Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2019, 09:54 AM

Good point.... you guys do have a bonifise starting tender in
My opinion.

.... but
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 07-31-2019, 10:08 AM

They are going to have to put McDavids skates on backwards for Neil to have any chance of keeping up with him. Even then it would be touch and go
Old 08-03-2019, 06:07 AM

By the way some Shames fans are talking they have been winning the cup every year.

Everyone watch out for those JUGGERNAUT Shames!

Since the lockout they have,

Missed the playoffs 8 times.

Won ONE playoff series, their best playoff performance in a few decades.

Been bounced in the first round 4 times.

Been swept from the first round twice.

Maybe try comparing yourselves to a higher caliber of team than a bottom feeder.

Guess what, YOU SUCK TOO!!

Only most Oil fans will admit we suck, yet somehow the Shames are a superior team, when compared to a bottom feeder.

Nobody is scared of the Shames come playoff time, FACT! (if they make them, see above stats) I'm sure if you asked every team in the post season who they would want to play and I GUARANTEE to only answer would be the Shames.

Guaranteed win, every time. Last year the pedestrian Avs made them look like a pee-wee team, and that was after the Shames best regular season since??

Should of spent that money replacing that sad joke of a football stadium. At least the Stamps know how to win and don't fold like cheap lawn chairs when it counts the most. Well, at least half the time they don't.

Cue triggered Shames fans in 3,, 2,,
Old 08-03-2019, 10:42 AM
Banned

Easy now...Flames played 5 more games than the Oilers, we'll be more rested up
Old 08-03-2019, 10:43 AM

Lol!!!!!!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 08-03-2019, 01:13 PM

Why would you rain on the flamed out's (stanley cup) parade?
Old 08-03-2019, 03:35 PM

Oiler fans that talk crap make me laugh. We are in no position to talk crap the team stinks. The management stunk for years and the city is on the top 3 of teams players don’t want to be traded to.

I’ve been an Oilers fan for a long time. But it’s been tiring. Facts are facts.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:37 PM

I think we all know thw Oilers can not play well again until the Flames at least try to catch up in Cup wins. How is it that a team that has only won one lousy cup egts such high praise. When you lok at actual facts the Flames are really only ahead of about 6 teams and they are all newer teams then the Flames are. The Oilers have 5 Cups and are also a newer team then the Flames are. I am talking the teams history in the NHL. Even if the Flames were to win the Cup this year they would still have less then half as many as the Oilers.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillG View Post
I think we all know thw Oilers can not play well again until the Flames at least try to catch up in Cup wins. How is it that a team that has only won one lousy cup egts such high praise. When you lok at actual facts the Flames are really only ahead of about 6 teams and they are all newer teams then the Flames are. The Oilers have 5 Cups and are also a newer team then the Flames are. I am talking the teams history in the NHL. Even if the Flames were to win the Cup this year they would still have less then half as many as the Oilers.
That’s all history. It’s what have you done for us lately that counts. Lately sure sucks...
Old 08-03-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
At least try looking up the actual facts before spouting off, might make you seem a little more credible. There are currently 10 teams out of 30 that have never won a cup and 5 that have only won once. Cup wins that came before the modern era are nothing spectacular especially since your team has been the literal laughing stock of the league for the last decade.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Banned

Default 18-19 Soilers season

I wonder how many Soiler fans realize that last season was the Soilers 4th BEST in the last 20 seasons. Kinds puts things in perspective.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Moose View Post
I wonder how many Soiler fans realize that last season was the Soilers 4th BEST in the last 20 seasons. Kinds puts things in perspective.
These are the factual things that make it tough to root for them. Hopefully new management will breed some better things within the club. That idiot Nicholson is still their though and still wields a big stick however. Which really sucks..

Last edited by 1899b; 08-03-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
You do know we are in a whole new century?
You do know that the last win was 30 years ago?
Do you know how long 30 years is?
Holy man, take the #99 poster off the door in your bathroom and quit self loving to it. Times have changed and life has beyond moved forward here. Sorry you are caught in a Edmonton time warp. Can we help?
Old 08-03-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Holy man, take the #99 poster off the door in your bathroom and quit self loving to it. Times have changed and life has beyond moved forward here. Sorry you are caught in a Edmonton time warp. Can we help?
Yes I agree 30 yrs is a long time for the Flames to go without a cup. Next year the Oilers will hit that milestone as well. Both teams suck! It’s official.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:13 AM

Jungleboy the Flames fans seem to forget that their team has sucked longer then ours. Who went to the Cup final last I bet it was not the Flames an actual fact. If history serves me right it was the Oilers. I apologise for not knowing the actual number of teams that have never won a Cup my bad. It doesn't matter though even if our team sucks they still have 5 times as money Cup wins as the Flames.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:31 AM

“ If you’re not first , you’re last” neither team is in the running to be first except by accident at this point
Old 08-04-2019, 08:56 AM

Best part of these "Oiler" treads as there is more Flame talk happening than Oilers LOL. Not much going on Oilerville? Slow summer??
Almost like having a second Flames thread. Good work.
Anyways, back to the 80's with you. Have fun on memory lane.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Does that mean the Farrah Fawcett poster has to come down as well ??
Old 08-04-2019, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Best part of these "Oiler" treads as there is more Flame talk happening than Oilers LOL. Not much going on Oilerville? Slow summer??
Almost like having a second Flames thread. Good work.
Anyways, back to the 80's with you. Have fun on memory lane.
Memory lane?? Hell no, these guys need a Archeologist and the Royal Tyrrell museum to figure out this stuff.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Does that mean the Farrah Fawcett poster has to come down as well ??
Never.... Still so damn hot!!!
Old 08-04-2019, 12:36 PM

Is there a time limit Oiler fans are allowed to fall back on? Last year? Ok last year..... where both teams had zero wins in the playoffs....
3 years? Oilers losing conference finals in 7 games?
What’s the memory lane time limit?
Lol
Old 08-04-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Is there a time limit Oiler fans are allowed to fall back on? Last year? Ok last year..... where both teams had zero wins in the playoffs....
3 years? Oilers losing conference finals in 7 games?
What’s the memory lane time limit?
Lol
Shames fans are jealous that us Oiler fans and the Oilers organization has such a rich and rewarding history. The Shames have nothing worthwhile remembering or recalling for that matter.

I wonder if their new arena when built will act as a catch basin for the downtown core!

BW
Old 08-15-2019, 03:18 PM

good to see my boy having a blast this summer... lookin a little lit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
good to see my boy having a blast this summer... lookin a little lit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
His ankle lower leg injury must be good to go! One month to training camp!

whoohoo!

BW
Old 08-16-2019, 07:49 AM

Training camp will be interesting. A lot of young D pushing for a spot. Will Tyler Benson make it up front? Always interested to see how things shake out and to get going.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:31 AM

So the rumour mill was that Brassard was coming and then he signs with the Isle. I see Maroon has signed with Tampa and Upshall has a PTO contract with Dallas this morning. Wonder what free agents the Oil will be able to attract if any? 3rd line center is still in play..
Old 08-25-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
So the rumour mill was that Brassard was coming and then he signs with the Isle. I see Maroon has signed with Tampa and Upshall has a PTO contract with Dallas this morning. Wonder what free agents the Oil will be able to attract if any? 3rd line center is still in play..
Commentators suggesting they could be kicking tires on Marleau or Vanek??
Old 08-25-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
Commentators suggesting they could be kicking tires on Marleau or Vanek??
Yeah I can’t see Marleau coming to this market unless he doesn’t mind leaving his wife and kids. Can’t see her uprooting for what would amount to a year. He’s 39 and pretty much done. I’m pretty sure Marleau wants to go to a contender his final year...
Old 08-25-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Yeah I can’t see Marleau coming to this market unless he doesn’t mind leaving his wife and kids. Can’t see her uprooting for what would amount to a year. He’s 39 and pretty much done. I’m pretty sure Marleau wants to go to a contender his final year...
I’d be shocked if he came to Edmonton. That said , he’s be a great one year addition.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
I’d be shocked if he came to Edmonton. That said , he’s be a great one year addition.
I agree