Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-15-2017, 11:12 AM

Default Help w/ Beretta Serial # locations

Thanks in advance for any info you gentlemen can provide.

I am looking at purchasing a Beretta A300 Extrema shotgun and there is an 8 character number on the port side of the receiver. SA.......

Is this the guns serial number or would that be located on the barrel? Info I can find says it'd be on the barrel. If that's the case what would this number be?

Reason for asking is this SA # isn't recognized on Beretta's search page at all.

Sorry but I'm fairly new to the Beretta world.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:02 PM

Default never owned an A300

but I suspect your A 300 extrema is a predecessor to the Extrema 2 of which I have owned several and the serial number is always on the side of the receiver. Barrels are replaced sometimes and interchageable but the receiver is the main part of a firearm so I feel it is more likely to have the serial number on the receiver. As I recall my serial numbers are on the front of the left side of receiver and are an alpha numeric combination.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
but I suspect your A 300 extrema is a predecessor to the Extrema 2 of which I have owned several and the serial number is always on the side of the receiver. Barrels are replaced sometimes and interchageable but the receiver is the main part of a firearm so I feel it is more likely to have the serial number on the receiver. As I recall my serial numbers are on the front of the left side of receiver and are an alpha numeric combination.

I appreciate the info. I would have thought the SA_____ on the eject side of the receiver was it alright but using the Beretta Tech Data tool it doesn't recognize it. Link below in case you wanted for your own use.

http://www.berettasupport.com/applic...search_new.htm

Starting to think I need the Date Code instead.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:38 PM

Default instructions

Say data base will only work for firearms imported by BerettaUSA so since Stoeger imports all Berettas in Canada it is doomed to fail.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
Say data base will only work for firearms imported by BerettaUSA so since Stoeger imports all Berettas in Canada it is doomed to fail.
I figured that out as well but I can't find anything on the interweb that recognizes the SA as anything made in Italy either. I thought Maryland and Italy would be their only manufacturing operations.

All good either way and thanks for your help.