Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-14-2023, 11:44 AM

Default Lloyd gunshow January 21 & 22, 2023

Come on down

Lloydminster Gun & Outdoor Sportsman Show 2023
Sponsored by Lloydminster & District Fish and Game Association.

January 21 & 22, 2023
Saturday 10 – 6 and Sunday 10 – 3
Servus Sports Centre (Hwy 17 and 12th Street)

Admission $10.00
12 and under are FREE when accompanied by an adult
Old 01-21-2023, 07:39 PM

Went to the gun show today, it was good, lots of tables and prices not bad for the most part, blows my mind though that some vendors have jacked up prices and don't realize others are selling the same stuff there for a lot less, you have to shop around, for example on one table there was H4350 and H4831sc for $130 per LB, and both those powders were available at 2 other vendors at $73 and $82 per LB respectively.

Anyway given that it's the first show here in 3 years it was nice to wonder around, talk to people and see what's out there, never saw 1 rifle primer for sale but didn't really expect to see any. The crowd was big so I may go back for a couple hours tomorrow and just poke around a bit more as I know I missed some stuff as you couldn't get near some tables.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-21-2023, 07:51 PM

Talked to Prophet River yesterday, they said lots of guys are ordering powder to pick up on the way to the show. So if anyone has thoughts of doing that, better call ahead and secure what you want.

And ya, shop around. Getting to be some pretty significant differences in prices lately
Old 01-22-2023, 01:56 PM

I went back today for a couple more hours, way nicer walking around and looking at stuff and talking to people, yesterday was a zoo, today was nice and relaxed, found a couple more things I needed.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-22-2023, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
I went back today for a couple more hours, way nicer walking around and looking at stuff and talking to people, yesterday was a zoo, today was nice and relaxed, found a couple more things I needed.
I went back too but didn't bother to buy anything else. That table where you dug up the 7-08 Hornady ELDX had another 5 boxes out today. I almost pulled the trigger. Kind of glad that 300 Mag I pointed out to you yesterday was gone or I think I'd have taken a 300 mag I have no need of home with me today too. Was a good weekend though and a good haul of ammo. The wife and I have enough ammo now for our big game rifles that we should not need to buy any for at least 10-15 years.
Old 01-23-2023, 07:22 AM

My take away from the show (Saturday) was there was a lot of powder to be had. Some of the larger sizes too. But the prices where insane.

Nice to see the interest and the amount of people there. Also nice to be able to pick up a new gun from Clay over at Prophet River's new store.