Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
I would just like to thank all the members on this forum and others who voted Liberal this election and last.......Well done.... hope your happy and proud you could help with this charade.
X2
Old 12-13-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
My eyebrow is stuck 2" higher than the other one from reading that. Actually hurt to try and wrap my poor little brain around your thinking.

4 Military bases in Alberta, all Federal. 6 more out of Alberta and jets could be here in minutes.

The people's militia of Albertastan would be wiped out in minutes.

I am honestly amazed there have been no 'plots' reported. "The man acted alone" ifkwim.
Not that I disagree with you or trophy book; but I sometimes ponder what would happen. As a devils advocate I sometimes wonder how this horrible scenario would play out.

I wonder how many soldiers would want to raise a weapon against their neighbours, friends and family? Also as for the fighter jets they would be almost all but useless as it would be an underground guerilla warfare, not so much a frontline. Not to say there wouldn’t be strategic targets The military likely doesn’t want to bomb out entire city blocks to get rid of one or two rebels.

Like I said, not really in support, just curious how many defectors or insubordinates there would be.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybook View Post
People could band together and form the people's army of Canada and overthrow the current government in a heartbeat. I bet there would be little resistance
Good luck getting Canadians to take up arms against the government. They wouldn't even join in when the Americans took their land from the British. On the other hand, if you could unite Canadians to rebel against the government, I don't see the majority of our military , killing their friends and relatives, and fellow Canadians, to defend the government.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Fixed.

Once I was forced to relinquish a prohibited firearm, was allowed to take it to Milarm. It was a very nice Browning .25.
In hindsight I should have parted it out and handed them a welded up frame. I could have let a 6 year old try mig welding on it.

Milarm got a very nice little toy that day.

Ahhh the super deadly 25acp.... Canadian gun laws make no sense!
Old 12-13-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
My eyebrow is stuck 2" higher than the other one from reading that. Actually hurt to try and wrap my poor little brain around your thinking.

4 Military bases in Alberta, all Federal. 6 more out of Alberta and jets could be here in minutes.

The people's militia of Albertastan would be wiped out in minutes.

I am honestly amazed there have been no 'plots' reported. "The man acted alone" ifkwim.
Not that there will be an overthrowing of the govt in my life time but I don’t see Canada turning the military on it’s own people either.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
right??

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-13-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Not that there will be an overthrowing of the govt in my life time but I don’t see Canada turning the military on it’s own people either.
Civil wars happen.

Think the liberal voting eastern military would not follow orders?

I can't see separation, civil war or Gov't overthrown either. Still waiting for the flags to fly at half mast.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-13-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Civil wars happen.

I can't see separation, civil war or Gov't overthrown either. Still waiting for the flags to fly at half mast.
Following orders is one thing, killing their own countrymen is another. And just because a soldier is stationed in eastern Canada, doesn't mean that he doesn't have family or friends in the west. And many members of the military didn't vote liberal, some despise Trudeau, and wouldn't kill fellow Canadians for him.
Some would follow orders, but I believe that many wouldn't.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Canadian gun laws make perfect sense. For example, they've been trying to ban AR15's for 30 years because some nut shot up a campus with a Mini 14.

Gerry Burnie
Old 12-13-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I would just like to thank all the members on this forum and others who voted Liberal this election and last.......Well done.... hope your happy and proud you could help with this charade.
How does that make sense? This is a Alberta forum. We could count the number of members from the east on a couple of hands, and they probably voted con. Any liberal votes west of Winnipeg and East of Hope might as well been used as toilet paper ( not a bad idea). Any members of this forum irregardless of how they voted did not put a Liberal into Ottawa.

Just saying....
Old 12-13-2019, 10:29 PM

I think that those military style guns should be banned. At the very least they should be governed stricter. Who really needs them. I’m a hunter and they don’t do me no good.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino81 View Post
I think that those military style guns should be banned. At the very least they should be governed stricter. Who really needs them. I’m a hunter and they don’t do me no good.
And you'll be way more dead if someone shoots you with an AR15 in .223 than if they use a Remington 7400 in 30-06.

Gerry Burnie
Old 12-13-2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
And you'll be way more dead if someone shoots you with an AR15 in .223 than if they use a Remington 7400 in 30-06.
Sure, but why is some manic going to shoot just me with a 30.06? I’m sure that they would be able to take down many more using a military style semi automatic assault rifle. Listen. It’s my opinion. I have no use for the military looking semi autos. I’m a hunter and most will hunt with hunting rifles. Most will target shoot with the militia guns. But some might be inclined to do something stupid with the military style before my hunting rifle. It’s my opinion
Old 12-13-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
How does that make sense? This is a Alberta forum. We could count the number of members from the east on a couple of hands, and they probably voted con. Any liberal votes west of Winnipeg and East of Hope might as well been used as toilet paper ( not a bad idea). Any members of this forum irregardless of how they voted did not put a Liberal into Ottawa.

Just saying....
You question ...... Rhino 81 answers...
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:
say again lol
Old 12-13-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
This kind of thinking will have all firearms banned a lot faster.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:
I think all firearms except the police should be banned. I’m a Starbucks employee/university student. Lots of food at Safeway. No need for them....
Old 12-13-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
This kind of thinking will have all firearms banned a lot faster.
I’m not advocating for it. It’s my opinion and I just have no use for them
Old 12-13-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Would you kindly remove your self from the forum.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
I think that those military style guns should be banned. At the very least they should be governed stricter
You’d sign the petition if it was thrust at you...... lol.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
And that’s the attitude that’s going to get all guns banned, who says they’re just after the “military style” guns? It’s just a start, give it time and you won’t be allowed more then a single shot anything one day, and they’ll be registered. If we’re lucky.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Ah he's just trolling us.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Civil wars happen.

Pump the brakes.

Just thought I'd throw it out there that there is no such thing as an eastern or western or central military in Canada. Its all federal, there are just as many Albertans posted in Ontario and New Brunswick as there are Ontarians and New Brunswickers posted in Alberta.

For the record, I think by and large the overwhelming majority of CAF members are Conservative voters. The name Trudeau and Liberal are mocked on a daily basis on bases all across Canada. Sure there are liberals amongst the military but the vast majority vote blue, not red.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
I’m not advocating for it. It’s my opinion and I just have no use for them
Quite honestly I have no use for them either but I believe that those who like those things should be able to use them if, when and where they want. Just cause I don't like them doesn't mean they should be banned or controlled more.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
Quite honestly I have no use for them either but I believe that those who like those things should be able to use them if, when and where they want. Just cause I don't like them doesn't mean they should be banned or controlled more.
Ok, after a long discussion with a friend who owns several of said guns I agree. Banning them was not what I should have said. But those should be only be allowed to own them under a microscope.

Default Gun Ban Booze Ban

I think they should ban booze before they ban guns. Way more people die from alchol related incidents then firearms.

I am not a big drinker so no problem.

Ohh ya we saw how well banning booze worked in the USA in the 1920's I am sure firearms bans will work just as well.

Quote:
Stricter than what? I bet you don't even have an RPAL or know the current rules regarding restricted firearms because they're plenty strict already and the statistics bear that out. How many AR-15's have been used in homicides in Canada in 20 years (excluding police using police AR-15's on criminals).

One. Once. That's it. Epidemic, my azz. Probably more Canadians shot with Winchester 1894's in the past decade than with AR-15's, ever.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
Ah he's just trolling us.
I’m not trolling anyone. It’s my opinion and I was only stating that they serve no purpose other than target shooting. I will stay out of this one I guess as it’s a one sided fight and I really don’t care that much.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Stricter than what? I bet you don't even have an RPAL or know the current rules regarding restricted firearms because they're plenty strict already and the statistics bear that out. How many AR-15's have been used in homicides in Canada in 20 years (excluding police using police AR-15's on criminals).

One. Once. That's it. Epidemic, my azz. Probably more Canadians shot with Winchester 1894's in the past decade than with AR-15's, ever.
You might be right. I’m bowing out of this
Old 12-14-2019, 12:10 AM

Default Why?

Quote:
Ok, after a long discussion with a friend who owns several of said guns I agree. Banning them was not what I should have said. But those should be only be allowed to own them under a microscope.
Why is a person suddenly more deadly when they own a restricted firearm? Does owning an AR or Handgun magically make you a stone cold killer? If you arent going to break laws with a long gun why would it be any different with a restricted firearm?

Can you honestly tell me that you can do more damage with an AR then you could crashing a motor vehicle (doing 100km/hr) into a public space like a mall or amusment park?

There are no ways to make life safe. Its dangerous just getting up in the morning. I wish bad people didnt exist but unfortunately they do. Frankly its a small miracle that we have as safe a society as do.

Banning guns wont do anything to make it safer.

PS I dont currently own any restricted firearms but I will defend peoples right to own them till blue in the face. The type of firearm isnt the issue its the person using it.