Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-05-2009, 10:30 PM

Default Anybody selling Target Recurves and Accessories?

I'm looking into getting a recurve now for target archery. I have a compound already but I want to use that for hunting or 3D.

Right now I'm looking at the Hoyt Eclipse. Decent recurve at an affordable price (roughly $300 for the riser). Anybody here selling their target recurves or any accessories? I am looking for newer models, probably earliest 2008.

Also, does anybody have any suggestions or advice to a budding recurve archer? That would be great thanks
Old 12-06-2009, 01:40 AM

Default Recurve Archery

I would advise a newcomer to purchase a light weight bow for training and shooting indoors. I shoot 34 lb limbs in the winter with xx75 aluminum arrows. In the summer I switch to 38 lb limbs with x10's to reach the 90 meters. It is best to join a club that has some established recurve shooters or coach to help on technique or form otherwise it can be very frustrating. Don't let the salesmen convince you to buy your outdoor limbs when you are just starting buy a cheep set of fiberglass wood limbs untill you get a good grasp on your form.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Banned

I don't know much about recurves...i'll speak to Al at the C.A.C they have all the gear for making stick bows. They have TONS. I'm sure you can find one for a good price.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:27 PM

Default Thanks

Yeh I visit the C.A.C. frequently so you don't have to go into the trouble of asking him for me. I already talked to them about a bunch of target recurve equipment. So far its gonna cost quite a bit. Depending on which riser I decide to buy its either gonna be $300 to $750 for a riser, 300 for limbs, 50-100 for rest, 50 for release, 150 for a case, 100 for dozen arrows, 119 for quiver. But of course this is all almost top of the line stuff so I can go cheaper if need be.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt.Eric View Post
Yeh I visit the C.A.C. frequently so you don't have to go into the trouble of asking him for me. I already talked to them about a bunch of target recurve equipment. So far its gonna cost quite a bit. Depending on which riser I decide to buy its either gonna be $300 to $750 for a riser, 300 for limbs, 50-100 for rest, 50 for release, 150 for a case, 100 for dozen arrows, 119 for quiver. But of course this is all almost top of the line stuff so I can go cheaper if need be.
if you want top of the line stuff look at win win stuff risers are upwards of 1500+ limbs are 1200+

a cheaper option is to buy the KAP which is the little brother company to win win and they are really reasonable.

Another option go to archery talk and look at the fita section they have a buy and sell thing and the prices are pretty good on some of the things that you can find in the buy and sell.

look at samick bows they are all ILF limbs and are some great looking bows also

I am currently building a custom on of a kind fita recurve the limb pockets alone are worth 500 so hope it works out well
Old 12-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
if you want top of the line stuff look at win win stuff risers are upwards of 1500+ limbs are 1200+

a cheaper option is to buy the KAP which is the little brother company to win win and they are really reasonable.

Another option go to archery talk and look at the fita section they have a buy and sell thing and the prices are pretty good on some of the things that you can find in the buy and sell.

look at samick bows they are all ILF limbs and are some great looking bows also

I am currently building a custom on of a kind fita recurve the limb pockets alone are worth 500 so hope it works out well
Wow...in all the years i have bow hunted i've never gotten into recurves. I had no clue they were that expensive!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntAB View Post
Wow...in all the years i have bow hunted i've never gotten into recurves. I had no clue they were that expensive!
My wooden longbow I have here is worth 1100US and it is strictly made out of some very nice woods. Really depends on what a person is looking for in a recurve, anywhere from 150 to the skies the limit on prices
Old 12-10-2009, 10:16 PM

Here is a tournament king made by Jack Kempf, it's a great bow.
I have him build it for my father , who has since gone to quieter ranges.
he could really shoot this bow!

Cat
Old 12-10-2009, 10:17 PM

Check the Fita forum on Archerytalk, it has a lot of good info. There's some good gear out there, although Hoyt makes a great bow, their limbs aren't necessarily as ILF compliant as they're supposed to be.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
My wooden longbow I have here is worth 1100US and it is strictly made out of some very nice woods. Really depends on what a person is looking for in a recurve, anywhere from 150 to the skies the limit on prices
Hmmm...guess i should try a few.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:24 PM

Ask Dennis at www.git-r-donearchery.com for prices on the FITA gear you want.

If you want to import it yourself use Lancaster Archery http://www.lancasterarchery.com/index.php?cPath=22_509

Look at the Samick line. It has a habit of taking Gold in the Olympics.

Pete

Last edited by petew; 12-11-2009 at 07:29 PM.