Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-03-2009, 11:27 AM

Default bill c- 391 long gun registry

This bill is going through the chamber nov,3 and 4 and is a private member bill. Check and see how your local M.P. is voting on this bill ( this is a free vote)to dismantal the long gun registry, if he is vote against your wishes you might want to talk to them or vote for someone else.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:46 PM

In Alberta the only MP who might be an issue should be Linda Duncan (NDP - Strathcona). It would be worth hammering her with faxes/e-mails as it is too late for snail mail - just don't be rude - it doesn't do us any good. Having said that she hasn't answered any of the letters I've sent her way recently.... Traditionally parties permit a free vote on Private Member's Bill's but I'm curious to see how "free" it will be (fax and e-mail Ignatieff and Layton - it's their final decision). I'm hoping that enough Lieberal's and NDP's stay home with the flu that it passes this vote. From all I've gleaned the difficulties will arise when 391 goes into committee - many are worried that it will stall there and ultimately die at the next election call. However the first hurdle is to pass the vote tomorrow.