Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2015, 04:46 PM

Default Some good deals at WSS and some comments...

Hi guys:

Just picked up some reels at WSS Edmonton south 40% off. A few reels left at a 40% discount, plus some rods 50% off, and fly tying materials at $1.

Fly selection is atrocious, and has been that way for months. Apparently, they are transitioning the fly shop section, rumor has it they're going to carry Orvis starting sometime in April, and the target date for decent selection of flies is June (new supplier??).

Wish the upper level mgmt or owners would take their fly fishing section more seriously. They do carry some good stuff, and, in previous times their selection of materials has been decent. Let's hope this shake-up produces good results.

Still loyal to their competitors, especially TFH, and I hate how Cabelas discriminates against Canadian customers by completely segregating the US and CDN operations. I shop at WSS because it's so close, but its' not my #1 choice when I can overlook location and convenience.

Anyways, heads up if you wanted a serious look at some deep discounts on select items.

Smitty