Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2015, 02:52 PM
Banned

Default Monsanto will love this:glyphosate labeled probable cancer causing

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e166a...-carcinogen-un

International Agency for Research on Cancer, a division of WHO.

Experts said there was "limited evidence" in humans that the herbicide can cause non-Hodgkins lymphoma and there is convincing evidence that glyphosate can also cause other forms of cancer in rats and mice.

IARC's panel said glyphosate has been found in the blood and urine of agricultural workers, showing the chemical has been absorbed by the body.

So, shouldn't we be taking the precautionary principle to heart in industrial use of the chemical?
Old 03-20-2015, 03:01 PM
Gone Hunting

What a great day to rejoice AVB3

I agree whole heartily with you.

"So, shouldn't we be taking the precautionary principle to heart in industrial use of the chemical?"

And I would even go further. and extend that advice to residential and commercial uses as well.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 03-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Banned

Something to think about....

Lots of our ungulates browse on young deciduous trees and grasses.

Every year, 100,000's of litres of herbicide (vision max) is dumped onto young cutblocks to limit competition for conifers.

The moose, deer and elk have been eating in these cutblocks for years.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Gone Hunting

No need to go that far. Tons of pesticides applied to agricultural ground. Probably more game shot there than in the piney woods.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 03-20-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadeer View Post
Something to think about....

Lots of our ungulates browse on young deciduous trees and grasses.

Every year, 100,000's of litres of herbicide (vision max) is dumped onto young cutblocks to limit competition for conifers.

The moose, deer and elk have been eating in these cutblocks for years.
Yes, some of my favorite cutblocks have been ruined by that exact practice.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
No need to go that far. Tons of pesticides applied to agricultural ground. Probably more game shot there than in the piney woods.

Mmmmmm marinated since birth from within....
Old 03-20-2015, 10:17 PM
Banned

didn't take long...

Too ‘dramatic’: Monsanto rejects WHO conclusion that Roundup ‘probably’ causes cancer

http://rt.com/news/242801-glyphosate...risk-monstano/
Old 03-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Banned

Same outfit that said French fries cause cancer.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Banned

Not that I think the EPA is any sort of blue label agency either, but even they think it's safe.

The EPA's 2012 assessment of glyphosate concluded that it met the statutory safety standards and that the chemical could "continue to be used without unreasonable risks to people or the environment."

For those that don't know...World Health Organization (WHO) is a division of the UN. http://www.who.int/about/en/
Old 03-22-2015, 05:39 PM

We spend billions of dollars on Cancer Treatments, someones at my door every other day looking for money to give to big pharma. Problem is no one wants to address the cause of the Cancers. Wish I would get a charity at my door who will spend the money warning people about the Roundup, pesticides, chemicals in our food or fluoride in our water that is causing the increase in cancers.

Wouldn't trust what the EPA or FDA says Rug, just look at the people in them and see who they used to work for, or who they will work for next.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
We spend billions of dollars on Cancer Treatments, someones at my door every other day looking for money to give to big pharma. Problem is no one wants to address the cause of the Cancers. Wish I would get a charity at my door who will spend the money warning people about the Roundup, pesticides, chemicals in our food or fluoride in our water that is causing the increase in cancers.

Wouldn't trust what the EPA or FDA says Rug, just look at the people in them and see who they used to work for, or who they will work for next.
The FDA, Monsanto link is frightening.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-22-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
Same outfit that said French fries cause cancer.
Apparently doubly so, if you fry them in Round Up. We're trying to feed billions of people, unless someone cuts those numbers drastically, we're stuck on this road.

Grizz
Old 03-22-2015, 06:39 PM

Interesting that Monsanto's cafeteria is a major buyer of organic foods, and uses very few foods treated with their products. They will only use those treated with their products if no organic is available on the market....

I bet that Monsanto knew of the link between many of their chemicals and cancers. Another subsidiary of Monsanto's parent company make cancer treating drugs, and the cancer treating drugs side effects control drugs...

It's Hegelian thesis/antithesis.... Create a problem and offer a premade solution, don't let a tragedy go to waste, etc... Same thing many governments run on... Have an antiterror bill ready, and wait for something to happen, or stage it with actors... Wait for the people to cry for protection, and offer it to them but say that they have to give up rights in order to be safer... Repeat cycle...
Old 03-22-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
Interesting that Monsanto's cafeteria is a major buyer of organic foods, and uses very few foods treated with their products. They will only use those treated with their products if no organic is available on the market....

I bet that Monsanto knew of the link between many of their chemicals and cancers. Another subsidiary of Monsanto's parent company make cancer treating drugs, and the cancer treating drugs side effects control drugs...

It's Hegelian thesis/antithesis.... Create a problem and offer a premade solution, don't let a tragedy go to waste, etc... Same thing many governments run on... Have an antiterror bill ready, and wait for something to happen, or stage it with actors... Wait for the people to cry for protection, and offer it to them but say that they have to give up rights in order to be safer... Repeat cycle...
I think the Monsanto organic cafeteria is wishful thinking. that would be like the president of GM owning and driving Ford products. your info must be a bit faulty.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsik View Post
I think the Monsanto organic cafeteria is wishful thinking. that would be like the president of GM owning and driving Ford products. your info must be a bit faulty.
If they know that it causes cancer, would they they willingly eat their own poison?? And I actually know, as my dad used to sell a fair amount of stuff to their canadian headquarters from our organic farm...
Old 03-22-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Can you please post your source for this info? Statements like that definitely need to be backed up.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl649 View Post
Can you please post your source for this info? Statements like that definitely need to be backed up.
What?? You want my dad's personal records to satisfy your own personal curiosity?? Google it... The info is there...
Old 03-22-2015, 07:47 PM

Not hearsay, not opinion. Actual facts.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:51 PM

As I say, the info is there, and most is correct... Very little of it is wrong... It's there to be found.

As a side note, that had been going on since the early 90s that I know of...
Old 03-22-2015, 07:56 PM

So you do not know where you found this info? If it can't be backed up, then it is just hearsay. Not of any value at all. If you are going to state something like this you should be prepared to prove it.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
So you do not know where you found this info? If it can't be backed up, then it is just hearsay. Not of any value at all. If you are going to state something like this you should be prepared to prove it.
I know where I found that info... You haven't answered my question. Do you expect me to divulge my and my father's personal info to satisfy your curiosity?? Would you be willing to do the same if I asked you for that??????

I thought not....

Besides, I could provide till I'm blue in the face, and you'd still deny I'd bet...

As I said, the info is there in other places... You just have to dig a little...
Old 03-22-2015, 08:08 PM

You posted this on a public forum. I am only asking you to prove what you are saying is not just hearsay. If you are not willing to do that and you are comfortable with people accepting it as hearsay; then it's ok with me.

For the record, if I stated something, yes I would be willing to divulge the source. If it was that important to keep my source private then I wouldn't make the statement in the first place or I would retract the statement.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:11 PM

ok, so I googled it and read up on a number of posts and both organic food and conventional and GM food are all available at Monsanto cafeterias in Europe. I have to admit I am a bit in shock at this discovery....well not too much I guess, I watched a Chevrolet salesman jump into a Toyota a few years ago and drive off for lunch, then I made a snide remark to the receptionist. she told me his car was in the shop and he was driving his wife's car
Old 03-22-2015, 08:12 PM

Thank you.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
You posted this on a public forum. I am only asking you to prove what you are saying is not just hearsay. If you are not willing to do that and you are comfortable with people accepting it as hearsay; then it's ok with me.

For the record, if I stated something, yes I would be willing to divulge the source. If it was that important to keep my source private then I wouldn't make the statement in the first place or I would retract the statement.
Here's the problem, my family has been threatened before for divulging this info... Lawsuits, and the like... Would likely bankrupt us if I did show proof... Bankrupt is still bankrupt even if it's a nuisance suit... It's not a justice system... It's a legal system...

Would you still be willing to show based on my curiosity under those threats if the situation was reversed?? I can make all the allegations I want on a public forum... They'll leave my family alone... Provide a scrap of proof?? That's when the problems start...

Irony is, if you walk into their cafeteria, and ask, and they'll tell you straight up, and it's on their website.... That's why I told you to do your own research...
Old 03-22-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Bankrupt is still bankrupt even if it's a nuisance suit... It's not a justice system... It's a legal system...

Would you still be willing to show based on my curiosity under those threats if the situation was reversed?? I can make all the allegations I want on a public forum... They'll leave my family alone... Provide a scrap of proof?? That's when the problems start...

Amen.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:44 PM

What food is not considered probable cancer causing?
Old 03-23-2015, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e166a...-carcinogen-un

International Agency for Research on Cancer, a division of WHO.

Experts said there was "limited evidence" in humans that the herbicide can cause non-Hodgkins lymphoma and there is convincing evidence that glyphosate can also cause other forms of cancer in rats and mice.

IARC's panel said glyphosate has been found in the blood and urine of agricultural workers, showing the chemical has been absorbed by the body.

So, shouldn't we be taking the precautionary principle to heart in industrial use of the chemical?
Monsatan knew this from the get-go!
They are evil and have been poisoning their fellow man for years with all of their chemicals!
Do you know that the only food served at the Monsatan cafeteria is all organic?
Heaven forbid they should eat their own offerings!
Old 03-23-2015, 05:36 AM
Banned

Monsanto says they don't focus on organic foods in their cafeteria:

http://www.monsanto.com/newsviews/pa...afeterias.aspx
Old 03-23-2015, 07:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretman57 View Post
Monsatan knew this from the get-go!
They are evil and have been poisoning their fellow man for years with all of their chemicals!
Do you know that the only food served at the Monsatan cafeteria is all organic?
Heaven forbid they should eat their own offerings!
I don't eat the beef that I raise. Does that mean it causes cancer?