Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 06-23-2019, 12:37 PM

Default Rendezvous

Don't forget the annual Alberta Trappers Rendezvous in Teepee Creek this weekend and this year it is Saturday Sunday 29th and 30th not Friday Saturday like previous years.
See you there.
Doug
Old 06-23-2019, 08:19 PM

Yep, we’ll see you there.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:01 PM
Gone Hunting

I had hopped to have a table at the rendezvous but the fire here forced me to change plans.

I may still go, but only as a spectator.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-24-2019, 09:45 AM

Hope you can make it Keg.
Speaking of kegs, at the last meeting the Greater Edmonton Trappers decided to sponsor a keg at the Rendezvous to supplement the NAFA keg and the GP Trappers graciously accepted our offer. So you can have one on us.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:00 PM

anyone know what time doors open and everything starts in the morning?
Old 06-24-2019, 05:32 PM

Is there an agenda that can be shared?
Old 06-25-2019, 10:43 AM

I know they have lots of kid's activities family friendly event, and the usual fur handling contest, beer, Ultimate Trapper contest (youth and adult) skinning demos, seminars, trade show, meals and lots of room for trailers, campers etc. and beer, did I mention beer.
The office 780-349-6626 might have an agenda to post.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:08 AM

Here is a link, no real agenda though. The agenda will be in your registration package. It is very hard to finalize until presenters/speakers arrive and animals are thawed etc. It will likely be a flexible work in progress until the last presentation/demonstration. Remember, it's all done by volunteers, this year the Grande Prairie crew. I believe that next year is yet to be determined, (waiting for a local to volunteer).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...iClkf5pC&ifg=1
Old 06-27-2019, 08:26 AM

Breakfast Saturday and Sunday starts at 7, trade fair and everything else starts at 9 both days. I heard some folks started moving in yesterday.
If you re-new your membership feel free to put the Greater Edmonton as your local (locals get $5.00 from the membership).
See you there
Doug
And if you're already with the Greater Edmonton Local please say hello and take a minute to give you're feedback about our next meeting August 25th.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugh View Post
Breakfast Saturday and Sunday starts at 7, trade fair and everything else starts at 9 both days. I heard some folks started moving in yesterday.
If you re-new your membership feel free to put the Greater Edmonton as your local (locals get $5.00 from the membership).
See you there
Doug
And if you're already with the Greater Edmonton Local please say hello and take a minute to give you're feedback about our next meeting August 25th.
thanks for the answer, I was about to call them today
Old 07-02-2019, 09:44 AM

Another great Rendezvous. The GP crew did a wonderful job, kudos to them, and the rain held off! Tons of kids kept busy and entertained. The Ultimate Trapper had a few new twists so it was even more entertaining. And the new bean blast team event. It was great to visit with Alan Purdy and see the Marshals, Godbersons, Grahams, Klines, Abercrombies, Naifs, Hrushenskis, Wasylciws, the ATA staff and many more. The speeches were kept short and the food was great. I met a gentleman from the Sunset House area, very interesting, I hope I get to see him again.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:14 PM

I had a great time the go local did a fantastic job. Well organized events were on time. Great skinning this year WOW. Hard to beat next year. Another fantastic rendezvous. Thanks to all the volunteers. Oh and supper was tastey. I think it was Mad Hatters out of GP. Excellent prime rib.

Cheers hope to see you next year.

Bill