure what point you are trying to make
Old 08-14-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
May have been asked already, but with the power pole on property they were riding on could be a road allowance. If so land belongs to county and road allowance is public land even if adjacent landowner decided to fence it.
Probably would explain why a dangerous couple of grandparents with grand kids would use it for access to their favorite riding area.
Now you're being silly...the issue is trespassing, not "dangerous" grandparents. Chiding a legal landowner for being concerned about trespassers, regardless of age or activity is plain wrong. What you do on your land and who you choose to allow and in what circumstances is up to you.

That said, your road allowance/utiity ROW question is valid.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
All kinds of people trespass old young as we can see not sure what point you are trying to make
He was simply responding to the other posts blaming city people.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:38 AM

the orange guard around the power pole make it look like an access road to an oil / gas well site?
Old 08-14-2018, 10:46 AM

to all that think it is not a big deal to trespass take a drive around where you live and have a look at all the land being posted. I travel from west of Red Deer every day and all the new signs I have seen put up this year is crazy. And there will be a lot more posted if people don't change there way of thinking when it comes to posted land
Old 08-14-2018, 11:07 AM

As for the last couple posts regarding the power pole, this is private land and private power being put into the cabin. It is not a public utility or right of way.

Thanks all for the comments, suggestions and help.

I'll keep the cameras up and keep charging the trespassers on the private land as i see fit. The hunting season is coming up quickly and i suspect the same guys that don't think trespassing is a big deal will be added to the list of people charged in Alberta this year due to their disrespect and ignorance.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:16 AM

I'm just glad your not my neighbor, I know people like you though. D.H.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:23 AM

possibly county/contract weed inspectors? utility row inspectors of some sort?
Old 08-14-2018, 11:23 AM

Why is that David Henry?

I know my neighbours and let most of my neighbours onto my land any time they ask. I also have neighbours who i've caught cutting locks and fences down and poaching animals on my property who have been charged.

A neighbour is only as good as a neighbour wants to be.

Strangers, and random people who go through private property without permission are not the same as neighbours. It is not my problem that people throughout this post just assume i'm trying to charge neighbours who are riding horses, these are not neighbours and someone is obviously running a business of trail riding while illegally operating on someone elses land. That's a real problem. Not many businesses would be happy if they found out their employees were trespassing, breaking and entering, etc.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:32 PM

Haha what a dog and phony show this has turn out to be .Thanks for the entertainment
Old 08-14-2018, 01:39 PM

Seems like a case of a tour guide blatantly accessing your land. Are there any outfits near your land? Maybe check their websites and see if you can recognize the guide or call pretending to be a customer and ask where they would take you? Then maybe you can determine who it is?

It sucks that people do this kind of thing. I understand that "accidents" happen and people get lost or don't know exactly where they are but removing locks and clearly trespassing on private property is just plain disrespectful (and illegal). I hope that you figure this out.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 08-14-2018, 01:47 PM

Something just not right, English saddles on a trail ride in Alberta?
Isn't that a bookable offense as well.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
to all that think it is not a big deal to trespass take a drive around where you live and have a look at all the land being posted. I travel from west of Red Deer every day and all the new signs I have seen put up this year is crazy. And there will be a lot more posted if people don't change there way of thinking when it comes to posted land
Let them post it it's there land what's the big deal go somewhere else.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post
Let them post it it's there land what's the big deal go somewhere else.
no big deal to me because I have land to hunt on it is the people that don't have land that ask to hunt and get turned away because of the trespassers . this will hurt all hunters in the end but hay there is people that think its ok to trespass and I think you could me one of this type . But hay every one has to be something
Old 08-14-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
no big deal to me because I have land to hunt on it is the people that don't have land that ask to hunt and get turned away because of the trespassers . this will hurt all hunters in the end but hay there is people that think its ok to trespass and I think you could me one of this type . But hay every one has to be something
Don't get your feelings hurt you don't even know me so don't accuse me of being one of them that's the problem with landowners it's always poor me poor me I don't care about landowners or their problems any more than they care about mine and you know that but everyone comes to a o to whine and cry
Old 08-14-2018, 02:57 PM

oh my feelings are not hurt but I think I mite have hurt yours have a nice day!!!