Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-27-2023, 03:02 PM

Well I went a completely different direction than I originally intended but I picked up a new shotty today.
I walked into P&D with the intention of having a look to see what was out there . I wanted to have a look at the SXP and a Mossberg 930 . Then this thing jumped in front of me and ended up following me home.
Yes it’s. Turkish made shotgun , yes I know it’s risky but there is a part of me deep down that truly believes that one day I will get something good for a steal of a price. It is a Revolution Armory Swift , 12 ga 3”chamber gas operated .
I have a couple of their shotguns in single shot and they have been great so hey what could go wrong right ..

Time will tell, this thing was literally cheaper than the SXP base gun .

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-27-2023, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Well I went a completely different direction than I originally intended but I picked up a new shotty today.
I walked into P&D with the intention of having a look to see what was out there . I wanted to have a look at the SXP and a Mossberg 930 . Then this thing jumped in front of me and ended up following me home.
Yes it’s. Turkish made shotgun , yes I know it’s risky but there is a part of me deep down that truly believes that one day I will get something good for a steal of a price. It is a Revolution Armory Swift , 12 ga 3”chamber gas operated .
I have a couple of their shotguns in single shot and they have been great so hey what could go wrong right ..

Time will tell, this thing was literally cheaper than the SXP base gun .

[IMG][/IMG]
Yes time will tell, there is getting to be quite a few of that brand around, due to the cheap price, but I haven't seen any yet with even 5000 rounds through them, so no idea yet, how they stand up long term. And I have no idea how easy it will be to find parts for them in 5 or 10 years.
Old 01-27-2023, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Yes time will tell, there is getting to be quite a few of that brand around, due to the cheap price, but I haven't seen any yet with even 5000 rounds through them, so no idea yet, how they stand up long term. And I have no idea how easy it will be to find parts for them in 5 or 10 years.
At $450 if this lasts me 5 years I am winning. I don’t shoot clays other than going out and hand throwing some with a couple friends for an afternoon.
I would like to smack a few ducks with it just for nostalgia sake. If it will do that, great , if not , well I guess I move on to the next one .
Old 01-27-2023, 10:07 PM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=356850

I also read elsewhere that the wood “chips” easily, so be wary when handling.

But it looks good
Old 01-27-2023, 10:10 PM

It won't take long to find out. We had two guys at our club buy a pair of them. First evening out on the skeet field to try them out the the first gun never made it past the first shot, high 1 before it was a single shot. The second gun made it to station two and became a single shot by shot #5. They took them back to the store they bought them and came back out the next evening the club was open with two brand new replacements. The first one made it to station 2 and actually made it through the doubles but by the time he got it to station 6 for the doubles there it wouldn't cycle. The other fellow made a full round of 25 shots. He went to shoot a second round and it broke on shot 26...each time some small part fell out the bottom from inside the receiver. These guys were shooting target loads, not big heavy waterfowl loads. They returned them once again and got their $ back. No idea what they replaced them with but I invited the one fellow on a duck hunt with us and I noticed he brought his SBE2...good luck with your purchase. I hope you don't experience the issues they did. Personally given the performance I saw of them I'd be afraid to put a heavy field load in one and pull the trigger. I'd be afraid the gun would explode in my hands.
Old 01-27-2023, 10:57 PM

Well , that doesn’t sound encouraging at all. Hope to get out with it next week for some test shooting , I will let you no if it fails or wins
Old 01-28-2023, 06:16 AM

Yes both those guys that Frank NK28 is talking about shoot at our club here, I was on the trap field that night but I know neither gun made a round of skeet, I heard about it when we were finishing up. They were not happy campers and I have never seen another revolution arms gun at the club, good luck with yours, I hope it runs flawlessly.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_NK28 View Post
It won't take long to find out. We had two guys at our club buy a pair of them. First evening out on the skeet field to try them out the the first gun never made it past the first shot, high 1 before it was a single shot. The second gun made it to station two and became a single shot by shot #5. They took them back to the store they bought them and came back out the next evening the club was open with two brand new replacements. The first one made it to station 2 and actually made it through the doubles but by the time he got it to station 6 for the doubles there it wouldn't cycle. The other fellow made a full round of 25 shots. He went to shoot a second round and it broke on shot 26...each time some small part fell out the bottom from inside the receiver. These guys were shooting target loads, not big heavy waterfowl loads. They returned them once again and got their $ back. No idea what they replaced them with but I invited the one fellow on a duck hunt with us and I noticed he brought his SBE2...good luck with your purchase. I hope you don't experience the issues they did. Personally given the performance I saw of them I'd be afraid to put a heavy field load in one and pull the trigger. I'd be afraid the gun would explode in my hands.
While I see more people buying this brand for hunting, I have only seen one show up at our club for skeet. It screwed up at the first station, but instead of taking it back to the dealer, the guy messed around with it for a few days, and eventually, he got it to cycle well enough to make it through a day of skeet. He then took the gun hunting , got mud in the barrel, and fired it, which destroyed the barrel. Knowing the guy was a bit different, I never knew if the issue was him or the gun, but seeing what happened at your club, it may be both. The guy then showed up with a Maxus that look like it had seen better days, after passing up a like new Maxus at Prophet River, for the same price, because it was a 3", and not a 3-1/2". A good friend bought the 3" Maxus for $1000, which was a great price, for a like new camo gun.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 01-28-2023 at 06:50 AM.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_NK28 View Post
I have heard this story frequently. OP would have been better off to stick with the pump idea. But, it's not a lot of money, and I read they are decent about warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2023, 08:33 AM

Hope that more than meets your needs! Looks nice.
Old 01-28-2023, 08:51 AM

I picked up the SXP waterfowl a few years back on sale with a $100 rebate. Said and done cost me under $300 brand new. That gun has taken quite a few beatings while duck hunting and never given me an issue. Can't believe they're going for $650 now.

Also had a new Wingmaster, an old Wingmaster, an 1100, and a Stoeger M3500. I prefer the SXP to all of them.
Old 01-28-2023, 11:27 AM

I only have 3 12 gauge shotguns. If I’m going waterfowl hunting I take my 1187, as I hate the recoil of a pump when laying in a coffin blind. If I’m shooting clays I take my Citorri. Last summer I bought a RevArms benelli clone for calling coyotes. So far the gun has worked great but I only have 4 boxes of target loads and a few 00 buck through it.