Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-17-2017, 06:40 PM

Lefty

If we took you wrong sorry. There have been so many previous threads beating on landowner tags not being fair and all the abuse that goes with it that some of us are more than a little touchy on the suject. That and the pretty widespread disrespect of landowners rights by what may be a minority of hunters who cause huge damage to hunter owner relationships only makes it worse. Good hunters need to be relentless in their reporting of scumbags or private land will just become totally unaccesible.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:49 PM

No worries! I certainly did not want to paint all with the same brush...because MAJORITY of landowners are awesome people. I hunt some private land and know many great landowners. Like with anything, the few ruin perceptions of the many. Several places I hunt the landowner only allows me and Dad because we treat the place as our own, and we are their eyes and ears and have reported the transgressions of the few bad hunters that have trespassed, left gates open, driven when they were told not to, Etc.

I regret bringing a negative comment to the post apologies for that.

LC
Old 07-17-2017, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
No worries! I certainly did not want to paint all with the same brush...because MAJORITY of landowners are awesome people. I hunt some private land and know many great landowners. Like with anything, the few ruin perceptions of the many. Several places I hunt the landowner only allows me and Dad because we treat the place as our own, and we are their eyes and ears and have reported the transgressions of the few bad hunters that have trespassed, left gates open, driven when they were told not to, Etc.

LC
No worries lefty
Old 07-18-2017, 08:18 AM

We hunt, that's partly why we bought the land, but when we get there and find vehicle tracks through the alfalfa and trail cams missing.............well, it takes a long time to get over the problems caused by the 1% that call themselves hunters. We lost 2 cameras a few years back that were on a cutline a 1/2 mile from the nearest road and they had produced some very good pics of bucks and bulls.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBark View Post
LO tag is good throughout the WMU if you own more than one quarter.
You can claim a cow elk on one quarter, ur wife a MD buck or cow elk on the other quarter.
You can take ur cow elk on either quarter, her tag the same, either quarter.
Quarters can be 20 mi apart, as long as they are in same WMU.
The last LO license I got did not specify the LSD of the land, just the WMU.
The application was specific, but beyond that, the license / tag was not, just WMU.

TBark
Its good throughout the WMU on your own deeded land. Just to further clarify your post
Old 07-20-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Do what ever you think is the the best. I just have a hard time believing many landowners are breaking the rules.
Then you are absolutely living in a fantasy world. Didnt you at one time vouch for paid access too? Leftys comments werent posted to incite an argument. In fact he nailed it right on the head.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

LC
you said nothing wrong lefty. Over the past couple seasons i will without a doubt state that 'locals' / 'other landowners' are the worst culprits for trespassing as well.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:53 AM

Yes wildside,
Another example, land owner has 5 quarters, quarters are a few miles apart, same WMU.
He has family members designated for the 5 tags, say all cow elk.
The elk are herded up un Dec or Jan, when tags are valid.
All 5 tags can be used at one time on one quarter, as long as in the same WMU.
Again, the tag / license is not specific to a parcel of land, just the WMU and regular season dates.
The application is the only reference to LSD.

TBark
Old 07-20-2017, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside2014 View Post
Then you are absolutely living in a fantasy world. Didnt you at one time vouch for paid access too? Leftys comments werent posted to incite an argument. In fact he nailed it right on the head.
Yes I do agree with paid access. Should be absolutely within my right to do as I see fit on my land.

As far as fantasy world. How so? Rule breakers come in many shapes and colours so there is no reason to single out landowners.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBark View Post
Yes wildside,
Another example, land owner has 5 quarters, quarters are a few miles apart, same WMU.
He has family members designated for the 5 tags, say all cow elk.
The elk are herded up un Dec or Jan, when tags are valid.
All 5 tags can be used at one time on one quarter, as long as in the same WMU.
Again, the tag / license is not specific to a parcel of land, just the WMU and regular season dates.
The application is the only reference to LSD.

TBark

Is this a real life example?

The Landowner licence "policy" limits one tag per species available to ALL lands under the control of the title "owner".

For five tags to be issued to one family (which is possible), there would have to be five separate titles with five different "owners". And then each tag would only be valid on the specific lands designated to each owner.

The Landowner special licence "policy" is under review, expected to be released for public review in 2014.

Oversight of this program will have to be increased as the current arrangement has been very loosely managed.

Are Landowner licences still being issued to people without any titled lands, the permit being valid for their grazing lease?

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 07-20-2017, 04:11 PM

Who knows buff, it's an example,
If quarters are adjoining then ya, i believe it's one tag, but say my example is separate quarters.
You saying one tag per land owner no matter how much land he owns ?
Yes, one tag for him, but others can be designated for the other parcels.

TBark
Old 07-20-2017, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
you said nothing wrong lefty. Over the past couple seasons i will without a doubt state that 'locals' / 'other landowners' are the worst culprits for trespassing as well.
Just curious for someone who is making money off the kindness of Land Owners to let you on their land for free.......is this just your personal view of landowners or is that the kind of garbage message your sponsors want you portraying to all the landowners and hunters in the province.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Just curious for someone who is making money off the kindness of Land Owners to let you on their land for free.......is this just your personal view of landowners or is that the kind of garbage message your sponsors want you portraying to all the landowners and hunters in the province.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:45 PM
Banned

Wildside since you do not appear to be a advocate of landowners rights and them charging for access what are your thoughts on using my tractor to get your game out of my field and loaded? $250 per hr minimum 4 hrs. Double time on stats, weekends and meal hours. Dont forget the tractor is a requirement for you to hunt my land.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wildside since you do not appear to be a advocate of landowners rights and them charging for access what are your thoughts on using my tractor to get your game out of my field and loaded? $250 per hr minimum 4 hrs. Double time on stats, weekends and meal hours. Dont forget the tractor is a requirement for you to hunt my land.
if you have a 200" deer on your land or comparable then i'm probably going to need someone to help me load it
Old 07-21-2017, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
if you have a 200" deer on your land or comparable then i'm probably going to need someone to help me load it
Lol. Maybe a guy should stop shooting the 180's then. You can have the family and friends rate.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:11 PM

Just out of curiosity....

If a landowner can only get a LO tag after unsuccessfully drawing that same species in their "home" wmu, does their priority revert back to 0 if they get the landowner tag?

I don't qualify for the landowner tag with my 3 acres LOL. Just thought I'd ask!
Old 07-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen1817 View Post
Just out of curiosity....

If a landowner can only get a LO tag after unsuccessfully drawing that same species in their "home" wmu, does their priority revert back to 0 if they get the landowner tag?

I don't qualify for the landowner tag with my 3 acres LOL. Just thought I'd ask!
No.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Since when do i make money hunting? Pinhead post of the day, bob. Before you flap your gums id think a bit. What 'garbage message' are you referring to? The fact I said locals trespass as well? Are you insinuating sponsors assume im pro paid hunting? I can promise you im entitled to my own opinions on hunting. Go sell a boat bob. lol geezuz man. I stand by my words.

Last edited by wildside2014; 07-24-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
i advocate for my rights as a landowner all day long bud. But i dont believe im anything more than just that, a landowner. No one owes me anything. I own land. yay.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
i advocate for my rights as a landowner all day long bud. But i dont believe im anything more than just that, a landowner. No one owes me anything. I own land. yay.
Huh?
Old 07-24-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Huh?
Meaning i feel my rights as a landowner currently correlate with a healthy sustainable relationship between landowner and recreational user at the current time. Im too educated to think that paid access only eliminates the average guy, and damages conservation efforts.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Meaning i feel my rights as a landowner currently correlate with a healthy sustainable relationship between landowner and recreational user at the current time. Im too educated to think that paid access only eliminates the average guy, and damages conservation efforts.
Can't argue with your feelings. I'd hate to hurt them. You're too educated that makes me to greedy I guess.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Since when do i make money hunting? Pinhead post of the day, bob. Before you flap your gums id think a bit. What 'garbage message' are you referring to? The fact I said locals trespass as well? Are you insinuating sponsors assume im pro paid hunting? I can promise you im entitled to my own opinions on hunting. Go sell a boat bob. lol geezuz man. I stand by my words.
Nice try but what you said was " I will without a doubt state that 'locals' / 'other landowners' are the worst culprits for trespassing as well." I see you found it necessary to back way off by stating "I said locals trespass as well". I will waste no more time with your kind.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Nice try but what you said was " I will without a doubt state that 'locals' / 'other landowners' are the worst culprits for trespassing as well." I see you found it necessary to back way off by stating "I said locals trespass as well". I will waste no more time with your kind.
Again, i stand by my post. Why dont you write another 'strongly worded email' to some companies so we can round table laugh all over again?