Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-26-2015, 01:17 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD 848 View Post
For some people that spent most of their life in a small town or away from large cities nature becomes part of their life and they feel comfortable in their own environment .

Same as some people that live in a large city and you take them out of their comfort zone some find it hard to be in the bush alone and some adjust.

To hunt by yourself if your use to it is no big deal and is just a way of life that has become part of you and every cell in your body feels good when no one is around.

When you spend enough time solo hunting you have more time to concentrate on what your doing and learn the true patterns on animal behavior and find tune your senses to all that is around you with no distractions from others.

Some people ask me some times ,don't you get lonely when you spend a month all by your self and I tell them that your only lonely if think your lonely.

You can become lonely in any environment ,bush,city,work with tons of people around you or none.

But if you truly love what your doing I don't think you can be lonely,only when my love for the outdoors is gone and I can't smell those big spruce and pines will I be unhappy.

Hunting solo is more than just running around the bush looking to kill something,it's about spending time away from all the B S in life we think we all need.If we could only all be happy in life ,life would be great and the greatest joy in my life is the sound and the smell of nature and all it has to offer.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 07-26-2015, 09:22 AM

Smile

I also have spent the last 25 yrs guiding hunters and fisherman ,cant spend enough time alone now but do like some one in camp in case I decide to shoot something bigger than a whitetail .
Old 07-28-2015, 01:51 PM

Any advise for someone who is new to hunting on exploring the wilderness solo. Cause no amount of books can truly prepare someone to it.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:27 PM

I love hunting alone I mainly only getting that chance during bow hunting season because my whole family rifle hunts and some one always wants to go out. It's hard explaining to my girlfriend and mother, because they hate me going out on my own which I can understand. But dealing with people all year long this gives me some alone time to reflect and relax. I always tell people where I am going and when I expect to be home.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtG View Post
Any advise for someone who is new to hunting on exploring the wilderness solo. Cause no amount of books can truly prepare someone to it.
Beyond proper gear and skills all the books reiterate.
Plan so your never in a hurry to be anywhere move slow and deliberate ,try to maintain situational awarness as even a sprained ankle can become a death sentence.