Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-14-2018, 12:19 PM

Default Cell phone boosters

Looking to put a cell phone booster into my hunting trailer. What ones do you guys have. What has your experiance been. Any recommendations?
Old 08-14-2018, 01:23 PM

I've recently picked up a Weboost 4GX-drive that I use in both my truck and my cabin. So far it has been great, many areas where I get no reception without the booster I am able to get bars and make calls/use data. Certain areas though you will still get no reception due to mountains/obstacles and nothing other than a sat phone is going to change that. Also in some instances, rain or low clouds can block/reduce your signal but you wouldn't be getting anything without it. Spendy in that $800 range but so far its worth it. They have great customer support, I talked with a guy for 45 minutes about hte various models and he was very helpful citing examples of customers in AB who use them in their certain areas and how they perform.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:27 PM

Our hunting camp is just on the edge of cell service. My mom has a 'magic box' that gets her iPhone service. Its just an old plastic transport crate that been around since I was about 12, but it works with her phone somehow. Nobody else's just hers.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:53 PM

I second the Weeboost... I have an older one and it works well enough, but I would recommend the omnidirectional antenna since you will be moving from place to place and won't know where the towers are exactly

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2018, 08:09 PM
Banned

They are helpful. I would have to go look at my brand I don’t recall the name of at the moment but I was able to make it almost to hunter valley road from Harold creek last I used it. I usually lost reception long before that point without one.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:27 PM

I was told the old Wilson models were replaced with the weboost brand. I have always had better luck with the Wilson ones.