Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-27-2017, 03:45 PM

Congratulations TC, very nice!
Old 06-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Banned

Cool piece! Congrats
Old 06-27-2017, 04:22 PM

Thank you gentlemen, I'm pretty pleased about getting my favorite revolver, in a very rare Alberta edition, with Ivory and Gold....just plain tickled to be honest!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-27-2017, 04:27 PM

That's gorgeous.
I'm glad it's in Alberta where is belongs.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:54 PM
Banned

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Well, if I can get Photobucket to cooperate, no more teasing today.....for your examination and delight, I'd like to present you with a very, very rare Colt Python. It is a Canadian Provinces Edition, and happens to be Alberta! It was originally shipped to Arkansas, ended up in Ontario, and then BC, and now it is finally where a museum piece like this deserves to be, in Alberta! A brief description:

1979 Colt Python, Blue
Factory Engraved
Ivory Grips (yes, real pre ban Ivory) Ivory patch box, screw driver, oiler and brush, in French Walnut presentation box.
Sights outlined in Gold, Province of Alberta outlined in gold on unfluted cylinder, gold Maple Leaf on right side of frame, Canadian Provinces Edition on barrel in gold.

I have letter from Colt coming with it. Trying to verify actual production on this has turned out to be very difficult, it is not even listed in Kelly's book, suffice to say...very rare. A couple speculations on the order of 50 or less. No idea if any others are in Canada, but no more will ever come to Canada because of the Ivory Ban.

Of course, unfired in original presentation box with all paperwork and the Colt Archives letter of authenticity. Without further ado.....here she is boys and girls!
(these are pics from seller, I obviously don't have it quite yet....)

So, was it worth the tense waiting? You betcha!
Old 06-27-2017, 05:00 PM

Very nice.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:07 PM

Springfield 45 long slide from terminator 1

Ya bad guess
Old 06-27-2017, 09:08 PM

My guess was way wrong

WOW !!!!

Congrats man !!

Happy your happy

Berta !
Old 06-28-2017, 05:32 AM

A very nice (and rare) piece indeed! Congratulations! I wouldn't shoot it either. It's not meant to be shot.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:15 PM

Thanks Heybert.

It's in the mail, hopefully I get it by Friday. I'm going to get in touch with Colt next week when I have a day off, and see if I can get some actual production numbers on the Province Editions, specifically Alberta. Hopefully they can provide real numbers.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-28-2017, 08:02 PM
Banned

Very cool gun. Nice find!
Old 06-29-2017, 05:03 PM
Banned

Beautiful. It truly belongs in Alberta.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:14 PM

What a beauty!
Old 06-29-2017, 09:53 PM
Banned

Default 🔫

Colt Python, by far my favourite hand gun, but this, is something entirely else, wow, that just takes it to a level that I was totally unaware existed, makes all them fancy desert eagles look like cheap pieces of junk in comparison, enjoy fonldling it, I know I would! Can't even be jealous, it's beyond that, with all that said, is there anyone on this forum who has a piece that is in the same galaxy as this Colt? Very happy for your "find", congratulations!!
Old 06-29-2017, 10:10 PM

Thanks Wildbill, bat, gitrdun and Rugs....I couldn't not get this one when I saw it. When it gets here, I will take a couple more glamour shots, and post them up.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:35 AM

Well, thanks for that photobucket.....what a pot of smelly tripe they have become.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well, thanks for that photobucket.....what a pot of smelly tripe they have become.
Photobucket has really become undesirable. I've switched to Postimage.org and haven't looked back.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:34 PM

Default pics back up!!

Last edited by catnthehat; 06-30-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:09 PM

Thanks for that Cat. I'm going to have to learn a new system, and delete my Photocorrupet account....those pirates want $400 a year to host my photos? Bwahahahahaha!

Old 06-30-2017, 06:18 PM

Seriously? I put these up from photobucket , I never paid $400!!
Cat
Old 06-30-2017, 06:23 PM

Really Cat? I had them posted from photobucket, they were up for a day or so and then they hit me with the 3rd party posting nonsense up there...wonder how long before they hit you too, it's going around apparently!

Old 06-30-2017, 09:41 PM

Awesome gun TC! Congrats!
Old 06-30-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
Colt Python, by far my favourite hand gun, but this, is something entirely else, wow, that just takes it to a level that I was totally unaware existed, makes all them fancy desert eagles look like cheap pieces of junk in comparison, enjoy fonldling it, I know I would! Can't even be jealous, it's beyond that, with all that said, is there anyone on this forum who has a piece that is in the same galaxy as this Colt? Very happy for your "find", congratulations!!
Yes me

Cement Bench

Gun is one of a kind !
Old 07-06-2017, 08:14 PM

Well Cat, looks like they got your Photocorrupt account too! Not sure if I'm going to go through the trouble to post them up again.

I had a chat with Paul down at the Colt Archives today. I had left him a voice mail with some information on my Python, and serial number, looking for actual production numbers. He called me back in less than ten minutes and seemed quite pleased/interested/excited about my gun, and told me that there were precisely 12 Canadian Province Edition Pythons done in 1979. He could not say for certain that there was only one Alberta done (yet), but given that there are ten provinces, and in 1979 there were only two Territories, and that the former owner of this gun has seen pictures of the N.W.T. gun.....it would stand to reason that the series of 12 guns covers the provinces and territories. One of each. There are definitively no more than 12 altogether of the Province guns, and I can't see Colt making a couple Alberta guns and skipping, say, Quebec..... They have too much class for something that dumb.

So Paul is going to do a bit more research, and they will give me an amended archive letter to go with the one that came with the gun from Feb. 1980, with information regarding production number of series.

Looks like this is not just the only one in Canada, it is the only one period. Now I'm way happier to have it in Alberta where she belongs! I'd love to know the story of how it went from Arkansas to Ontario, and stops in between, and where the other 11 in the set are. But very content to have the one and only Alberta edition.

Oh, and Cement Bench....can we see your one of a kind too please? I love beautiful guns. Only if you want to, no pressure. Pretty please.....

Old 07-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Banned

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cement Bench View Post
Yes me

Cement Bench

Gun is one of a kind !
Quote:
Well Cat, looks like they got your Photocorrupt account too! Not sure if I'm going to go through the trouble to post them up again.

I had a chat with Paul down at the Colt Archives today. I had left him a voice mail with some information on my Python, and serial number, looking for actual production numbers. He called me back in less than ten minutes and seemed quite pleased/interested/excited about my gun, and told me that there were precisely 12 Canadian Province Edition Pythons done in 1979. He could not say for certain that there was only one Alberta done (yet), but given that there are ten provinces, and in 1979 there were only two Territories, and that the former owner of this gun has seen pictures of the N.W.T. gun.....it would stand to reason that the series of 12 guns covers the provinces and territories. One of each. There are definitively no more than 12 altogether of the Province guns, and I can't see Colt making a couple Alberta guns and skipping, say, Quebec..... They have too much class for something that dumb.

So Paul is going to do a bit more research, and they will give me an amended archive letter to go with the one that came with the gun from Feb. 1980, with information regarding production number of series.

Looks like this is not just the only one in Canada, it is the only one period. Now I'm way happier to have it in Alberta where she belongs! I'd love to know the story of how it went from Arkansas to Ontario, and stops in between, and where the other 11 in the set are. But very content to have the one and only Alberta edition.

Oh, and Cement Bench....can we see your one of a kind too please? I love beautiful guns. Only if you want to, no pressure. Pretty please.....
yes
Old 07-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Really Cat? I had them posted from photobucket, they were up for a day or so and then they hit me with the 3rd party posting nonsense up there...wonder how long before they hit you too, it's going around apparently!
Glad I got to see the pics before photobucket kicked the bucket. (never did like those clowns).

Also, very cool that you likely have the ONLY one made. Nice find and nice get!
Old 07-06-2017, 10:58 PM

Is there some way to get the pictures back up? I'm dying to see this one.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:56 AM

CRAP!!
That is absolutely shocking!
On thee other hand,, a for real one of a kind Colt is also absolutley shocking but in a good way!!
Cat
Old 07-07-2017, 02:36 PM

Ok, I found a picture of this beautiful masterpiece on this site:

http://www.gunvaluesboard.com/i-have.....-479024.html

Very, very nice. Being from Manitoba, I wonder where the Manitoba one is sitting.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Banned

I too got a glimpse of it before photobucket came up with their changes. It's beautiful, it's extremely rare. If there is only one ever made, it's beyond rare, it's UNIQUE. I don't know what you paid for it, but I imagine a fair amount since you had to part with a few other of your prized handguns. I'll bet you that acquiring that revolver is a better investment than most stocks. Make sure to include a pair of white cotton gloves when admirers want to hold it. And be choosy about "whom" holds it.

Last edited by gitrdun; 07-07-2017 at 05:59 PM.