Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-12-2010, 06:04 PM

Default opinion wanted.

On another forum I had a transaction take place.
I had a LNIB Hougue overmolded stock for a 10/22magnum with a standard barrel that I had recieved by accident from Elwwod Epps instead of the 10/22 standard stock it was supposed to be. I listed in on Gun Nutz for $50 plus shipping. A guy on Gun Nutz agreed to the price after low balling me hard on it first. I checked shipping and it would be about $12.50 to ship to Ontario. I told him to send me $62.50 and Once recieved I would ship the stock. I recived the EMT through some weird bank I had never used and it cost me $4.00 to collect it 6 days later. When Packaging the stock to ship I removed it from its own packaging and put it in another hougue stock plastic case in better shape than its current damaged packaging( Canada Post) and shipped it at a cost of $14.00. Today I recieved an PM..(Not happy with stock ..I thought I bought a NIB Hougue 22mag stock not a standard 10/22 stock someone has inletted to fit a 22mag. He also complained it fit poorly and demands his $62.50 back and wants to ship the stock back to me. I have not modified the stock at all and only took it out of the box to find out that my reciever was to short to fit it.
I have messaged him to call me and he has not yet and I have said I would return his money but I feel like I am getting screwed out of the $14 to ship plus the $4.00 to collect and whatever fee's I pay to give his money back. I feel like it cost me alot of money for him to try my stock on his gun.

What are your thoughts on how you would handle it and what you feel is fair?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:27 PM

Well in my opinion if the stock isnt what you said it is (whether you knew or not) you should refund him and swallow the shipping. In fact if it was me I would ask you to refund the return shipping aswell. He agreed to buy a stock that isnt the one he got - that is not his fault. Now if it is indeed a factory inletted stock LNIB and the guy is having buyer remorse - tell him to pound it.
If you get it back I would talk to Epps about it, either way you are probably going to be out some coin. Sorry.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:52 PM

He recieved a 10/22 magnum standard barrell stock to the best of my knowledge as that is what the box it originally came in said it was and from looking at the stock you could tell it had not been modified.
I however shipped it in a 10/22 non magnum stock barrel box as the other one was in poor shape and I had tossed it due to clutter. I didn't think he was buying it for the box so I did not think it would be a huge deal and failed to mention that fact. The only difference in the box is a decal on the bottom where it shows model #. I am prepared to pay him his money back I just don't feel very happy about it. My feeling are he changed his mind on the purchase and has decided he wants to go heavy barrel.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:53 PM

I would send him a message telling him about the box thing, and that it is in fact for a 22mag., and that is what he wanted.
I also would tell him it was unmodified.
If that is what you listed, and he bought, so be it.
Refer to Double gun's post about sand!
Cat
Old 01-12-2010, 09:56 PM

Thanks for your opinions guys I really appreciate them..
Old 01-12-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
If that is what you listed, and he bought, so be it.
Refer to Double gun's post about sand!
+1
Old 01-13-2010, 05:03 AM

Happy ending..He tried the stock on the gun as I had told him to originally and is very happy with it.. Thanks guys for the help anyway!