Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-04-2018, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
To those that say we shouldn't be proud of being hunters and should hide our pictures and videos I have one question: How did hiding in the closet work out for the gays? It wasn't until they took it to the streets and had a parade every year that they got to where they are now. Hiding doesn't work. Being proud and respectful does.
Just my 2 cents
They were still doing it, should still be in the closet. But now it's wrong for anyone To say it's wrong. It just added to the bigger mess society has created. Hunting should just stay hunting, no publicity or nothing.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:19 PM

^ Now it seems to be appropriate to say
Quote:
Originally Posted by elk396 View Post
lol
Old 01-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
To those that say we shouldn't be proud of being hunters and should hide our pictures and videos I have one question: How did hiding in the closet work out for the gays? It wasn't until they took it to the streets and had a parade every year that they got to where they are now. Hiding doesn't work. Being proud and respectful does.
Just my 2 cents
Hunting should be about the kill you and the animal not to show everyone look at me I got a big buck, wow that's great I'll sleep better knowing that, or look at my new truck, that's great gonna pay on it till ya drop dead!! And as for the other about the parade and stuff if you ask me it's a obamination, but everyone runs to Facebook to post that fish or animal hasn't even cooled off yet and they're posting it, and someone said that Jim shocky has done so much for the hunting world, Huh!?? I see he feeds the villagers the elephant meat but doesn't Hand over the tusks to the village people to make a bit of money!?? That's sporting
Old 01-04-2018, 04:30 PM
Banned

209x50 makes a living exploiting trapping, hunting, shooting, or whatever the flavor of the day is. What would you expect?
Old 01-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Banned

A start might be to quit calling oneself a trophy hunter. To me it sounds better to be a selective hunter. Trophy hunting has a stigma to it imo.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakery 70 View Post
209x50 makes a living exploiting trapping, hunting, shooting, or whatever the flavor of the day is. What would you expect?
Here, I'll fix it for you. "209x50 makes a living trapping, hunting, shooting." Exploiting? Save that for a PETA meeting. LOL

Last edited by Okotokian; 01-04-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Just my 2 cents
I will not turn gay just to save my hunting rights, I just won't do it.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk396 View Post
I will not turn gay just to save my hunting rights, I just won't do it.
LOL Best laugh of day. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:09 PM
Banned

So, it went from a topic concerning the grizzly hunts to playing for the "other team". How the heck did that happen? A guy could suffer whiplash reading this. Too funny in one way, but no so in another. Reminds me of the Three Stooges' comedy routine "who's on first". But then again, I see many Three Stooges skits here these days. ..
Old 01-04-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Just my 2 cents
Apples and oranges, gay movement endorses an alternative lifestyle between consenting adults. The majority of people are ok with it, nobody really gives a crap what consenting adults do among themselves. However hunters are endorsing and pushing an agenda that endorses killing animals that have not consented to being killed or maimed and more and more people are speaking up for the animals right to live free from threat from hunters the majority of which don't hunt for survival but rather for sport. Society views this rather differently than they do alternative lifestyle agenda. They view it about the same as rape where one person forces themselves on an unconsenting victim.

For decades the anti hunting, anti trapping crusaders like PETA, Greenpeace, Fund for animals, etc., have spent millions , probably billions travelling the planet to find film footage of gruesome hunting and trapping scenes to use against us. It has worked and anti hunting activism has grown exponentially over the last 50 years. Along comes social media and now the hunters and trappers, might as well throw in fishermen and these anti hunting advocate groups don't have to do any work or spend any money to produce commercials, documentaries, and pictures to use against us. Hunters are doing their job for them. We're providing the shovel and digging our own grave while they stand back nodding and winking.

As I said before, we need to think twice about what we put on social media and television and how it may be viewed and used by the majority against us. Nothing wrong with standing up for our belief and posting respectful to the animal pictures and video, but we should use our heads and stop with the gore and botched shooting footage of wounded animals floundering around and other such material that some people seemingly post pretty much purposely to offend and alienate non hunters. We should be trying to gain these peoples support, not stick a fork in their eye. Oil companies don't advertising their oil spills, they advertise their ethical clean up and their high environmental standards, you don't see hospitals advertising botched abortions or operations gone bad, we hunters should stop posting the stuff that we all know will cast a negative light on our sport.

Rich, I watch your show and for a trapping show you do a very good job, you don't express a kill 'em all mentality, you talk about conservation, humane kills, nature, and are a great liaison for first nations and their relation to their trapping heritage. I find your show tastefully presented and surprisingly few non trappers I know find it offensive either. You know yourself that if you produced shows showing yourself holding up a struggling live coyote with a snare while you hoot and holler, commenting it was snared badly and joyfully announced how it suffered greatly and the only good coyote is a dead coyote, or 5 minute footage of a mink chewing its leg off to get out of a trap, etc., You know stuff like this wouldn't go over too well and your hate mail would go up exponentially. I wouldn't want to watch it. It's no different for the rest of the hunting community, like you hunters need to know where to draw the line and be ambassadors for our sport not assasins of it.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:19 PM

wow
Old 01-04-2018, 06:56 PM

It's like death from a thousand wounds, only they are all self inflicted.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:37 PM

Bushrat nailed it. But unfortunately we can legally fix stupid.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Just my 2 cents
I honestly think they gave up hiding because they couldn't hide all that well.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:34 PM

Bushrat for Prime Minister!!!!!!Love that guy!! Don't take that the wrong way either...
Old 01-04-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
So, it went from a topic concerning the grizzly hunts to playing for the "other team". How the heck did that happen? A guy could suffer whiplash reading this. Too funny in one way, but no so in another. Reminds me of the Three Stooges' comedy routine "who's on first". But then again, I see many Three Stooges skits here these days. ..
That was Abbott and Costello's routine
Old 01-04-2018, 08:49 PM

In my life I heard of Trophy Hunting and Anti Hunting at about the same time. I read about both in outdoor magazines which was the media of the day. I think both are related and always will be.

I do not think Daniel Boone or Davy Crockett were trophy hunters.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Apples and oranges, gay movement endorses an alternative lifestyle between consenting adults. The majority of people are ok with it, nobody really gives a crap what consenting adults do among themselves. However hunters are endorsing and pushing an agenda that endorses killing animals that have not consented to being killed or maimed and more and more people are speaking up for the animals right to live free from threat from hunters the majority of which don't hunt for survival but rather for sport. Society views this rather differently than they do alternative lifestyle agenda. They view it about the same as rape where one person forces themselves on an unconsenting victim.

For decades the anti hunting, anti trapping crusaders like PETA, Greenpeace, Fund for animals, etc., have spent millions , probably billions travelling the planet to find film footage of gruesome hunting and trapping scenes to use against us. It has worked and anti hunting activism has grown exponentially over the last 50 years. Along comes social media and now the hunters and trappers, might as well throw in fishermen and these anti hunting advocate groups don't have to do any work or spend any money to produce commercials, documentaries, and pictures to use against us. Hunters are doing their job for them. We're providing the shovel and digging our own grave while they stand back nodding and winking.

As I said before, we need to think twice about what we put on social media and television and how it may be viewed and used by the majority against us. Nothing wrong with standing up for our belief and posting respectful to the animal pictures and video, but we should use our heads and stop with the gore and botched shooting footage of wounded animals floundering around and other such material that some people seemingly post pretty much purposely to offend and alienate non hunters. We should be trying to gain these peoples support, not stick a fork in their eye. Oil companies don't advertising their oil spills, they advertise their ethical clean up and their high environmental standards, you don't see hospitals advertising botched abortions or operations gone bad, we hunters should stop posting the stuff that we all know will cast a negative light on our sport.

Rich, I watch your show and for a trapping show you do a very good job, you don't express a kill 'em all mentality, you talk about conservation, humane kills, nature, and are a great liaison for first nations and their relation to their trapping heritage. I find your show tastefully presented and surprisingly few non trappers I know find it offensive either. You know yourself that if you produced shows showing yourself holding up a struggling live coyote with a snare while you hoot and holler, commenting it was snared badly and joyfully announced how it suffered greatly and the only good coyote is a dead coyote, or 5 minute footage of a mink chewing its leg off to get out of a trap, etc., You know stuff like this wouldn't go over too well and your hate mail would go up exponentially. I wouldn't want to watch it. It's no different for the rest of the hunting community, like you hunters need to know where to draw the line and be ambassadors for our sport not assasins of it.
sehr gut
Old 01-05-2018, 09:52 AM

Black bears, cougar, moose, elk, sheep, deer, salmon are all possible targets by this ridiculous NDP. Race based hunting opportunity is wave of the future and hunting in national parks is acceptable now approved by the Liberals. Taking away opportunities from non First Nations will not solve any problems that existed before the ban. They will continue to reduce opportunity and freedoms for all hunters in Canada.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59whiskers View Post
Black bears, cougar, moose, elk, sheep, deer, salmon are all possible targets by this ridiculous NDP. Race based hunting opportunity is wave of the future and hunting in national parks is acceptable now approved by the Liberals. Taking away opportunities from non First Nations will not solve any problems that existed before the ban. They will continue to reduce opportunity and freedoms for all hunters in Canada.
Ya, I’m all for aboriginal hunting, just in the traditional sense, no guns, no compound bows, no trucks, atvs, skidoo,minivans, no horses( as they ain’t from here neither!!!!). Traditional hunting clothing only, teepees and pack it back to their residence on foot!
Old 01-06-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
Ya, I’m all for aboriginal hunting, just in the traditional sense, no guns, no compound bows, no trucks, atvs, skidoo,minivans, no horses( as they ain’t from here neither!!!!). Traditional hunting clothing only, teepees and pack it back to their residence on foot!
Why do you think aboriginal hunters should be stuck in the stone age?
Old 01-06-2018, 04:18 PM

Default Why Should They !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
YAHHH like none of this stuff ^^^^^^^^^ has ever been said before around and around we go.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
That was Abbott and Costello's routine
Right you are.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
If they call it a traditional hunt, they should use traditional tools.

The very concept of one group having more rights than another is racist. I’m not sure why so many selectively support racism.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
If they call it a traditional hunt, they should use traditional tools.

The very concept of one group having more rights than another is racist. I’m not sure why so many selectively support racism.
I do not think this is racism, but obviously some do think of it that way. I think that the treaties seemed like a good deal at the time, but now some non aboriginal hunters think it not fair and they think the way to correct the unfairness is to renege on the deal. I think a deal is a deal and the only way to get out of a deal is to negotiate a new deal. To do it any other way is not honourable and I actually think to renege is what is actually racist.

I think that suggesting that they use ancient methods and tools is the worst kind of racism and can do nothing other than fuel more racism.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead chucker View Post
Social media will truly be the death of us all
Agreed
Old 01-06-2018, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
I do not think this is racism, but obviously some do think of it that way. I think that the treaties seemed like a good deal at the time, but now some non aboriginal hunters think it not fair and they think the way to correct the unfairness is to renege on the deal. I think a deal is a deal and the only way to get out of a deal is to negotiate a new deal. To do it any other way is not honourable and I actually think to renege is what is actually racist.

I think that suggesting that they use ancient methods and tools is the worst kind of racism and can do nothing other than fuel more racism.
Lol. I can't believe someone believes what I just read.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:46 PM

I’m pretty sure ( don’t quote me on it) when the treaties were signed no one required a hunting license.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:56 PM

This thread actually seemed to be going well last I left it. Now it's about gay people and FN rights?
Old 01-06-2018, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Because it gives the “hunter” an unfair advantage, that’s why the rest of us have rules and regulations to follow, you tell me why certain people should get special treatment? I’m sorry but I have been a first hand witness to one of these hunters shoot a moose out of mini van window from no more than 30’ away, you tell me now, do you think this acceptable?