Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-14-2010, 08:33 PM

Only shot one deer this year with the berger. hopped up 270WSM 140 gr. going 3130 fps (chronied) severed quartering away and running hit him behind the leg and had a 2" exit hole in front of the other shoulder. for the 2" exit hole and the internals that were mush (both heart and partial lung) i was very happy. Did what it was supposed to do IMO. He dropped in his tracks with minimal meat damage. Very good so far. Only shot 2 yotees and had the same affect dead in their tracks
Old 01-14-2010, 09:14 PM

I have shot 3 Bucks with my loaded bergers now. First was last year, Whitetail at 483 yards, pin hole in for 2 inches and then blew up, small exits from some pieces, result = dead buck. This year shot my Mulie buck at 257 yards, 1/4 away through the ribs, exited right behind the offside shoulder, pass through, 15 yard run, result = dead buck, second this year was my whitetail, 532 yards, pin hole, and dropped, result = dead buck. I use 168 gr VLDs out of my 308 Norma Mag pushed at 3205 through the chrony. It shoots 1/2 MOA. So far I have been very happy with them. Loaded some in my 204 for yotes and have it shooting great finally, but haven't been out for field tests yet.