Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-18-2018, 10:37 PM

Default Edmonton airport parking advice

Howdy all,

I will be flying out of Edmonton tomorrow due to a family emergency in Ontario. There were no reasonably priced tickets to fly out of GP, so Edmonton it is. I drove in today from Peace River with the wife and kids and wondering if anyone has any advice where I could park tomorrow for a reasonable price. The thing is, I am not sure for how long we will be away. It all depends on how my sister will be doing after the surgery. It could be a week, 2, 3 or even 4 weeks and I don't want to pay $10-30 per day, whatever it is they charge here at the airport.

I was even thinking to park somewhere on a street not far from the airport after dropping the family off and take a taxi back. Three things with this: 1. I don't know anything about Edmonton parking laws (e.g. if there is a limit on how long a vehicle can be sitting out on the street before being ticketed/towed even if there are no no parking signs; 2. someone calling the police because an unfamiliar vehicle is parked in front of their house for n-number of days (no need to stress people out and waste taxpayers' money); 3. I don't want to come back to broken into/stripped vehicle (though there is nothing special about it, just a stock 10-year old 4Runner).

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate any advice. This was a sudden thing (bought the tickets yesterday), so I did not have the time to do any research on this parking problem on my own. Hope some of you have something to recommend.

Thank you!

P.S. Good thoughts my sister's way would be even more appreciated, not that I necessarily believe in this kind of thing, but I will take anything.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:12 PM

We generally use Park & Ride which is on Airport Road just east of the QE2. They have a shuttle. Google their rates. Discount for AMA. Hope for best outcome for your sister.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:38 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Park2go....google it, on line lower rates etc

Hope all,works out for you.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-19-2018, 01:09 AM

I always use Airways Airport parking 2120 Sparrow Drive Nisku AB. Secure parking and 40 bucks a week. Comes with a free 24 hr 5 minute shuttle to the Airport. When u go there just pay at the desk tell them u are going for a week and they will give u a code and a ticket If u are longer just drop into the desk on the way back in and pay for the extra time. It's a flat rate of 40 per week.
Cheers,
Dave
Old 09-19-2018, 07:55 AM

If you stay a night t some of the airport hotels in nisku, some will let you park there.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
I always use Airways Airport parking 2120 Sparrow Drive Nisku AB. Secure parking and 40 bucks a week. Comes with a free 24 hr 5 minute shuttle to the Airport. When u go there just pay at the desk tell them u are going for a week and they will give u a code and a ticket If u are longer just drop into the desk on the way back in and pay for the extra time. It's a flat rate of 40 per week.
Cheers,
Dave
I've also had good luck with them. Best of luck to your sister, hope it works out for her. TC

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-19-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
If you stay a night t some of the airport hotels in nisku, some will let you park there.
I've done this as well, but they usually have a 7-10 day max allowed...

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-19-2018, 10:04 PM

Thanks for the replies guys and for the support. It is greatly appreciated.

Yes, a stay at the hotel usually allows one to park there for a week, though I did get away with two weeks a couple of times in Grande Prairie. Since my stay here is currently for an undetermined period of time, that was not an option.

I ended up using Dave's suggestion, Airways Airport Parking. I looked at all others as well and these guys seemed to provide the best rates. In addition to the weekly rate of $40, tax included, they also have a bi-weekly rate of $75 and a monthly rate of $110. Don't quote me on the monthly rate because my head is elsewhere, but I am pretty sure that's what she said. I went with the two weeks for now (you can't pay the two-weeks rate and then opt for the monthly if you need another two weeks or whatever). The lady also said that I will have to call before my two weeks are over and let them know if I need to stay longer (possibly pay over the phone, I am not sure). The shuttle was at our vehicle before I even took the luggage out and took us to the airport right away. Overall, very good experience so far. Maybe this will help someone else at a later point in time, so I wrote all the info I have about the place.

Thanks again for the support, guys.