Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-19-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHBATTEREDBEER View Post
For those who are ok with our current government,ask our seniors how their poverty life style is treating them,ask a soldier how they have been helped,ask a cancer patient how the "free" health care is treating them.Take a trip the Cross Cancer Center and ask those people if they truely feel like the docs/government are doing everything they can.The government is bringing in refugees when we can't even save our own.Ask these people what they get monthly to live and compare it to the above mentioned,our seniors have paid taxes for decades and are treated like dirt.Ask a street person about the help they get to achieve a better life.
My property taxes went up $300 and nothing has changed.Look into Panama and the incentives they offer for new comers.As far as safety in Mexico goes I have found it ok and I have been there 8 times.Try walking downtown Edm at 2am,you will change your mind.

http://panamainfo.com/en/advantages-...etiring-panama
Problem is money is not finite. Vote in Libs and NDP and taxes go up...jobs go down.

In society you can't give everyone everything. The balance is the give and take.

Canada has far better health care than the US. Our life span is longer. We pay far less in GDP towards it than the US. I know many that have gone through the healthcare system. Being sick is never easy however you can't throw glorious sums of money at it either...because it is no self sustaining.

In the healthcare world you need advocates helping you...watching for human error etc.

I will walk down any street in Edmonton and Calgary at any time of night. I would not do that on most streets in Mexico and many cities and towns not even during the day.

You seem to have a beef...making big hateful statements towards Alberta however I don't see it.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 07-19-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
You seem to have a beef...making big hateful statements towards Alberta however I don't see it.
agreed

you'll always be the victim if you live life like a victim
Old 07-20-2017, 12:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Problem is money is not finite. Vote in Libs and NDP and taxes go up...jobs go down.

In society you can't give everyone everything. The balance is the give and take.

Canada has far better health care than the US. Our life span is longer. We pay far less in GDP towards it than the US. I know many that have gone through the healthcare system. Being sick is never easy however you can't throw glorious sums of money at it either...because it is no self sustaining.

In the healthcare world you need advocates helping you...watching for human error etc.

I will walk down any street in Edmonton and Calgary at any time of night. I would not do that on most streets in Mexico and many cities and towns not even during the day.

It's a shame that a country like Panama is willing to offer more to our senior citizens than the country they fought for and paid 10's of thousands in taxes to.Refugees entering Canada get more help than those who fought for our freedom .Hateful statements or truthful? You decide.

http://www.carp.ca/2014/12/11/600000...-live-poverty/
Old 07-20-2017, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHBATTEREDBEER View Post
It's a shame that a country like Panama is willing to offer more to our senior citizens than the country they fought for and paid 10's of thousands in taxes to.Refugees entering Canada get more help than those who fought for our freedom .Hateful statements or truthful? You decide.

http://www.carp.ca/2014/12/11/600000...-live-poverty/
Find some current info and not from an advocacy group.

http://www.conferenceboard.ca/hcp/pr...y/poverty.aspx

Alberta doesn't have a poverty problem as we sit third in the world.

Great to be an Albertans eh.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 07-20-2017, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Find some current info and not from an advocacy group.

http://www.conferenceboard.ca/hcp/pr...y/poverty.aspx

Alberta doesn't have a poverty problem as we sit third in the world.

Great to be an Albertans eh.
Your 2013 data is somehow more current than his 2014 data?

How about ranking after May 5 /2015?
Old 07-20-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
Your 2013 data is somehow more current than his 2014 data?

How about ranking after May 5 /2015?
Data capture is 2013, 2014 & 2015

As the article mentions the update is expected this summer.

This is entirely comparable to his post.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmike68 View Post
Yup taxed to death so you can't afford to get married and have lots of kids or afford a house to live in. Government spends our taxes importing people of no benefit to Canada gives them welfare and pays them to reproduce like rats all while they contribute nothing. My hard earned money right into the the pocket of these parasites. Biggest transfer of wealth ever. We are unbelievably stupid to allow this.
Amen to this.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Data capture is 2013, 2014 & 2015

As the article mentions the update is expected this summer.

This is entirely comparable to his post.
From your article

Keep in mind, however, that the reference year for these data is 2013, prior to the commodity shock that hit resource-dependent provinces Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Newfoundland and Labrador. Thus, when more current data become available, the provincial rankings will likely change
Old 07-20-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
From your article

Keep in mind, however, that the reference year for these data is 2013, prior to the commodity shock that hit resource-dependent provinces Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Newfoundland and Labrador. Thus, when more current data become available, the provincial rankings will likely change
Agreed.