Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-09-2018, 07:47 AM

John Tory is the Mayor of Toronto, not the President of Canada. Where is organizations like the NFA in all of this?

-Billy Molls
Old 08-09-2018, 08:37 AM

Perhaps we should just build a wall around Toronto, and let them exist on there own within that wall?
Old 08-09-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Perhaps we should just build a wall around Toronto, and let them exist on there own within that wall?
Then fill it with water or oil.

LC
Old 08-09-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Then fill it with water or oil.

LC
X2!

Too many people living together in Toronto creating their own problems a 1972 experiment.

Universe 25

Dr. Calhoun introduced eight white mice, four male and four female, to the environment. Just two years later, the increased mouse population essentially created its own apocalypse. The complex was crowded during its peak population. The mice got violent with each other, and mother mice even forgot about some of their babies. Calhoun called a particular group of mice "the beautiful ones," because they had separated themselves from the chaos, avoiding violence and death. However, these mice had no desire for social connections. They stopped mating and caring for their young.

Toronto has a social problem not a gun problem

Last edited by bat119; 08-09-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
John Tory is the Mayor of Toronto, not the President of Canada. Where is organizations like the NFA in all of this?
The CCFR is very active in lobbying for gun rights in Canada, but when was the last time you saw any media print or TV (with the exception of Facebook) that gave even a small amount of coverage to legal gun owner concerns.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:33 PM

None of this gun ban rhetoric by John Tory or Trudeau is about public safety or preventing shootings. It is simply designed and spun to appeal to the public who ignorantly or mistakenly believe a gun ban will save lives. These politicians know a gun ban will get urban votes, it will and that's what left wing politicians want...more votes. These anti gun politicians probably wink and nod to each other every time there is another shooting as it means more votes for them even though they themselves know the whole gun control thing won't save any lives. They know the vast majority of gun owners aren't voting for them but if they can use these shootings to generate and fear monger the non gun owning fence sitters into picking sides to vote for them. It is a distraction designed to focus attention away from other far more important political issues such as immigration, deficit, crime, etc etc that they have failed miserably to deal with in any effective way.

This is all about appealing to emotionally vulnerable peoples heart strings for votes under the guise that these politicians actually care and really can do something about gun violence. Its all hollow posturing but it gets urban politicians elected and that's what this proposed legislation is really about
Old 08-09-2018, 05:37 PM

Bushrat nailed lt!
Old 08-09-2018, 10:42 PM

In order to keep criminals from illegally obtaining handguns, perhaps that ban needs to apply to the police as well?

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...ness-overnight
Old 08-09-2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
None of this gun ban rhetoric by John Tory or Trudeau is about public safety or preventing shootings. It is simply designed and spun to appeal to the public who ignorantly or mistakenly believe a gun ban will save lives. These politicians know a gun ban will get urban votes, it will and that's what left wing politicians want...more votes. These anti gun politicians probably wink and nod to each other every time there is another shooting as it means more votes for them even though they themselves know the whole gun control thing won't save any lives. They know the vast majority of gun owners aren't voting for them but if they can use these shootings to generate and fear monger the non gun owning fence sitters into picking sides to vote for them. It is a distraction designed to focus attention away from other far more important political issues such as immigration, deficit, crime, etc etc that they have failed miserably to deal with in any effective way.

This is all about appealing to emotionally vulnerable peoples heart strings for votes under the guise that these politicians actually care and really can do something about gun violence. Its all hollow posturing but it gets urban politicians elected and that's what this proposed legislation is really about
Slowwwww clap.... 👏 NAILED IT!!
Old 08-09-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
I would expect a lot of "grey" guns to be still around, that $200 SKS could be worth big bucks after a ban. The sale of 6" PVC pipe and posthole augers will be going up soon.
And this^^ is the entire reason I went to Canadian Tire on Oct.20/2015 day after Fed election....to cheer myself up and buy an SKS and a crate of x39
Its still in cosmoline unfired.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post

WE get it...if only the sheep in the east (where all the votes are) would wake up and understand what's happening.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:39 AM

I don’t trust Trudeau. I think I’m buying as much as I can while I still can.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:04 PM

Default Japan has one

This is going to hurt, but... I understand Japan has exactly this sort of system, where if you want to get a firearm (and that alone is tough), you have to store it at the local police station. They seem ok with it.

I will search the stories to back up these claims - coming soon, as they say.

Japanese concerns still produce a whole lot of very good guns for export, guns such as Howa rifles, and Miroku shotguns. Your Browning BPS is one of those Mirokus; me I have a 20 gauge BPS, nice gun. I believe the Browning Citoris are also Japanese-made, and so are current Winchester 94s. Opinions do differ vigorously on pre-64 and post-64 Win 94s, but the new are very nice shooters, even if they are a little more plastic and aluminum than pre-64.

Now Japan does NOT have gophers to be shot, so there's that. But they do have far, far too many many raccoons (long story, will get sources). Person might wish to go pop raccoons, but you'd have to swing by the cop shop to get your raccoon-popper and the ammo for it. And the gods of Shinto help you if you forget to return it.

I must admit the Japanese are far more efficient in doing stuff like this, but I suppose we could learn from them.

If |I had to put a bet on the table on learning from the Japanese or the Americans, I'd sure tend to lean toward the Japanese.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:05 PM

Politicians are some of the lowest form of scum on Earth

Their only goal is re-election and lining their pockets with as much of my money as they can. Regardless of political affiliation, they protect each other to certain limits but will gladly slaughter each other for a bigger piece of the pie

Every time I hear some politician died, I feel the world got a bit better for a second. Then I remember that scum breeds scum, and another one will soon fill the spot.

Never believe politicians or clergy. Or a tv spokesman. .....
Old 08-12-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post

Their only goal is re-election and lining their pockets with as much of my money as they can. Regardless of political affiliation, they protect each other to certain limits but will gladly slaughter each other for a bigger piece of the pie

Every time I hear some politician died, I feel the world got a bit better for a second. Then I remember that scum breeds scum, and another one will soon fill the spot.

Yikes... did you get a flat tire today or something?
Old 08-13-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post

That would be funny, if it wasn't true.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetRick View Post
This is going to hurt, but... I understand Japan has exactly this sort of system, where if you want to get a firearm (and that alone is tough), you have to store it at the local police station. They seem ok with it.

I will search the stories to back up these claims - coming soon, as they say.

Japanese concerns still produce a whole lot of very good guns for export, guns such as Howa rifles, and Miroku shotguns. Your Browning BPS is one of those Mirokus; me I have a 20 gauge BPS, nice gun. I believe the Browning Citoris are also Japanese-made, and so are current Winchester 94s. Opinions do differ vigorously on pre-64 and post-64 Win 94s, but the new are very nice shooters, even if they are a little more plastic and aluminum than pre-64.

Now Japan does NOT have gophers to be shot, so there's that. But they do have far, far too many many raccoons (long story, will get sources). Person might wish to go pop raccoons, but you'd have to swing by the cop shop to get your raccoon-popper and the ammo for it. And the gods of Shinto help you if you forget to return it.

I must admit the Japanese are far more efficient in doing stuff like this, but I suppose we could learn from them.

If |I had to put a bet on the table on learning from the Japanese or the Americans, I'd sure tend to lean toward the Japanese.
If Japan's way is so appealing to you, then go live there. We dont do that here and it doesnt sound like anything we should do here. We dont have a gun problem in Canada, we have a failing legal system where citizens pay big money for lawyers and judges to talk about things and do nothing to fix the problem. We need a proper justice system where evil people are dealt with.

Last edited by Nyksta; 08-13-2018 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:18 AM

I think everyone living in big cities should give up their keys and their cars should be parked in a centralized garage...they can take public transit everywhere. On rare occasions they leave the city, they can visit the central garage to sign out their vehicle with strict in and out rules and GPS tracker turned on...if it saves just one life....

LC
Old 08-13-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I think everyone living in big cities should give up their keys and their cars should be parked in a centralized garage...they can take public transit everywhere. On rare occasions they leave the city, they can visit the central garage to sign out their vehicle with strict in and out rules and GPS tracker turned on...if it saves just one life....

LC
And any liquor anyone wants to purchase is shipped to your place of residence or an authorized friend's house where it will be consumed. All car keys must be turned over to the authorities until a sobriety test is administered.

Colin
Old 08-13-2018, 08:49 AM

They'll spend a billion dollars on a failed gun registry but can only find a few million to deal with the socio-economic problems in our country.

Colin
Old 08-13-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:

LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by colroggal View Post
And any liquor anyone wants to purchase is shipped to your place of residence or an authorized friend's house where it will be consumed. All car keys must be turned over to the authorities until a sobriety test is administered.

Colin

Quoted for truth.

Free will is important. It’s what we’re made for. Taking away the guns is not the solution because the guns are not the problem.