Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-30-2010, 06:49 PM

Default Gonic Muzzleloader Sabots

Does anyone know where one can get sabots for a Gonic magum 50 cal? Diameter is .500. Having trouble sourcing as Gonic went out of business several years ago.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:43 PM

We managed to locate the current owner of the tooling required to mold these sabots and made a deal with him to do a run for us. They are here and ready to ship.

Gonic sabots can be purchased two ways. Packages of 50 sabots only for $10. We will also be offering our .44 caliber Dead Center 300 grain and QT .44 caliber 300 grain bullets packaged in Gonic sabots ready to remove from the package and push down the bore for the same price as our regular packages. All quantity discounts also apply.

Questions, call Cecil on the toll free order / information line.

Toll Free Information & Order Line

1-8778-BULLET
Posted 11/07/2007

Return to Precision Rifle
http://www.prbullet.com/
Old 10-30-2010, 10:35 PM

Will do. Thank you!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 04:00 PM

I have used MMP orange (meant for .458) and loaded .452 bullets in my 93. Works fine with and average of just under 2" @ 100
Old 10-26-2012, 07:08 AM

Yes I know this is an old thread but I figured I would bump it with my experiences with these Gonic sabots.

Being new to the world of muzzle loaders and after years of swearing never to get into it figured I just didn't have time I finally took the plunge by buying a Gonic 50cal mag muzzle loader barrel/stock set for my Contender carbines.

It came with a few 465gr Gonic slugs but not enough to last for long after finding out about these sabots and that they take .429" bullets and me having a bag full of .429 bullets but had sold my 44 mags I ordered 500 of these Precision Rifle sabots.

Other than being a bit tight pushing into the bore I find them to be very accurate I am averaging 2" or better 100 yard 3 shot groups.

I'm heading out hunting coastal blacktail deer with it in the next week or so look forward to taking my first deer with a muzzle loader.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Other than being a bit tight pushing into the bore I find them to be very accurate I am averaging 2" or better 100 yard 3 shot groups.
Myself and a friend owned Gonic rifles many years ago, and we sold them off because when it got very cold at Wainwright one year, we had to resort to a wooden mallet to get the bullets down the bore. It wasn't all that bad in warm weather, but it just wasn't worth the effort in cold temperatures.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:29 PM

I'm thinking that I will probably never have to deal with that issue never gets even remotely as cold here in the Fraser Valley as you get there so hopefully I will never have to deal with that issue.

By the way my original Gonic 465gr lead slugs are no issue pushing in just don;t have to many of them.