Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-11-2018, 08:06 AM
Banned

Question Grizzly bear closures...

Saw in paper briefly yesterday several k-country closures already due to 'bear in area'...so for those that know more than me on this...would i be right in thinking...

it won't be long before they best just close off all mountain access altogether while the bears are awake, or simply educate the general public that they are in bear country?

i'm at a loss to understand this closure thing, not only are the bears always in the area but it's also well educated everywhere that people are in bear country, well maybe not educated well enough in the 300 zones yet lol but just want to make sure i'm not missing something here?

there's very few valleys out there without a grizzly and add in their movement and you're straight up in bear country always (as educated already) and could come across one at any time so i'm failing to see the issues or why you'd close a spot when one has been seen? I've been around 8 grizz in one day between south highwood and canmore and that was several years ago, do people really think their numbers are just a few hundred still? is that what the govt. is trying to hide or protect people from knowing one thing but not telling people the truth? something seems very wrong with this situation

in that case a few years ago they would have been best to just close off down by chain lakes and at canmore and hwy 40, get everyone out of there...i'm so baffled this absurdity

what the absolute f__k?
Old 05-11-2018, 08:28 AM

They’re supposed to be opening the golf course this year and I wonder if the grizzly Bear closures will apply to the golf course as well it may not be very profitable if it’s close down all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2018, 08:48 AM

I find the closures make for quiet woods
Old 05-11-2018, 09:43 AM
Banned

Wonder how long it will take BC to re open the hunt after some tourists get mauled.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCFisherman View Post
Wonder how long it will take BC to re open the hunt after some tourists get mauled.
They will have fewer tourists in the areas with grizzlies, I suspect as many albertans are boycotting them due to their pipeline shenanigans
Old 05-11-2018, 03:45 PM

I'll laugh my ass of when they start closing down sections of the castle for g bears in the area....largest population per square mile in the province..
Old 05-11-2018, 03:49 PM

If you aren't smart enough to be bear aware at all times and are not carrying protection of some sort you shouldn't be back there anyway.enough with the stupid closures!
Old 05-11-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
I find the closures make for quiet woods
LOL.....too true.
Grew up hunting back east on CFB Gagetown,the artillery impact ranges (which are always closed to hunting) had some of the best hunting all to myself/no crowds to deal with lol 😝
Old 05-11-2018, 05:18 PM

Default Go where no one else is hunting.

Wait, wait, wait...... You guys mean I am not suposed to just cross under (or over) the tape that is strung across the trail and continue hunting? I'll keep that in mind. I guess that's why never see anyone else hunting.
Do fish and feather post on a web site somewhere where they have "shut" a section of public land off?
Just so I don't go there..........
Old 05-11-2018, 05:49 PM

I don't think I've seen that tape? Where abouts exactly did you see it?
Old 05-11-2018, 06:09 PM

We need to stop closing these areas to the public and start encouraging more of the protein sources, I mean Disney culture, to venture in to the back country.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg natural.jpg (68.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg menu_for_bears.jpg (66.2 KB, 71 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell