Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-31-2020, 08:24 AM

Default Guided Canadian Hunts - Discounted Due to Covid

Thought some of you that are interested in hunting other Provinces might find this useful. Lower price is the discounted rate, the higher prices is the previously advertised price.

Quote:
Let's take a guess - if you're a Canadian outdoorsman or woman, we know how you feel. Proud that Canada is one of the most successful countries in terms of handling the COVID epidemic; concerned that with the border closures, the hunting industry may take a heavy blow as hunters from the US and other countries have to cancel their trips. But there's no cloud without a silver lining: these cancellations created a lot of awesome opportunities for you, to get that hunt that you always wanted at a good price, and to support Canadian outdoor industry too. Check out the best offers from Canadian outfitters on BookYourHunt!

Buck hunts deals and spots:

CANADA RES ONLY! Whitetail Deer Hunt / Saskatchewan, Canada Package price C$3,700 C$5,340 for 5 days,
1 hunter 6 Day Whitetail Manitoba / Manitoba, Canada Package price C$4,007 for 6 days
1 hunter CANADA RES ONLY WHITETAIL HUNT / Alberta, Canada Package price C$4,675 C$8,690 for 8 days,
1 hunter CANADA RES ONLY Rifle Moose Hunt / Alberta, Canada Package price C$6,011 C$12,700 for 6 days,
1 hunter CANADIAN RES ONLY Rut Elk Hunt '20 / British Columbia, Canada Package price C$7,000 C$10,000 for 4 days,
1 hunter Canadian Moose Rut Hunt 2020 / Alberta, Canada Package price C$7,747 C$9,360 for 6 days,
1 hunter 6 Day Rut Moose Hunt! Don't miss this! / Alberta, Canada Package price C$9,283 for 6 days
1 hunter Alberta Mule Deer 9 Day Rut Hunt! / Alberta, Canada Package price C$10,018 for 9 days
1 hunter
More hunts:
3 Day Waterfowl Manitoba / Manitoba, Canada Package price C$2,004 for 3 days
1 hunter UNLIMITED Wolf and Coyote Hunt / Alberta, Canada Package price C$5,336 C$6,680 for 6 days,
1 hunter Alberta Black Bear Fall Hunt / Alberta, Canada Package price C$5,610 C$6,420 for 6 days,
1 hunter CANADA RES ONLY! Mountain Goat / British Columbia, Canada Package price C$7,000 C$9,350 for 7 days,
1 hunter and 1 guest CANADA RES ONLY! Mountain Goat 2X1 / British Columbia, Canada Package price C$8,500 C$20,000 for 6 days,
1 hunter and 1 guest More Hunts in Canada

www.bookyourhunt.com website.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Thought some of you that are interested in hunting other Provinces might find this useful. Lower price is the discounted rate, the higher prices is the previously advertised price.
THANKS so the Alberta moose and mule deer hunts are not good for Alberta res ?
Old 07-31-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
THANKS so the Alberta moose and mule deer hunts are not good for Alberta res ?
I would guess they are if you have a Resident tag in the correct zone, but as you well know, you can't use the Alberta Guides allocated License unless you are a non-resident or non-resident Alien.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:21 AM

Okay I thought they might have just changed something thanks again

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Okay I thought they might have just changed something thanks again

There are no changes that I know of but it doesn't mean they weren't given special permission for this year due to Covid. Would only cost you a phone call to the guide to find out for sure. Let us know if there is in fact the ability to use outfitter allocations for this year by an Albertan.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:33 AM

Just texted one of my Outfitter Buddy's waiting to hear back

Old 07-31-2020, 02:05 PM

That's a deal? lmao they're going to have to do better then that!
Old 07-31-2020, 06:31 PM

Default Guided Canadian Hunts - Discounted Due to Covid

“”Residents who did not receive a Special Licence authorization through the draw process are now eligible to obtain a Special Licence hunting opportunity through the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society. This opportunity is in response to the financial hardship currently experienced by the lack of international travel due to current restrictions. Current licence restrictions still apply.””

Above is straight out of the new hunting regs, important changes section. Based on this I would assume that outfitters can use their allocations for Alberta residents for this year.

DR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRhunter View Post
“”Residents who did not receive a Special Licence authorization through the draw process are now eligible to obtain a Special Licence hunting opportunity through the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society. This opportunity is in response to the financial hardship currently experienced by the lack of international travel due to current restrictions. Current licence restrictions still apply.””

Above is straight out of the new hunting regs, important changes section. Based on this I would assume that outfitters can use their allocations for Alberta residents for this year.

DR

That’s the conclusion I came to aswell after reading that....what I wonder is do you have to hunt with the outfitter or a guide of his or can you just buy the “hunting opportunity”and go out on your own because as a resident you don’t need a guide...interesting times for sure.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRhunter View Post

DR

Interesting. I had a suspicion that might be the case. Obviously the guides got a heads up quite a ways in advance that this was happening. Also explains why the regs were late. All you guys that want to hunt Alberta Antelope and not wait 12 years have the chance to do it. I can't see any guide selling just the allocation but you won't know till you ask.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:46 PM

Well this is game changing other than I'm only working one week a month now and I've already got a BC elk hunt planned

Old 07-31-2020, 07:48 PM

Unfortunately it's only usable if you applied for the draw for Antelope which I did not this year s*****

Old 07-31-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately it's only usable if you applied for the draw for Antelope which I did not this year s*****

Be interesting to see if 999 counts as part of the special draw process. If not there is going to be a really limited pool of clients for the guides to draw from.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:

I read that statement, and I don't see where it states that you had to apply for the tag in the draw. My interpretation is that as long as you didn't draw a tag, you can use an outfitter allocation.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I read that statement, and I don't see where it states that you had to apply for the tag in the draw. My interpretation is that as long as you didn't draw a tag, you can use an outfitter allocation.
This.

-Billy Molls
Old 07-31-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
I read it two or three times and the intent really isn't very clear. Applied but didn't get, has not got a special license whether u applied or not. Could mean you just can't have two special licenses for the same animal. Could read it either way. Going to call fish and game on Tuesday for clarification.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:40 AM

Default Antelope

Those are pricey 3 day antelope hunts. $1600 per day.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
Those are pricey 3 day antelope hunts. $1600 per day.
If you want an Alberta goat it is 5 grand vs 14 years. Considering you can go to Africa for 7 days and a half dozen animals for the same price, plus air, no hunting in NA is cheap. Personally, most years u can go to wyoming, new Mexico etc pretty much every year, find far more and bigger animals and a lot lower price.

It is however not bad pricing by normal Alberta price points.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:41 AM

According to the currently posted Wildlife Act and Wildlife Regulations....

The Alberta government is breaking the law by allowing this allocation use relaxation.

Twice now in just a couple weeks F&W has bypassed the law and just done what they want. No accountability....

I was thinking that Nixon might be a good leader some day.

Now I see him as a potentially very dangerous politician, willing to do, allow his staff to do whatever they want.

F&W is acting like Trudeau and the Fed Liberals.

This is very troubling....

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 08-01-2020, 11:34 AM

Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
If you want an Alberta goat it is 5 grand vs 14 years. Considering you can go to Africa for 7 days and a half dozen animals for the same price, plus air, no hunting in NA is cheap. Personally, most years u can go to wyoming, new Mexico etc pretty much every year, find far more and bigger animals and a lot lower price.

It is however not bad pricing by normal Alberta price points.
I dont think the Antelope prices were reduced for Canadians by the looks of it? But i could be wrong. Unless your seeing 80” antelope, the price is too high. Especially since this type of hunt only requires a pickup truck and guide with glass. Blow out prices would have been $2,600. I agree with the US hunts, much better antelope, even in Montana.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:33 PM

Thanks for posting this. Gives me more insight to what these outfitters are charging. Kinda makes my blood boil that they can charge that to do this but yet I as the landowner are not entitled to any compensation for letting them on. Really seems one sided. I don’t feel sorry for them if they have a poor season. I’m tired of their sob stories as is.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
According to the currently posted Wildlife Act and Wildlife Regulations....

The Alberta government is breaking the law by allowing this allocation use relaxation.

Twice now in just a couple weeks F&W has bypassed the law and just done what they want. No accountability....

I was thinking that Nixon might be a good leader some day.

Now I see him as a potentially very dangerous politician, willing to do, allow his staff to do whatever they want.

F&W is acting like Trudeau and the Fed Liberals.

This is very troubling....
What was the first thing they bypassed?
Old 08-01-2020, 09:01 PM

Default Extra license

Now Nixon has them jamming anyone another $8.25 as well if you want to hunt birds using an Outfitter. “Outfitted Game Bird License” . Residents, Non-residents & Non-resident Aliens....
Old 08-01-2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiler View Post
Now Nixon has them jamming anyone another $8.25 as well if you want to hunt birds using an Outfitter. “Outfitted Game Bird License” . Residents, Non-residents & Non-resident Aliens....
8.25?? What’s that five or six 12g shells.

What a great opportunity during this pandemic for an AB res to enjoy himself.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
8.25?? What’s that five or six 12g shells.

What a great opportunity during this pandemic for an AB res to enjoy himself.
We will enjoy ourselves with less competition for fields from outfitters, that don't have American clients, and can't fill their hunts.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:31 PM

Quote:
We will enjoy ourselves with less competition for fields from outfitters, that don't have American clients, and can't fill their hunts.
Enjoy!!
Old 08-01-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Was thinking that myself but more along the lines of whitetail hunting up north this November as every year in a couple of my spots we are in competition with the outfitters for the trophy bucks.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
What was the first thing they bypassed?

I suspect he is referring to them handing out priority points in exchange for an admin error

Old 08-02-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blgoodbrand1 View Post
I suspect he is referring to them handing out priority points in exchange for an admin error

Ahhhhh yes....forgot about that.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:49 PM

The BC Mountain Goat hunt for $8500 looks really good. Probably never see that price again