Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-01-2022, 07:04 PM

Default Gun Bans got me thinking?

So all this gun ban tom foolery got me thinking. If they are going to take our legally and lawfully purchased property are they going to compensate us fully for doing so?

Its not just my guns they will have to purchase but I want to be paid for my scopes, rings, slings, bipods, shooting sticks, range finders, bino's ect and et al.

I also want to be paid for my gun powder, reloading dies, powder dispensers, gun safes, weigh scales, bullets, and primers.

I likely have 10's of thousands of dollars invested in this hobby. If your going to take it away then you dam well be prepared to pony up the cash.

I wonder if the Canadian people are ready to compensate firearms owners to the toon of $30,000 each. Perhaps we should also be compensated for our lost time and the trauma it will cause to have our passions stripped from us? Whats that worth?

Anyway just some thoughts.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:42 PM

Ask a Dutch farmer.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:46 PM

Except them to flip you a toonie after you comply and say thank you

That is only if you are a good boy
Old 12-01-2022, 07:56 PM

Default Put the brakes on

hey I am in no way saying its right or that I support whats happening. I am just trying to point out that there is alot more ice berg under the water so to speak.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:59 PM

Compensation? Didn’t they say we would own nothing and be happy?
Old 12-01-2022, 08:05 PM

I think that we all realize that there will not be fair compensation for the firearms, let alone anything else. The biggest obstacle, will be lack of compliance. With so many of the effected firearms not being registered, they don't know who has what. New Zealand had a very low rate of compliance, 30% or so, and I don't see ours being any higher. And with provinces already standing up against the liberals, it will only be harder for the liberals to try and confiscate firearms. What we really need, is other provinces to join, and then it will get really tough for the liberals.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
hey I am in no way saying its right or that I support whats happening. I am just trying to point out that there is alot more ice berg under the water so to speak.
I get it but remember they know the public will not support buying your accessories and it will be your problem because they are still legal
Old 12-01-2022, 08:16 PM

I'm not willing to sell them my property regardless of what they offer, whether it is fair or even generous. Not for sale. Tens of thousands doesn't even begin to cover it.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-01-2022, 08:16 PM

There will be no compensation.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:21 PM

They aren’t paying for anything, from what I’ve seen because it was brought in as an amendment there can’t be any financial implications thus no compensation.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muley300 View Post
They aren’t paying for anything, from what I’ve seen because it was brought in as an amendment there can’t be any financial implications thus no compensation.
And of course that is a charter violation, so it will be challenged.
Old 12-02-2022, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
So all this gun ban tom foolery got me thinking. If they are going to take our legally and lawfully purchased property are they going to compensate us fully for doing so?

Its not just my guns they will have to purchase but I want to be paid for my scopes, rings, slings, bipods, shooting sticks, range finders, bino's ect and et al.

I also want to be paid for my gun powder, reloading dies, powder dispensers, gun safes, weigh scales, bullets, and primers.

I likely have 10's of thousands of dollars invested in this hobby. If your going to take it away then you dam well be prepared to pony up the cash.

I wonder if the Canadian people are ready to compensate firearms owners to the toon of $30,000 each. Perhaps we should also be compensated for our lost time and the trauma it will cause to have our passions stripped from us? Whats that worth?

Anyway just some thoughts.
It is not just firearms they take away. The Liberals and NDP have no trouble freezing Bank Accounts and crushing donations to organizations that oppose them. Hunting and fishing is not a hobby for me it is a way of life. Trudeau is going to try to finish what Allan Rock started. This is part of the WEF reset.