Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-06-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Anyone who breaks into my house, threatens my freedom and/or attempts to steal my property. Action will result in reaction. If it’s paper and talk I’ll ignore it like last time.

I’m perfectly happy to separate peacefully and politically. I truly hope it goes that way. Seen enough bodies, unlike a lot of tough talkers I know what that looks like and it’s terrible. But if they come, they will get dealt with.

Once ottawa legislates theft, they are no longer a legitimate government and have no authority.
I agree with protecting my castle, it will happen. I will not allow harm to come to my family.

Dealing with has to happen. Unfortunately separation won't.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-06-2019, 10:38 PM
Banned

Any semi auto ban will never work except for restricted firearms that the government knows that you have. Few will voluntarily turn in anything else just because the government tells them that they can’t own them IMO. Laws that can’t be enforced are merely suggestions. This will become similar to the Long Gun Registry bondoogle on a larger scale.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Any semi auto ban will never work except for restricted firearms that the government knows that you have. Few will voluntarily turn in anything else just because the government tells them that they can’t own them IMO. Laws that can’t be enforced are merely suggestions. This will become similar to the Long Gun Registry bondoogle on a larger scale.
Can anybody prove us all that the long gun registry was actually scrapped? Just wondering.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO CC View Post
Can anybody prove us all that the long gun registry was actually scrapped? Just wondering.
It wasn’t. The data still exists on every police computer. The pogrom was basically paused, in that we do not currently have to register. Worth noting that Harper (and Kenney) allowed this to take place - the cons aren’t our allies.

Bunch of traitors in uniform kept copies and an eastern judge decided he was above the law. Further proof that we do not have a legitimate government in Ottawa.

They all should be hanged for treason
Old 12-06-2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:
It wasn’t. The data still exists on every police computer. The pogrom was basically paused, in that we do not currently have to register. Worth noting that Harper (and Kenney) allowed this to take place - the cons aren’t our allies.

Bunch of traitors in uniform kept copies and an eastern judge decided he was above the law. Further proof that we do not have a legitimate government in Ottawa.

It was a ministerial order ignored by the RCMP....criminals do not follow laws.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:22 AM

Quote:

That data is totally useless now. Tens of thousands of non-restricted firearms have changed hands since the LGR was scrapped. The info is so out of date it would be of no use to anyone in terms of tracking purposes.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:

Not a single person i know who works for the RCMP has any access to the former gun registry on any computer they use. Can you support your information your telling us.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
Not a single person i know who works for the RCMP has any access to the former gun registry on any computer they use. Can you support your information your telling us.
That doesn't change the fact that those responsible, including a senior RCMP officer , lied about the registry information being destroyed.

https://torontosun.com/2017/06/15/th...c-755b979f6f5a

Quote:
despite assurances from politicians and top bureaucrats – including a senior Mountie – that the data was all destroyed, it turns out there are two copies left of the Quebec portion of the registr
So if they didn't destroy all of the data, how do we know that they don't also have copies of the rest of the data?
Old 12-07-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetail503 View Post
That data is totally useless now. Tens of thousands of non-restricted firearms have changed hands since the LGR was scrapped. The info is so out of date it would be of no use to anyone in terms of tracking purposes.
They'll still kick your door down.
We aren't dealing with reasonable, law abiding people anymore.
This is a police state.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
This is a police state.
And the day they do there will be blood shed. It is true the majority of canadians don't care but there are enough who do. It doesn't take many. I am truly starting to wonder and fear for the possible outcome if they really try to enforce this in its entirety and start "kicking in doors" as you say based solely on whether someone has a PAL.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
This is a police state.
Really? Where do you live that it is so horrible?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-07-2019, 01:08 PM

It will be a long process before it gets to raiding houses. Quebec has given auth to F&W to enforce registration there, haven't seen a figure as of late, but, it is still under 25% registered I believe. As Billy said, they are working on the buyback scheme, they have to get legislation thru parliament for that, and they have to get legislation to ban handguns in cities, and give the cities powers that provinces can't override, without provinces like AB & Ont telling them to pound salt. OIC's have to be carefully written not to go outside of what powers they have over those. He has been talking central storage in cities, that has to be legislated, funded and setup if he wants to do it. And the LIbs have to survive in Parliament as a minority, with the help of the NDP and the Bloc. Which they will get from them on this. Whatever opposition we can mount has to be in the east against the Libs, Bloc and NDP, and keep the Cons in line across Canada. We need to get thru to the Libs somehow. If you don't write and contact them, you have nobody but yourself to blame. I suspect the OIC's will include ALL autoloaders, with detachable mags, and possibly all guns with tubes or mags of more than 5rd capacity. At least for now, support the CCFR and CSSA, they are there, they are in their faces, perhaps with enough members and funding, they can accomplish something.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:42 PM

I think the whole situation has moved beyond the current form of politics. The eastern libs are oppressing us economically and when faced with backlash are now implementing a police state...the cons let it happen, kenney is assisting by importing more of their jackboots. The UCP and their eastern leader (he is not Albertan and was a card carrying liberal) as much as many on here like him for displacing notley, lied to us all.

Don’t see a resolution without a change in government structure, be that a real firewall or separation
Old 12-07-2019, 01:52 PM
Banned

Default worst thing fur us gun owners to do is panic ...

In the coming days / weeks Blair will annouce the gov't intention to BAN AR's and maybe some other scary black carbines like mini 14 's ect ...

they'll sit on this for a minimum two yrs, having appeased the urban vote.

By the time it gets around to implementation - the gov't will get defeated in a non-confidence situation.

... and by then Canadians will be ready to vote Conservative !

RELAX

... and don't voluntarily turn anything IN

TBD

PS ... justin will move on --- prolly to open arms within some UN body politic globalist board
Old 12-07-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
BS

They are lying, plain and simple. You either are lying or you are very gullible. They have been caught numerous times in the media discussing whether or not a non-restricted was registered

You aren’t the only one who knows people on the inside, I know from a first hand discussion their tactical team searches the registry before a raid. The person I talked to was very proud of the fact until I pointed out it was against the law...”um, ah, Er....I mean a License” riiigght. Sure

I got stopped in the bow zone with a moose and after checking my id the RC asked if I had any of MY firearms with me...to which I replied which ones do you mean? He got all red faced and mumbled something...I smiled and said no, just the bow, go ahead and look. Oh that’s ok you’re good and bailed. Hmmm.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:45 PM

I sold all my non-restricted firearms to a guy from Canmore. Quite the gentleman. Paid cash!
Old 12-07-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armorman View Post
I sold all my non-restricted firearms to a guy from Canmore. Quite the gentleman. Paid cash!
Yep, and his neighbor likely stole my previously registered AR.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Yep, and his neighbor likely stole my previously registered AR.
Must be Mike in Canmore. My dad and myself have sold him a lot of stuff.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:05 PM

So much about Mike from Canmore, does nobody know Doug from Pipesville? Or Barry from Garden Rd?
Old 12-07-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
BS

They are lying, plain and simple. You either are lying or you are very gullible. They have been caught numerous times in the media discussing whether or not a non-restricted was registered

You aren’t the only one who knows people on the inside, I know from a first hand discussion their tactical team searches the registry before a raid. The person I talked to was very proud of the fact until I pointed out it was against the law...”um, ah, Er....I mean a License” riiigght. Sure

I got stopped in the bow zone with a moose and after checking my id the RC asked if I had any of MY firearms with me...to which I replied which ones do you mean? He got all red faced and mumbled something...I smiled and said no, just the bow, go ahead and look. Oh that’s ok you’re good and bailed. Hmmm.
You got to be kidding me. They RCMP ERT searches the long gun registry before a raid? Maybe the restricted list. Maybe.
Do they look at who might live there and has a firearms licence. If they do is it a restricted licence? Then if so what restricted firearms do they own. That would be about as far as they would go. So your friend is either trolling you or they do not understand what they are actually doing.

As for the Officer pulling you over and being red faced. Supposedly he had access to the long gun registry in his car is funny. It is obvious you have no clue how their computers work.

The Officer more then likely thought you had a firearm due to having a moose in back.

You calling me liar or gullible is laughable. Your first hand discusssion could have been misleading, misinformed or outright BS just to further an agenda.

I know more then a few Officers, Staff and senior Officers. Serving and Ex. All on both sode of the fence about firearms They all seem to love people.like you who think they understand how the system works.
Even during the long gun registry the average Officer didnt have access to it with out being a hassle.
That officer pulling you over and doing a firearms check and knowing what firearm you owend is very funny.

Just to you know the more misinformatio ln spread is worse for our cause. But hey lets not check facts, lets spread first hand discussions.

Afterall this isnt Flash Point the tv show
Old 12-07-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
So much about Mike from Canmore, does nobody know Doug from Pipesville? Or Barry from Garden Rd?
Or mrs. Cosmoline ?
Old 12-07-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Really? Where do you live that it is so horrible?
The same province as you.
Where the rcmp have already kicked in every door of a town under evacuation, and taken all the guns they could find.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Where the rcmp have already kicked in every door of a town under evacuation, and taken all the guns they could find.
They didn't just do it in High River either. When Slave Lake burned they did some grabbing there too. My sister and BIL's home was one of first to burn. He was a licensed gunsmith, his big jewelers safe was one of the few things that survived, with some project guns and his restricted in it. The yellow legs spent over an hour (what someone who watched it claimed) cutting that thing open to grab his pistols, and all the 'projects' got dumped on the burned concrete slab, in the rain, to rust. Some rare priceless rifles in there. I have pictures. Apparently some homes that didn't burn had Firearms rescued out of them too, but that is anecdotal.

BIL finally got his handguns back, which were 'taken into custody for public safety' blah blah blah....and they were all damaged to some extent. Literally all just thrown into a box together, no care at all. He is still ****ed about it, and zero compensation either.

Those boys never miss a chance to disarm the people.

Look how that worked out...everywhere. Venezuela most recently.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-07-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Ken always bends over and takes it, in the most moral manner possible!
Old 12-07-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
You got to be kidding me. They RCMP ERT searches the long gun registry before a raid? Maybe the restricted list. Maybe.
Do they look at who might live there and has a firearms licence. If they do is it a restricted licence? Then if so what restricted firearms do they own. That would be about as far as they would go. So your friend is either trolling you or they do not understand what they are actually doing.

As for the Officer pulling you over and being red faced. Supposedly he had access to the long gun registry in his car is funny. It is obvious you have no clue how their computers work.

The Officer more then likely thought you had a firearm due to having a moose in back.

You calling me liar or gullible is laughable. Your first hand discusssion could have been misleading, misinformed or outright BS just to further an agenda.

I know more then a few Officers, Staff and senior Officers. Serving and Ex. All on both sode of the fence about firearms They all seem to love people.like you who think they understand how the system works.
Even during the long gun registry the average Officer didnt have access to it with out being a hassle.
That officer pulling you over and doing a firearms check and knowing what firearm you owend is very funny.

Just to you know the more misinformatio ln spread is worse for our cause. But hey lets not check facts, lets spread first hand discussions.

Afterall this isnt Flash Point the tv show
So the dishonorable liars that pulled off high river and slave lake stop at the restricted list when the have the rest hey? Sure. Dude listen to yourself.

Never said he had access in the car. Regarding the moose, he didn’t see it first as it wasn’t a traffic stop. Someone called in my truck being in a suspicious spot, (which it wasn't, caller turned out to be a known antihunter). By the time I got out of the bush to the truck with the moose, he knew who I was (license plate obviously) but also that I had a RPAL and from what I gathered from his reaction, my name had been run through the ILLEGAL registry. I didn’t have any restricted. So what was he talking about? You don’t believe it, that’s fine. I know what I saw and heard.

For whatever reason you seem to believe everything they tell you. That isn’t fact either. What can I say besides maybe consider the source? But then I doubt “our cause” is the same.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
For whatever reason you seem to believe everything they tell you. That isn’t fact either. What can I say besides maybe consider the source? But then I doubt “our cause” is the same.
If you doubt our cause isnt the same then I guess it isnt. Afterall i seem to believe things you know for fact.

Yes i am a firearm owner, yes my firearms are at risk of being taken if this OIC passes.
What i dont want to see is misinformation being passed along to cause fear. Which then causes emotional irrational behaviour. Then results in us law abiding firearm owners being lumped into a big group of hillbilly backwoods radicals. Ensures we loose any footing we have.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
If you doubt our cause isnt the same then I guess it isnt. Afterall i seem to believe things you know for fact.

Yes i am a firearm owner, yes my firearms are at risk of being taken if this OIC passes.
What i dont want to see is misinformation being passed along to cause fear. Which then causes emotional irrational behaviour. Then results in us law abiding firearm owners being lumped into a big group of hillbilly backwoods radicals. Ensures we loose any footing we have.
The emotional irrational behavior is being carried out by our government , not by firearms owners. They are spewing misinformation in an attempt to justify this nonsense.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:

Correct. This country is broken and I have no interest in any “footing” with the east. They are not a legitimate government. They do not represent us. Therefore, no authority. The sooner we drive that fact home with political, law enforcement and economic changes, the better.

No matter what you do or how you represent the issue, there are currently more votes and way more money on the other side. You’ll lose. There isn’t a way to win or even maintain our ownership in the current context.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
That is how Hitler was able to rise to power, and to start a world war that killed many millions. He was elected into power, and then was allowed to do as he pleased, with almost no opposition from his countrymen. They just stood by and watched.
Lol. Bit more to it than that.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Correct. This country is broken and I have no interest in any “footing” with the east. They are not a legitimate government. They do not represent us. Therefore, no authority. The sooner we drive that fact home with political, law enforcement and economic changes, the better.

No matter what you do or how you represent the issue, there are currently more votes and way more money on the other side. You’ll lose. There isn’t a way to win or even maintain our ownership in the current context.
Yes we need our own country, I have no interest in telling someone in Toronto how to live their live, and they have no business telling me how to live mine. Time to do our own thing, this talk of gun bans turns my stomach