Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-23-2021, 01:40 PM

Default Patrick lainie trade

Which team do you think won this trade? I think Columbus. It should of been a one for one trade. Lainie for dubois. But the jets gave them roslovic to.
Old 01-23-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senderomag View Post
Which team do you think won this trade? I think Columbus. It should of been a one for one trade. Lainie for dubois. But the jets gave them roslovic to.
I Believe a 3rd rounder was included?
One thing is Roslovic had to be resigned and he wanted out, Lainie also needs to be signed this summer.
That being said goal scorers like Lainie don't come around very often.
Both shown to exhibit some prima dona attitudes at times as well.
Will be interesting to see Torts work with Lainie
Old 01-23-2021, 02:05 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2021, 02:35 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

that explains why he wasn't playing....had him in my weekly picks in the hockey pool...dam cost me big time!!!!!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-23-2021, 02:45 PM

Kind of disappointing as a Jets fan but he was a whiny little you know what but a great sniper

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2021, 02:50 PM

I guess neither of them will be playing for at least 2 weeks

Old 01-23-2021, 03:13 PM

I have a feeling both guys still want to be traded.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:42 PM

I think I pick Winnipeg over Ohio

Old 01-23-2021, 04:00 PM

jets retain 26 per cent of Laine's contract to match the salary . still think blues jackets won this trade .
Old 01-23-2021, 04:28 PM

Sure won’t miss Laine sniping us lol
Old 01-23-2021, 04:44 PM

Laine is an RFA at season's end. He won't wanna stay in Columbus and he'll want 8 plus. They'll never pay that. They wouldn't pay Bobrovsky or Panarin. They're too small of market for that kind of cash. Columbus is a place no one wants to stay. If he hated playing for Maurice, he's not gonna enjoy his time with Tortorella either. He'll have to learn to back check and play in the corners. Laine wants star power and to one on the top line. He's gonna get that but he'll have no one to play with. But you never know how guys click together on a team. I doubt he'll sign another bridge deal in Columbus.
I suspect Dubois will stay in Winnipeg til his contract is up then sign elsewhere.
The pick Winnipeg got will help with another trade down the line. Short term, I think Winnipeg comes out on top. Another depth player at center, and he'll be deadly on the PP. Too bad they have to retain some salary but they're not in a cap pinch. Long term, I think Winnipeg comes out on top as well. If they have success this year, they could extend Dubois if he likes it there. If he still wants out, put him on your non-protected list and let Seattle have him in the expansion draft, and keep Connor. Same with Columbus, if Laine isn't a fit, put him on your non-protected list and keep the guys that want to be there. But this could benefit both teams as well. Keep both players, and let a 3rd of 4th liner or a lesser top 6 go in the expansion draft.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:08 PM

What's the over / under on Laine moaning about Torts as a coach?? May?
Old 01-23-2021, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
What's the over / under on Laine moaning about Torts as a coach?? May?
I'm gonna say mid February. Torts is a hardass, and Laine is a bit of a prima Dona.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-23-2021, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
that explains why he wasn't playing....had him in my weekly picks in the hockey pool...dam cost me big time!!!!!

Laine is a meathead, and glad he got traded to Columbia. No way he will mesh with Tort!

Winnipeg did just fine. Got a premier second line center in Dubois.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:24 PM

Laine might be another Taylor Hall, bouncing from club to club. He's a malcontent.

Gotta hand it to the Jets they know how to deal the dead wood. Evander Kane was another
Old 01-23-2021, 09:32 PM
Banned

I finally found the time to read a few articles to figure things out. Laine wanted out of Winnipeg and Dubois wanted out of Columbus so bad that he forced a trade by making no effort whatsoever in Thursday’s game......less than 4 minutes of play in the first period and benched for the second, third and OT.

What’s the story with Roslovic? Did he want out as well?

Based only on that, I’m going to say that it was a good deal for both teams. Future performances will of course determine who got the better deal.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:54 PM

If all things were equal Jets win that trade firstly because Dubois a centre, second he’s Canadian, last they have him locked up for an additional year.

All things are not equal. Dubois a much more complete player not even close.

Good luck in Columbus Patrick you won’t be able to hide on that roster.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post

What’s the story with Roslovic? Did he want out as well?
He did. He's a RFA who hasn't signed yet, so didn't show up for camp and hasn't played a game yet this year.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:47 PM

Great trade for Winnipeg. Dubois is going to fit in well.
Don’t think Laine will like playing for Torts. I think he’ll be wanting a trade by end of March.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:22 AM

The Jets became tougher with the trade, Laine a pure goal scorer for sure. I think trade was good for both teams especially if neither wanted to remain where they were.

Not sure why Laine didn't want to play for Winnipeg but if he didn't like his surroundings, good riddance. Why would you want to keep a disgruntled employee around?
Old 01-24-2021, 12:15 PM
Banned

Having Dubois father as an assistant coach for Manitoba Moose AHL team could bode well for having him sign with Jets longer term.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:45 PM

Both players wanted out so tough to call. Trades often show their value down the road in time. Remember 99 being traded ....... Messier wins MVP and OIL win cup. I know this is different.
Hard to find the pure goal scorer today as there are not many to be had. Lainie is one of them.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
Not sure why Laine didn't want to play for Winnipeg but if he didn't like his surroundings, good riddance. Why would you want to keep a disgruntled employee around?
I am sure it is a combination of knowing the Jets are probably not going to make it past a few rounds in the playoffs, and being in Winnipeg.
No matter how “interested” the fans are in the team, the city is still not the 1st choice for many people, especially someone from across the border.
Old 01-24-2021, 05:00 PM

Hope he finds Ohio more to his liking LOL

Old 01-24-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD111 View Post
I am sure it is a combination of knowing the Jets are probably not going to make it past a few rounds in the playoffs, and being in Winnipeg.
No matter how “interested” the fans are in the team, the city is still not the 1st choice for many people, especially someone from across the border.
Our city is not even the favorite for Canadians but he is a dual citizen originally from Quebec so I think we're an upgrade to that....plus the Jets are the best NHL team north of the border and we just got better...:sHa_shakesho ut:
Old 01-25-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
He's on the injured reserve list. Hes got time to rest now, he wont be playing until his quarantine is over
Old 01-25-2021, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
Our city is not even the favorite for Canadians but he is a dual citizen originally from Quebec so I think we're an upgrade to that....plus the Jets are the best NHL team north of the border and we just got better...:sHa_shakesho ut:
Got better....at center yes but lost a highly skilled goal scoring winger. Dubois will win faceoffs but wont consistently score 30+ goals a season. Both are RFA's so who knows if either will resign, paying less for dubois but retained some of laines salary, I'd call that a wash. And as for the best team north of the border? We will see how the season plays out, the North division will be fun
Old 01-25-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
Got better....at center yes but lost a highly skilled goal scoring winger. Dubois will win faceoffs but wont consistently score 30+ goals a season. Both are RFA's so who knows if either will resign, paying less for dubois but retained some of laines salary, I'd call that a wash. And as for the best team north of the border? We will see how the season plays out, the North division will be fun
Losing to the oil in the last second hurt last night and after the Canucks game which we should handle, we have the flames for 3 straight....our flame killer isn't here anymore and our new one wont be able to join in time....