Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-29-2010, 10:09 AM

I recently retired my old 12ga for a CZ Ringneck 20ga. Great looking gun & it's a killer.

*edit* If I had the cash i'd buy a Weatherby SxS in a heartbeat

Last edited by BigT; 03-29-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:36 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Danged near bought an Orion few years back, nice shotguns .
Cat
Ya it sure is. Same can't be said about their new pumps and autos. Not sure what they were thinking putting their name on the crap. Pretty sure the Orion is just a rebranded SKB.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Ya it sure is. Same can't be said about their new pumps and autos. Not sure what they were thinking putting their name on the crap. Pretty sure the Orion is just a rebranded SKB.
When Weatherby introduced a side-by-side shotgun in 2001, it was a well made, quality gun at an attractive price. Unfortunately the Spanish manufacturing company wasn't able to produce the guns in the quantity Weatherby needed.

Weatherby believes there is a need for a traditional, high-quality double gun distributed and supported by an established American company. The search for a maker led to Italy and the well-established and respected firm of Fausti Stefano.

"We were looking for a gunmaker with the same passion for fine guns and commitment to quality our customers expect from Weatherby," commented Brad Ruddell, vice president of sales and marketing. "We found the company we were looking for in Fausti Stefano."

It Looks like Fausti is making their o/u and sxs not sure if they are building there pumps and semi's though. Be careful what you say sheep i think cat has a Fausti on order. He probably did'nt know that he could have just walked into the gun store and bought a Weatherby Athena.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:20 AM
sheephunter

LOL...they definitely aren't building their pumps and autos. They are coming out of some factory in Turkey. When you are selling a pump for under $150...it's definitely not a Fausti...lol My Orion is pretty old and it looks for all the world like an SKB.

Still some of the prettiest women in the shooting sports though...and I'm sure they have the resourses to support me in a lifestyle I'd like to become accustomed to! I could shoot a Fausti...if I had to
Old 03-29-2010, 11:40 AM

Love my Cortona O/U. Beautiful wood and fits nice. Priced right for an Italian made shotgun.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorr View Post
Love my Cortona O/U. Beautiful wood and fits nice. Priced right for an Italian made shotgun.
The Cortona is made by FAIR, and is on a par with their LX600.
Good guns, for sure.
Outdoor Essentials up here has one of four left that he grabbed , and at the price he wants I doubt if that will last long either.
Cat
Old 03-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Banned

Cooey Model 37 Buzzard Grade.

I don't have to worry about what I reload and shoot out of it, and I think those barrel bulges add a bit of character.

Although it is meant to shoot 3 inch shells, It will handle 31/2 inch loads no problem....all you have do is take along a ball pene hammer and pound them in the chamber.

The gut fits and shoots like a custom Perazzi, and I am sort of getting tired of shooting those straight 100's in International skeet and trap with.

As for repairs, this gun is known for not ever having to be repaired because of such high quality K-gun type technology applied to it.
Warranty's repairs and welded add ons are handled by Chester Buchanasky's Blacksmith and Plow Share Shop in Mundare Alberta, next to the Kobasa factory.

The engraving beats on the Model 37 beats anything you see coming out of Italy, and has a Buzzard etched on each side of the receiver filled with Bonanza Gold.

The wood has been dressed up with a dark felt pen, just like the Weatherbys of the 1970's

This one holer shotgun also has other versatile purposes.
It be used to pound fence posts, be a canoe paddle, or jack up those troublesome rocks and stumps in the field while you apply stumping powder.

Really, I can't see why anyone would want to own any other shotgun.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
I don't have to worry about what I reload and shoot out of it, and I think those barrel bulges add a bit of character.

Although it is meant to shoot 3 inch shells, It will handle 31/2 inch loads no problem....all you have do is take along a ball pene hammer and pound them in the chamber.

having to be repaired because of such high quality K-gun type technology applied to it.
Warranty's repairs and welded add ons are handled by Chester Buchanasky's Blacksmith and Plow Share Shop in Mundare Alberta, next to the Kobasa factory.

Thanks for the chuckle!!
Cat
Old 03-30-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfy View Post
It Looks like Fausti is making their o/u and sxs not sure if they are building there pumps and semi's though. Be careful what you say sheep i think cat has a Fausti on order. He probably did'nt know that he could have just walked into the gun store and bought a Weatherby Athena.
Uh, I don't think the Weathrby guns are QUITE the same style as I have on order!!
Fausti actually builds OEM guns for many outfits around the World, it is one way they stay alive and have not been taken over by the big corporations like Berreta.

Cat
Old 03-30-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Uh, I don't think the Weathrby guns are QUITE the same style as I have on order!!
Fausti actually builds OEM guns for many outfits around the World, it is one way they stay alive and have not been taken over by the big corporations like Berreta.

Cat
No doubt, you will have to post a pic of that beauty when it comes in
Old 03-30-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfy View Post
No doubt, you will have to post a pic of that beauty when it comes in
Hopefully after the Spring gun show!
Cat