Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-17-2018, 09:55 AM

Default Yellowhead County - Landowner Map

Hey, just giving everyone a 'heads up', I contacted the Yellowhead County office this morning (in Wildwood) to inquire about getting my hands on a copy of the landowners map - I was informed that both offices are out of maps and they will not be reprinting this year. Their supplier had a malfunction with the printer and it will not be replaced until at least January, they attempted to source out another map supplier but costs where too high.
The lady with whom I spoke was very apologetic, obviously not her fault. She said that they will do everything they can at their offices to help hunters find the information they are looking for about the county land.
The county website has a MuniSight map (https://app.munisight.com/Yellowhead....aspx?siteId=1) as a resource but personally I can't make heads or tails of that thing. As someone who hunts primarily on public land this site shows very little 'crown land' - maybe someone can help point me in the right direction? I am planning on doing some small game hunting later this month, I don't want to misstep and hunt where I should not be.

I promote environmental conservation.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:10 AM

Grab the public land or yellowhead ownership overlay for iHunter. The public land one is only $10/yr.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceadog View Post
Grab the public land or yellowhead ownership overlay for iHunter. The public land one is only $10/yr.
I use a flip phone...

If I had a smart phone that would be a great asset though.

I promote environmental conservation.