Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2021, 12:05 AM

Default Close to city trail cam pic. Not common.

These trail cam pictures were taken within a couple miles from Devon. Nice to see nearby. I know there are a few fishers just east of Sherwood Park but have never seen one near Devon. I learned from the the land owner of where the cam was has had a fisher come through a couple years ago too. Just thought I would mention it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fisher1.jpg (82.1 KB, 538 views)
File Type: jpg fisher 2.jpg (80.6 KB, 408 views)
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 01-24-2021, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
These trail cam pictures were taken within a couple miles from Devon. Nice to see nearby. I know there are a few fishers just east of Sherwood Park but have never seen one near Devon. I learned from the the land owner of where the cam was has had a fisher come through a couple years ago too. Just thought I would mention it.
Fishers have made a remarkable comeback in the last decade. I see them often never mind trail cam pics. I’m not sure if it’s curiosity or fearless but they will often eyeball you for awhile. Probably sizing up dinner, for now they still leave me alone lol

And don’t forget anything close to river systems see all kinds of wildlife we don’t know is around. Nice pics
Old 01-25-2021, 03:02 PM

We constantly get lots of fisher pictures on our trail cams around lake isle There is good population in that area.Buddy had something breaking into his garage and set live trap and caught large fisher in it which was relocated away from house
Old 01-25-2021, 04:30 PM

Saw a fisher in Elk Island Park a couple of weeks back. Cool to see.
kidd
Old 01-25-2021, 05:39 PM

A few years ago out by barrhead I was rattling and calling deer hiding in a old brush pile ! One walked almost over my left shoulder on a overhanging log!! Good test to the ticker and never seen one before that, I thought it was a cat!! lol
Old 01-25-2021, 05:53 PM

Have seen a couple of them multiple times over the last 5 years or so north of Devon across the river. Really neat critters.

They can have a bit of an attitude sometimes though. Had one come sauntering down a trail when I was guiding a moose hunter up west of Fawcett and the furry little bundle of claws and teeth almost jumped into the hunters lap. That led to a bit of excitement for him and a good chuckle for me.