Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Banned

This isn't a hunt, it's a cull. If anyone is allowed to enter the park to shoot the animals, they should put a ban on the retention of antlers. This way the anti's can't call it a trophy hunt, the people who only shoot out of their vehicles can stay home too, this won't be a trophy hunt for them either. Managing the herd is #1 priority, #2 is filling the freezer for those who will eat it.

Anyone who would consider this a hunt, isn't a hunter.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
This isn't a hunt, it's a cull. If anyone is allowed to enter the park to shoot the animals, they should put a ban on the retention of antlers. This way the anti's can't call it a trophy hunt, the people who only shoot out of their vehicles can stay home too, this won't be a trophy hunt for them either. Managing the herd is #1 priority, #2 is filling the freezer for those who will eat it.

Completely ridiculous. All the talk of even the base being nothing more than a cull, is just a bunch of hacks that either wanna sound like theyve done some hunting, or are hacks that purposely went into a gong show and stayed in it hopeing for scraps. My wife and i can tell a wonderful story of her hunt for a bull on one of the very hunts guys were piping off about. Number one, we stayed away from those very idiots that are on here running off continually, number two we didnt have encounters with other hunters, number 3, we passed 19 bulls in two days by simply going the oposite direction of people. Number 4, we glassed over multiple quiet herds including a couple 300 plus bulls, and lastly, she ended a great hunt with a beautiful first elk, nice little 5 point chilli bull. Guys need to stop speaking in riddles with this stuff. Culls, hunts, hunters and not hunters. Holy sh&t. 99 pct of guys wound up over these semantics are more thatn a little far away from being hunters themselves, who the hell are they to be talking
about who is or isnt one anyways...

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 06-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Completely ridiculous. All the talk of even the base being nothing more than a cull, is just a bunch of hacks that either wanna sound like theyve done some hunting, or are hacks that purposely went into a gong show and stayed in it hopeing for scraps. My wife and i can tell a wonderful story of her hunt for a bull on one of the very hunts guys were piping off about. Number one, we stayed away from those very idiots that are on here running off continually, number two we didnt have encounters with other hunters, number 3, we passed 19 bulls in two days by simply going the oposite direction of people. Number 4, we glassed over multiple quiet herds including a couple 300 plus bulls, and lastly, she ended a great hunt with a beautiful first elk, nice little 5 point chilli bull. Guys need to stop speaking in riddles with this stuff. Culls, hunts, hunters and not hunters. Holy sh&t. 99 pct of guys wound up over these semantics are more thatn a little far away from being hunters themselves, who the hell are they to be talking
about who is or isnt one anyways...

My uncle has a bunch of cattle, maybe he can set up some hunts for the poor hunters that can't make it in for the elk.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
My uncle has a bunch of cattle, maybe he can set up some hunts for the poor hunters that can't make it in for the elk.
Your uncle has cows, and you have twisted ideals, or is it poopy bum over either skunking your tag in the base, or not having enough points to jump while it was hot, AND your real choked now over another potential golden opportunity being missed due to now low priority/maybe just previously wasted priority due to not being "a real hunter"?
Im going with the twisted ideals.
Kurt grow up and smarten up.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 06-03-2017, 03:55 PM

We are 20 min from Elk Island. We go mountain biking there and occasionally on nice evenings we rip the doors and top off the jeep and go check out the moose, Elk and bison. Enjoy your "hunt". Lol😂

Old 06-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Your uncle has cows, and you have twisted ideals, or is it poopy bum over either skunking your tag in the base, or not having enough points to jump while it was hot, AND your real choked now over another potential golden opportunity being missed due to now low priority/maybe just previously wasted priority due to not being "a real hunter"?
Im going with the twisted ideals.
Kurt grow up and smarten up.
Lol, after your hunt you can book a fishing trip to the Edmonton boat and sportsman show, awesome opportunity for some rainbows.

Twisted ideals? If your idea of a trophy hunt is shooting an elk in the park, I think you better look in the mirror bud. I've got a pile of trophy animals, taken on hunts, I would be embarrassed to show off a set of antlers taken from a pen, but that's just me. I would also consider anyone who would brag about such a trophy, a poor excuse for a hunter, but again that's just me.

I would however consider anyone who brags about the meat they have in their freezer from a shopping trip at the park, to be lucky individuals.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
We are 20 min from Elk Island. We go mountain biking there and occasionally on nice evenings we rip the doors and top off the jeep and go check out the moose, Elk and bison. Enjoy your "hunt". Lol😂

You must be runnin ozonics in that ground blind to be able to get that close!!!
Old 06-03-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
You must be runnin ozonics in that ground blind to be able to get that close!!!
And the stealthiest exhaust money can buy. I'll post pics of the moose when I find them.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:47 PM
Gone Hunting

Soooo tame guys! Why no pictures of you heroes outside your machine petting them, calving them out maybe lol. How bout you super tough hombre's show everyone some photos of yourselves scratching the bellies of mountain grizzlys and thier cubs? They are just park bear, bloody pets boys. Anyone that is fooled into this bs you guys are pandering as the voice of the ultra informed, is either full liberal or perma pizt. Suppose a polar bear is for non hunter losers, or ice flow walrus, or, or, and the list goes on. Pretty elite dudes for certain, though may need to give the left hand lettuce a rest and take a look around.
Edit Some pictures of a handful of quiet animals that run in and around the buildings does not make an program label as simple or easy, nor would or should it demean some of the actual real world problematic scenarios guys will likely face in attempting to access some of that inaccessible and wild ground. Like it or not, theres likey to be some boys in there that would make ladies like yourselves look like you need to be serving drinks in skirts at the hotel.

Keep a strain on er

Last edited by packhuntr; 06-03-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Soooo tame guys! Why no pictures of you heroes outside your machine petting them, calving them out maybe lol. How bout you super tough hombre's show everyone some photos of yourselves scratching the bellies of mountain grizzlys and thier cubs? They are just park bear, bloody pets boys. Anyone that is fooled into this bs you guys are pandering as the voice of the ultra informed, is either full liberal or perma pizt. Suppose a polar bear is for non hunter losers, or ice flow walrus, or, or, and the list goes on. Pretty elite dudes for certain, though may need to give the left hand lettuce a rest and take a look around.
Dude, you sure get worked up defending your pen shoots don't you?

Please post pics and the wonderful story of your great elk island park hunting adventure.....
Old 06-03-2017, 05:06 PM
Gone Hunting

Lolol! Well Kurt, bud you prob wont see me there, but i guaran-a-tee i wont be seen on here blowing off like a lunatic about the guys and gals that do go in there to square off with that areas game.

Keep a strain on er
Old 06-03-2017, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
blowing off like a lunatic
Old 06-03-2017, 05:38 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Oh bugger Kurt, does that mean you dont lose very well and we cant be friends now?

Keep a strain on er
Old 06-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh bugger Kurt, does that mean you dont lose very well and we cant be friends now?
No, I have no respect posers, I don't think you'd appreciate my company. That's why we won't be friends.

You winner you.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:52 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
No, I have no respect posers, I don't think you'd appreciate my company. That's why we won't be friends.

You winner you.
Lolol, Kurt, tell the bottom of the bottle on the table in front of you/your company, how everyone that debones and packs an elk, moose or buffalo outa that tangled up turf in there, is a just a poser lolol. Have a nice hangover bud!

Keep a strain on er
Old 06-03-2017, 05:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lolol, Kurt, tell the bottom of the bottle on the table in front of you/your company, how everyone that debones and packs an elk, moose or buffalo outa that tangled up turf in there, is a just a poser lolol. Have a nice hangover bud!
Hahaha......

By "company" I didn't mean other people in my house, i meant having me in your presence..... hahaha.

I see another reason we wouldn't get along. Maybe I should be drinking so I could dumb it down to where you could understand me.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:04 PM

Enough guys with the sideways remarks
Cat
Old 06-03-2017, 07:13 PM

I think it would be a pretty fun hunt with my long bow if you could go during the moose rut and call one in. I think it would definitely be a hunt that way.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:

Kurt, you sound like an anti-hunter, city boy fool to me.
I'd bet big money you'd get lost in Elk Island Park if you ever went hunting in there.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Kurt, you sound like an anti-hunter, city boy fool to me.
I'd bet big money you'd get lost in Elk Island Park if you ever went hunting in there.
Ninja, what I sound like to you means absolutely nothing to me. To be honest, I'd feel ashamed if we shared the same view.

I'm surprised you find your way home everyday.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorfanatic View Post
I'm confused, hunting an elk island elk in Blackfoot or Ministik is good or bad?
I'm not surprised that some here refuse to answer the question.

The same applies for Cypress Hills, Kananaskis and the K country parks, Willmore, and now the Castle.

Any experienced hunter knows how quickly animals change their tune when they become hunted.

The difficulty of the hunt is the least of the important factor here,
Most important is having hunting included as a legitimate wildlife management tool.

It is beyond me why some people here can't see that.....

Quote:

Any hunt can be part of a cull.
A cull does not have to include hunting.
This is such a silly point to have to make....

This is a Cull ( a purposeful population reduction) that may use Hunting as the mechanism to effect the reduction.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 06-03-2017, 11:26 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post

The same applies for Cypress Hills, Kananaskis and the K country parks, Willmore, and now the Castle.

Any experienced hunter knows how quickly animals change their tune when they become hunted.

Most important is having hunting included as a legitimate wildlife management tool.

This is a Cull ( a purposeful population reduction) that may use Hunting as the mechanism to effect the reduction.
Bravo, onward and upward

Keep a strain on er
Old 06-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ninja, what I sound like to you means absolutely nothing to me. To be honest, I'd feel ashamed if we shared the same view.

I'm surprised you find your way home everyday.
Sounds to us that nothing but your own ranting means anything to you. Whats your solution to the Elk problem?
Old 06-03-2017, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post

Wilber, I'll bite. what exactly is the question that no one will answer?
Old 06-03-2017, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sounds to us that nothing but your own ranting means anything to you. Whats your solution to the Elk problem?
Us? Mouse in your pocket?

My solution? Get rid of the excess animals. Have a draw and let people in there to kill them, with no preference to race or religion. If you're an Alberta resident, pay the draw fee and enter.

I'm not opposed to shooting the animals, but there is no way I consider shooting elk, or any animal for that matter in a pen, to be hunting. It's just killing animals because there's not enough food in the pen to feed them all.
I've hunted areas that have a relatively high number of animals, but never one so high that there is not enough food to feed them, not even close. That has to give you an idea of what the animal per square mile ratio is. If I were a betting man, I'd say the odds of filling your elk tag inside the fences of elk island park would be somewhere between 100%-100%, providing you actually show up.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Wilber, I'll bite. what exactly is the question that no one will answer?
It's right above walking buffaloes post. He quoted the question.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Us? Mouse in your pocket?

My solution? Get rid of the excess animals. Have a draw and let people in there to kill them, with no preference to race or religion. If you're an Alberta resident, pay the draw fee and enter.

I'm not opposed to shooting the animals, but there is no way I consider shooting elk, or any animal for that matter in a pen, to be hunting. It's just killing animals because there's not enough food in the pen to feed them all.
I've hunted areas that have a relatively high number of animals, but never one so high that there is not enough food to feed them, not even close. That has to give you an idea of what the animal per square mile ratio is. If I were a betting man, I'd say the odds of filling your elk tag inside the fences of elk island park would be somewhere between 100%-100%, providing you actually show up.
Good start Kurt. Couple posts back you were sneering at people that would hunt there, and now you say let them "kill" them if drawn. Make up your mind.
P.S... Kill is correct, but Harvest sounds better to the public and Anti's. We are not talking about gopher's here.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Good start Kurt. Couple posts back you were sneering at people that would hunt there, and now you say let them "kill" them if drawn. Make up your mind.
P.S... Kill is correct, but Harvest sounds better to the public and Anti's. We are not talking about gopher's here.
Man I wish you actually read and comprehended my posts.

FROM MY OPENING POST

I stated that anyone going in there for a trophy hunt isn't much of a trophy hunter, but if you're going in there to kill elk and fill the freezer, it's an excellent opportunity.

My view is that shooting animals in a pen is not hunting, but rather managing a herd.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Man I wish you actually read and comprehended my posts.

FROM MY OPENING POST

I stated that anyone going in there for a trophy hunt isn't much of a trophy hunter, but if you're going in there to kill elk and fill the freezer, it's an excellent opportunity.

My view is that shooting animals in a pen is not hunting, but rather managing a herd.
Kurt, quit digging. No one is talking about a trophy hunt, though I bet there are are a couple in there.
So, c'mon Kurt, tell us your plan on how to solve the problem of too many big game animal's in Elk Island Park? I am serious. Tell us your secret.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
It's right above walking buffaloes post. He quoted the question.
Whats the question???