Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-23-2019, 01:09 PM

Default Sports memorabilia

So just wondering if there are any collectors out there that might be able to give me an idea on a jersey I have and it’s worth awhile back the oilers had an illum reunion at the Derrick golf and winter club in which every past and current Oiler attended my sister worked there and got an official nhl oilers jersey signed by everyone of them yes even 99, now I’m not looking to sell it however would like to know it’s worth thank you
Old 06-23-2019, 02:45 PM

its not worth anything without a COA
Old 06-23-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
its not worth anything without a COA
^^^ This.

You need to have it authenticated, then it will all depend on who's autographs are on it. Some signatures are worth WAY more than others.

Once you get a COA you will need to have it appraised by someone who knows what they are dooing.

And if you want max $$ you will have to frame it, to have that done properly that's $250 and up.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
^^^ This.

You need to have it authenticated, then it will all depend on who's autographs are on it. Some signatures are worth WAY more than others.

Once you get a COA you will need to have it appraised by someone who knows what they are dooing.

And if you want max $$ you will have to frame it, to have that done properly that's $250 and up.
And wash it first. .....
Old 06-23-2019, 11:31 PM
Banned

Certificates of Authenticity (COA) are only as good as the person issuing them. I’ll print you out as many official looking ones that you want.
Just kidding to make a point.

At one time I was a serious collector/buyer/seller of HHOF hockey players. First, if you are buying you want to know what the autograph of the player looks like to determine if it’s authentic. Second, you want to know how the autograph was obtained. For me, a ticket stub from a signing session would suffice if the autograph looked authentic. In your case, some sort of proof that the event was attended. Serious collectors can determine if it is legit.

If you do decide that you want a COA from a reputable company, it’s probably going to cost you a ton of money to authentic each autograph individually.......probably more than what the jersey is worth. Just enjoy it.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:20 PM

I have a pretty neat signed item that I always have wondered if it had any value to it. It is a hat signed by both Rob and Scott Neidermeyer. When the Ducks played the Devils (who won) in the final for the Cup, the brothers were playing against each other. The league made up hats for them, with the logo for each team sharing space on the front.

My dad had a lady friend back then, and they were driving around the Kootenay area, when she got an invite from her niece to come to her husband's birthday party. Dad kinda wasn't into it, but went, and turned out the husband was Scott, and he was at the lake with his family, including brother Rob...and the Stanley Cup. So my dad spent the day tooling around the lake with them on the boat, drinking their beer, and I have a picture of him holding the Cup with Scott. They both signed the hat, and when my dad got home he showed it to me.

Seriously, my dad has never watched a full hockey game in his life, the closest he came was watching two periods of his grandson play (my son) before he wanted to bail and go play cribbage. He wouldn't know a poke check from a cross check, an offside from icing. Hated hockey. I was pure green envy monster about him getting to spend time with the brothers, at the lake, with the Cup, in the boat drinking their beer.

Dad could have cared less, so he gave me the hat, and I have the picture of him and Scott with the Cup. A cool story, especially now that dad is gone.

But I'm still kinda ticked it wasn't me. Although, if it meant dating his lady friend Bertha (that really was her name)....I guess maybe not.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 06-24-2019 at 04:25 PM.