Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-03-2015, 01:32 PM

Default CUPID Archery !

Not a joke ...at the time a quaility bow ...Made in Canada...In the Seventies

However they were in production for only a year...history is a little sketchy...The years on the bows I have researched were from 1975-1978

Not many know or have heard about Cupid Archery but is a part of bowhunting history...

years ago I have a gentlemen come in with an unmarked older bow he wanted to trade...not knowing what the bow was I told him any offer I made for such an old bow would be an insult to him...so I would keep it for a keepsake in the mancave or over the fireplace...

Shortly after I realized it was a cupid and am kicking my own butt...

they dont have a collectors value like the first generation compounds made by Allan or Jennings but do have a value

Want to find any Cupid bow or any info on Cupid Archery...I know its out there!!!

Neil
Old 03-04-2015, 09:28 AM

Neil I had one it was the first bow I bought I think around 1980. Had it for quite a few years then sold it to a bud in Brandon Manitoba. Think I was shooting about 68-70 pounds and recall it chronyed at 186 ft/sec mind you 2020 aluminums. My hunting buddy in Manitoba still has his hanging in his mancave. Took a lot of game with it, real quiet.

Gord
Old 03-04-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
Neil I had one it was the first bow I bought I think around 1980. Had it for quite a few years then sold it to a bud in Brandon Manitoba. Think I was shooting about 68-70 pounds and recall it chronyed at 186 ft/sec mind you 2020 aluminums. My hunting buddy in Manitoba still has his hanging in his mancave. Took a lot of game with it, real quiet.

Gord
Gord...interesting...talk to your buddy much?? lol

Neil
Old 03-10-2015, 03:15 AM

I had a Cupid 66" recurve, excellent target bow , it cost me 4 X7 arrows ie. 2 robin hoods . A Plastic-Fantastic turquoise riser and black limbs.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:47 PM

Default I have a Cupid

Been trying to find out a little history, but been unsuccessful.
The cupid I have is different from the three pictured here. Will try to get a picture up soon. Is anyone still following this thread or have found any more information?