Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Banned

Default So alberta is the best place to live!!

Trust me,no one gets more excited about the arrival of summer here.I love our summers and will never miss one as long as I live!!! My prob is that it's getting harder and harder to put up with our leaders and their bs!! Am I the only one who is getting sick of the cost of living? it seems that every time I turn around I get to pay more. If it's not a tax increase its gas,groceries,etc etc. My fav is the money grab photo radar, is this how our tax dollars are spent...fining tax payers who travel the roads we paid for? Yes I get it.speeding is dangerous,travel the world like I have and see other countries and how they deal with speeding,I have seen multiple places that have digital signs warning you of a speed limit change instead of an A hole hiding behind a tree ready to steal money from you.Every yr my taxes increase as I watch our roads fall apart and the ditches grow 3' tall before the first mowing.I know a whole family that works in Fort Mac,they have all sold their properties here and have moved to Mexico,$400 a month rent, on the beach,furnished and utilities included.How can one survive here if you are a kid starting out?Oh Canada? or OMG Canada?:an gry3::::y3:
Old 07-18-2017, 01:32 PM

Try BC and you'll give up. It's insanely expensive here - 30% higher gas (at least!), vehicle insurance is double, income taxes are higher and housing is typically double the cost in Alberta. Oh, and they generally have lower wages, too.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:33 PM

It's definitely harder for kids nowadays to make a go of it than say 40 years back. Most kids after any kind of schooling start out life owing 100,000.00 or more and that's before they even buy a home or car.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHBATTEREDBEER View Post
Trust me,no one gets more excited about the arrival of summer here.I love our summers and will never miss one as long as I live!!! My prob is that it's getting harder and harder to put up with our leaders and their bs!! Am I the only one who is getting sick of the cost of living? it seems that every time I turn around I get to pay more. If it's not a tax increase its gas,groceries,etc etc. My fav is the money grab photo radar, is this how our tax dollars are spent...fining tax payers who travel the roads we paid for? Yes I get it.speeding is dangerous,travel the world like I have and see other countries and how they deal with speeding,I have seen multiple places that have digital signs warning you of a speed limit change instead of an A hole hiding behind a tree ready to steal money from you.Every yr my taxes increase as I watch our roads fall apart and the ditches grow 3' tall before the first mowing.I know a whole family that works in Fort Mac,they have all sold their properties here and have moved to Mexico,$400 a month rent, on the beach,furnished and utilities included.How can one survive here if you are a kid starting out?Oh Canada? or OMG Canada?:an gry3::::y3:
I feel overtaxed at times too...but your major beef...photo radar.
I'm one of the smart ones...I don't speed, hence I don't pay that tax.
Easy Peasy.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
I feel overtaxed at times too...but your major beef...photo radar.
I'm one of the smart ones...I don't speed, hence I don't pay that tax.
Easy Peasy.
Just have to be smarter than the photo radar on the side of the road....Vehicle on the shoulder, slow down, once passed speed up
Old 07-18-2017, 02:11 PM

Yup taxed to death so you can't afford to get married and have lots of kids or afford a house to live in. Government spends our taxes importing people of no benefit to Canada gives them welfare and pays them to reproduce like rats all while they contribute nothing. My hard earned money right into the the pocket of these parasites. Biggest transfer of wealth ever. We are unbelievably stupid to allow this.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmike68 View Post
yup taxed to death so you can't afford to get married and have lots of kids or afford a house to live in. Government spends our taxes importing people of no benefit to canada gives them welfare and pays them to reproduce like rats all while they contribute nothing. My hard earned money right into the the pocket of these parasites. Biggest transfer of wealth ever. We are unbelievably stupid to allow this.
so true
Old 07-18-2017, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
yup taxed to death so you can't afford to get married and have lots of kids or afford a house to live in. Government spends our taxes importing people of no benefit to canada gives them welfare and pays them to reproduce like rats all while they contribute nothing. My hard earned money right into the the pocket of these parasites. Biggest transfer of wealth ever. We are unbelievably stupid to allow this.
boom headshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 943916_915111168577411_9079064283956316308_n.jpg (28.3 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg 7Eu0TmRl.jpg (37.0 KB, 207 views)
Old 07-18-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Yup taxed to death so you can't afford to get married and have lots of kids or afford a house to live in. Government spends our taxes importing people of no benefit to Canada gives them welfare and pays them to reproduce like rats all while they contribute nothing. My hard earned money right into the the pocket of these parasites. Biggest transfer of wealth ever. We are unbelievably stupid to allow this.

X3
Old 07-18-2017, 02:42 PM

We get hit with our income tax, property tax, and house insurance, and 3 mortgage withdraws in a month in back-to-back-to-back-to-back months. Just those four items are about 15% of my pretax salary, let alone the rest of the year.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should try leaving Alberta for a while and see if that is better for you? Good Luck I will suffer along without your taxes and photo radar fines going into the pot, and you can still book on to AO and let us know what we are missing.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
Maybe you should try leaving Alberta for a while and see if that is better for you? Good Luck I will suffer along without your taxes and photo radar fines going into the pot, and you can still book on to AO and let us know what we are missing.
Whenever anyone puts out a top 10 list of which are the best countries to live in, Canada always rates in the top.
We've had it so good for so long that a bunch of Canadians just don't realize how good they have it. We whine about photo radar and the such while half the worlds population doesn't have clean drinking water.
Sad how narcissistic many of us have become.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Nailed it.

Dodger
Old 07-18-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Whenever anyone puts out a top 10 list of which are the best countries to live in, Canada always rates in the top.
We've had it so good for so long that a bunch of Canadians just don't realize how good they have it. We whine about photo radar and the such while half the worlds population doesn't have clean drinking water.
Apples to oranges. We are a different society compared to 3rd world countries. We do have it good but our country could be far better with the amounts of money going into all the different levels of government. We could be helping our own people who need help. All levels of government are there to work for re-election and not for the hard working family striving for a better life. Our children are in for a world of hurt in the future.

My $1.25, Dodger
Old 07-18-2017, 03:58 PM

If it's so bad go for a year tour around this plant and you will lick the ground you stand on,there is no perfect system and Alberta is a good place to live.

And kids maken a move today were taught how to spend and live way beyond there means,so if you feel bad about your kid go look in the mirror at who made it hard on them.Fort mac before the fire had slowed right down an folks who made big cash for the past 15 years only had enough cash for a month ahead and needed food hampers,stores are full of food,quads .boats and rv's in everyone's yard and things look bad,give me a break.Sure the cost of living is going up ,but most people won't cut back,wait till it get's really,really bad and it's coming like a freight train,you will look back and pray it was like today.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
Apples to oranges. We are a different society compared to 3rd world countries. We do have it good but our country could be far better with the amounts of money going into all the different levels of government. We could be helping our own people who need help. All levels of government are there to work for re-election and not for the hard working family striving for a better life. Our children are in for a world of hurt in the future.

My $1.25, Dodger
I'd give you no more that $1.
Doesn't matter whether we are different societies...in fact more Canadians should visit some 2nd and 3rd world countries...then maybe they'd be a little less whiny about not being able to afford all the crap they see advertised..much of which isn't needed and sits unused in the basement or garage.
That's my two cents worth.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Since when does someone like Justin Trudeau have the right to force me to pay for thousands of refugees instead of using that money to help my own child?

Who is he and his elite group of useful idiots to decide who I help with my money? I don't see him and his group giving up anything, they just vote to raise their pay if they need more money. I cannot do that.

We have it good here because we choose to live a certain way. Why should we be maligned because we live in a way that allows society to prosper and have a decent standard of living? Should our standard of living go down and should we be poor because other nations are? How does that benefit anyone? How many of these countries that are struggling are democracies? Very few. How is that our fault? Why is it our responsibility to support them?

Maybe they need to make changes in their own countries.

We have the government now shutting down ways to save taxes to get more revenue. Tax free savings account ring a bell? Do you think that money will be spent on our youth, or our people? Somehow I doubt it, Trudeau and his band of thieves will just dole it out to another special interest group.

These left wing governments goals are to create a populace that depends on the government for their survival (remind you of Soviet Union by chance) so that the populace will just do what the government says.

Its not narcissistic to want a decent standard of living, our young people deserve better than this but their future is not a bright as those that came before them.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Don't go to France.

3 tickets cost a buddy 1200 euro. Fines start at 1-3 km over the limit. Photo radar traps fall 6 feet behind the speed change sign...no coasting there.

Gendarmerie pull you over you pay your ticket to them on the spot in cash. No cash then you go with them to the nearest ATM. No cash you call someone. No one to call you go to jail.

Hate electric bills...stay away from Ontario.

Mexico is a nice place to visit however the crime there is out of control. Cops are on the take. Life is not worth must to a large portion of the population.

Who doesn't hate inflation...however it is a fact of life...and our dollar doesn't make anything cheaper.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 07-18-2017, 04:22 PM

There is no other place I would rather live than in Alberta. I go the speed limit, shop the sales, use the barter system whenever possible and tolerate the GD tourists driving with there heads hidden in their levi's. 45 minutes away from world class hospitals and an international airport. Stuff is more expensive in town so when we go to Calgary, the money we save at costco and superstore more than pay for the fuel burned. Making pickles tomorrow and just froze the first bag of raspberry's of the season and am looking forward to 3 deer tags this fall to go next to the side of beef ($3.80/lb). Will return from a week in BC with coolers full of fresh fruit for canning and hopefully enough garlic to get us through the winter. It really is hard to be sad.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Banned

For those who are ok with our current government,ask our seniors how their poverty life style is treating them,ask a soldier how they have been helped,ask a cancer patient how the "free" health care is treating them.Take a trip the Cross Cancer Center and ask those people if they truely feel like the docs/government are doing everything they can.The government is bringing in refugees when we can't even save our own.Ask these people what they get monthly to live and compare it to the above mentioned,our seniors have paid taxes for decades and are treated like dirt.Ask a street person about the help they get to achieve a better life.
My property taxes went up $300 and nothing has changed.Look into Panama and the incentives they offer for new comers.As far as safety in Mexico goes I have found it ok and I have been there 8 times.Try walking downtown Edm at 2am,you will change your mind.

http://panamainfo.com/en/advantages-...etiring-panama
Old 07-18-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
There is no other place I would rather live than in Alberta. I go the speed limit, shop the sales, use the barter system whenever possible and tolerate the GD tourists driving with there heads hidden in their levi's. 45 minutes away from world class hospitals and an international airport. Stuff is more expensive in town so when we go to Calgary, the money we save at costco and superstore more than pay for the fuel burned. Making pickles tomorrow and just froze the first bag of raspberry's of the season and am looking forward to 3 deer tags this fall to go next to the side of beef ($3.80/lb). Will return from a week in BC with coolers full of fresh fruit for canning and hopefully enough garlic to get us through the winter. It really is hard to be sad.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Could be worse,

You could afford to get married, and have lots of kids, and a mortgage,

Then you get a divorce,

And pay more in alimony and child support payments,

Lose the house to her, and so on.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:40 PM

For years I've only looked at my pay as what is written on the last line of the pay stub. Minging on an internet forum isn't going to lower your taxes, nothing is going to lower your taxes. You've got to get over it now or risk the rest of your life being mad something you can't change.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:42 PM

I felt bad for Alberta when they voted NDP in. We have seen the suffering here in Manitoba due to having NDP. I wonder how many folks have moved from Manitoba to Alberta, and how many have left Alberta for Manitoba, and I don't mean the folks that were born in Manitoba and returned later. I live on the property my forefathers broke, and have not been able to convince my family that out West is better, therefore I have to deal with Manitoba. For those in Alberta that think it is getting rough, come to Manitoba for awhile.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by couleefolk View Post
I felt bad for Alberta when they voted NDP in. We have seen the suffering here in Manitoba due to having NDP. I wonder how many folks have moved from Manitoba to Alberta, and how many have left Alberta for Manitoba, and I don't mean the folks that were born in Manitoba and returned later. I live on the property my forefathers broke, and have not been able to convince my family that out West is better, therefore I have to deal with Manitoba. For those in Alberta that think it is getting rough, come to Manitoba for awhile.

Funny no one will admit voting NDP
Old 07-18-2017, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Most kids after any kind of schooling start out life owing 100,000.00 or more and that's before they even buy a home or car.
So what? They will be way better off in the long run.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:01 PM

Funny thing is "the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence". If you need a change, rent for a year but don't sell your Alberta house just in case you want to return to paradise if the new paradise doesn't work out.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:02 PM
Banned

I sure do love my Alberta. Now let's get rid of Notley and anything that even resembles dippers, libtards and move forward and back to business.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Adams View Post
So what. They will be way better off in the long run.
I highly doubt the kids of today will be better off in the long run compared to the kids of 40 years ago. Quite the opposite in fact.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Adams View Post
So what? They will be way better off in the long run.
How so?